- Reviewed on Mar. 30, 2018
1. Flights to Chongqing was on time, the tour guide picked us up and took us for embarkation
2. The Yangtze River Cruise was wonderful, the staffs in the cruise were very helpful, the attendants in the dining room remembered my issues with food allergies, every dining time (breakfast/lunch/dinner) they would either save me some food and/or show me dishes that I can avoid due to my onion and cinnamon allergies.We upgraded our cabin to the presidential cabin,my gift to my husband, whose health is failing and wanted him to be very comfortable.
3. the flight to yichang was on time, tour guide spotted us right away. Followed the itinerary as scheduled. She was very attentive to my food allergies and very informative
4. The last tour was the Sanyou cave. We opted not to see it, because we were very tired and exhausted, so opted for massage. She refunded us the cost of the cave tour (60 rmb pp). That was very nice of her.
5. Xian- tour guide was waiting for us in the airport. Went on the scheduled tour. I mentioned to her that we needed a wheelchair for my husband if we'll do a lot of walking. She secured it from the hotel. She pushed the wheelchair all the time. I wanted to relieve her but she insisted.
There was a slight issue on the hotel rooms. We had to change to non smoking room/floor. I have asthma, when I smelled the floor and room of smoke, I started coughing. I called the front desk to change our room in the morning, since my husband was already asleep. I wore my face masked all night.They did change our room the next day x2 as the first one (though they told me was a non smoking floor, soon as the elevator opened in 7th floor, I started coughing again, and a very strong fume of smoke was detected, so the bellboy was gracious enough to let us wait in the 7th floor ao he went to the front desk to change another floor/room. Finally, the 8th floor was a lot better. So when the guide showed up we were trying to change room and that delayed out start of the tour. I think this would have been avoided if the front desk asked us if we wanted the non smoking room on check in.
The massage was relaxing. It was a nice alternate to the cave tour. According to the guide, the tour ends up in a tunnel and see the wonderful mountains and river. I mentioned to her that we had enough mountains and rivers while we cruised. in the train station, we waited while she got our train tickets. Soon as she got them, she gave them to us. She told us to go the gate for boarding, (the gate # was in the ticket), then she left. We had to asked/showed our tickets to the train staffs to let us know was time is boarding, what floor we need to get the train etc,etc. Communication was a slightly an issue, but managed with gestures. The train staffs were very nice, we were in Q to get in the gate, when she came to us and told us to go ahead and enter the gate, we had to take the elevator to level 1 to take the train and told us to take #2 car. So we had time to load our luggage in the train. In the train, we tried to go to the dining car but they were closed and start again in 20 mins. Again, we had some communication issues, as the staff serving doesn't understand nor speak English. I was asking about the onion in the package to no understanding. Anyways, another person in the dining car came to rescue us and read us the ingredients. When we opened the pack, the individual seasoning were in separate envelops. That helped some, so I didn't add the package with onion/scallion. Overall experience was very good. I thought it was a nonstop bullet train but we stopped at least 6-7 times to drop off/pick up passengers. It was an adventure experience, since that was out first time to ride a bullet train.
Then came to train station in Beijing, we didn't know where to exit-north or south. we followed the crowd to the south terminal. Lots of folks offered to get a taxi but we told them we have someone meeting us and they were insistent. I think because we were tourist and they spot an easy target. We stopped and waited soon as we reached the south exit, they a guy comes and he says "wait", He left to get Richard, the guide, as he was also covering the north exit in case we went that way. So we walked out of the train station to the parking area, and that was a long walk, my husband was huffing and puffing. I wished he told us to wait outside the train station or a corner of the street while the driver fetched the van. Though my husband made it, I told Richard the my husband has lung and brain cancer and is unable to walk long distance as he get very short of breath. He helped us check in. I asked him if he can secure a wheelchair for all those walking tour the following days. Yes, he was able to secure a wheelchair for us from the hotel, just put deposit. He pushed the wheelchair. Yes, my husband made it to the great wall of China with difficulty. He walked the steps till we reached the big rock and up again to the see more of the wall.I thought he was going to pass out on me, but he tolerated all the activities that day.
I have a question: we paid for the gondola ride RT, I thought that was included in the package tour? Also, in the package, it didn't state that the gondola ride was not included and needs to be paid when we get there.I would appreciate an explanation.
Richard helped us a lot in checking in at the airport, and securing a wheelchair for my husband. That was a long walk. We are glad that the Air China staff provided it.
Richard had a good command of English, wonderful guide, very knowledgeable in Chinese history. We learned a lot from his information. The lunch with a family was a very good touch. We enjoyed that a lot, meeting the family and dining on the home cook food, so different from restaurants. The rickshaw ride around the Hutong village was fun too.
On day 7, I noticed now on the itinerary that there was an experience to the Tea Ceremony, We didn't experience that nor we went to one. Also, for lunch, he took us where the locals go so we experienced dining with the local people in that restaurant.
Over all, it was a very good experience for us, hotels were nice and accommodating and tour guides were very knowledgeable in history and seems to be passionate too about their country.
Thanks for setting up a wonderful tour. It was very memorable and one to cherish. My husband checked it off his bucket list!
Again, thank you.
Amazing Travel Stories with Hot Destinations from Our Customers
Our dear customers have shared many travel stories, feelings and stunning pictures after finishing their trips with us. They are glad to share everything with you and you are warmly welcomed to read their photo stories. For more, you can click 2012-2020 Customer Travel Stories" to appreciate all stuning stories. Get inspired now!
Warm People, Warm the World - Annual Tibet Trip for Love Sharing
Jack and their partners would get back to Tibet from the distant USA every year, and until now, they’ve visited Tibet for 6 times. Every time, they had wonderful time enjoying the highlights of Tibet, and helped the blind, brought them hope of life and encouraged them to meet every day with braveness...
- Jack (USA)
- (6 Times) 2013~2019
Rachel Grant’s Panda Volunteer Experience in Dujiangyan
The distinctive black and white animal is a national treasure in China and one of the rarest, most endangered bears in the world. A one-on-one encounter with a giant panda is a bucket list highlight and a must-do when you are in China. The time I spent witnessing such human dedication is truly eye-opening...
- Panda Volunteer Star: Ms. Rachel Grant (British)
- Chengdu - Dujiangyan
Returning Hometown to Regain Adopted Daughter's Confidence
Lawson's Family had an amazing family China tour with their two adopted daughters from China and touchingly helped their adopted ethnic little girl regain confidence.
- Lawson (UK)
- (19 Days) 2018.10.17~2018.11.04
- Shenzhen - Xiamen - Guangzhou - Zhaoxing - Rongjiang - Congjiang - Guilin - Chengdu - Hangzhou - Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai
“Only You” - Couple’s Resounding 69 Days Private China Journey
Elie & Marie has successfully enjoyed their wonderful and romantic 10 week couple's private vacation and experienced a lot of interesting things in 32 destinations around vast China!
- Elie (Belgium)
- (69 Days) 2019.09.04~2019.11.11
- Beijing - Hohhot - Datong - Pingyao - Luoyang - Xian - Jiayuguan ...... Chengdu - Yangtze - Zhangjiajie - Yunnan - Guilin - Xiamen - Hangzhou - Shanghai
North American English Teachers’ China Trips to Visit Their Students off Internet
We customized three big group China trips for tens of VIPKid English teachers and their family members to visit Xian, Shanghai, etc. from Beijing and meet their students off Internet in China in 2019!
- VIPKid Teachers (USA/Canada)
- (9-21 Days) 2019
- Beijing - Xian - Shanghai - Suzhou –Shanghai - Hangzhou - Huangshan –Yichang - Yangtze River Cruise - Chongqing - Chengdu - Beijing
19 China Trips of Vijay’s People - Spreading around Family & Friends of Wonder’s Good Service
Vijay, his family and friends have enjoyed 19 trips to savore the nature, culture, history, etc. in many great places during 2014-2017 with the great suggestion and service from Wonder.
- Vijay (India)
- (3-10 Days) 2014-2017
- Destinations: Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Guilin, Zhangjiajie, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Xinjiang, Harbin...