Amazing Travel Stories from Our Valued Customers
Every traveler has some own unique story he or she loves to share. It is one big important part of the travel experience. Here are 24 China travel stories shared by our valued customers who traveled with us and visited Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Guilin, Chengdu, Huangshan, Tibet. Yunnan, Silk Road and more stunning places. May these stories ignite your wanderlust and make you pack your bags and go!
Warm People, Warm the World - Annual Tibet Trip for Love Sharing
Jack and their partners would get back to Tibet from the distant USA every year, and until now, they’ve visited Tibet for 6 times. Every time, they had wonderful time enjoying the highlights of Tibet, and helped the blind, brought them hope of life and encouraged them to meet every day with braveness...
- Jack (USA)
- (6 Times) 2013~2019
Rachel Grant’s Panda Volunteer Experience in Dujiangyan
The distinctive black and white animal is a national treasure in China and one of the rarest, most endangered bears in the world. A one-on-one encounter with a giant panda is a bucket list highlight and a must-do when you are in China. The time I spent witnessing such human dedication is truly eye-opening...
- Panda Volunteer Star: Ms. Rachel Grant (British)
- Chengdu - Dujiangyan
Returning Hometown to Regain Adopted Daughter's Confidence
Lawson's Family had an amazing family China tour with their two adopted daughters from China and touchingly helped their adopted ethnic little girl regain confidence.
- Lawson (UK)
- (19 Days) 2018.10.17~2018.11.04
- Shenzhen - Xiamen - Yongding - Guangzhou - Zhaoxing - Rongjiang - Congjiang - Yangshuo - Guilin - Chengdu - Hangzhou - Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai
“Only You” - Couple’s Resounding 69 Days Private China Journey
Elie & Marie has successfully enjoyed their wonderful and romantic 10 week couple's private vacation and experienced a lot of interesting things in 32 destinations around vast China!
- Elie (Belgium)
- (69 Days) 2019.09.04~2019.11.11
- Beijing - Hohhot - Datong - Pingyao - Luoyang - Xian - Jiayuguan ...... Chengdu - Yangtze - Zhangjiajie - Yunnan - Guilin - Xiamen - Hangzhou - Shanghai
North American English Teachers’ China Trips to Visit Their Students off Internet
We customized three big group China trips for tens of VIPKid English teachers and their family members to visit Xian, Shanghai, etc. from Beijing and meet their students off Internet in China in 2019!
- VIPKid Teachers (USA/Canada)
- (9-21 Days) 2019
- Beijing - Xian - Shanghai - ...... - Beijing
19 China Trips of Vijay’s People - Spreading around Family & Friends of Wonder’s Good Service
Vijay, his family and friends have enjoyed 19 trips to savore the nature, culture, history, etc. in many great places during 2014-2017 with the great suggestion and service from Wonder.
- Vijay (India)
- (3-10 Days) 2014-2017
- Destinations: Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Guilin, Zhangjiajie, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Xinjiang, Harbin...
Winston's Couple Tour to 9 Cities around China plus Yangtze Cruise
Winston and his wife have traveled to many world places during the past 21 years and experienced the best vacation this time to explore China's west and east, north and south parts!
- Winston (USA)
- (22 Days) 2019.05.17~2019.6.07
- Beijing - Xian - Lhasa - Chengdu - Guilin - Longsheng - Yangshuo - Chongqing - Yangtze River Cruise - Yichang - Shanghai - Suzhou - Beijing
Sweet Couple's 21-Day Northern China Exploration
Roger and his wife Christine went to several ancient capitals, time-honored towns, and famous mountains in northern China, quite a novel experience to see different culture, landscape and people.
- Roger (UK)
- (21 Days) 2018.10.13~2018.11.02
- Beijing - Datong - Mount Wutai - Pingyao - Xian - Luoyang - Jinan - Taian - Qufu - Beijing - Chengde - Beijing
In Search of Shangri-La to Yunnan, China
We received an inquiry from Mr. Marcin in April. Marcin thought April sounds like a fantastic month to search for Shangri-La. He found one in Yunnan China. We made an itinerary of 14 days suitable for his interests and needs.
- Marcin (USA)
- (14 Days) 2019.04.15~2019.04.28
- Kunming - Dali - Lijiang - Lugu Lake - Lijiang - Tiger Leaping Gorge - Shangri-La - Kunming
Say Hello to Cute Panda and Travel Around Chengdu
Marin enjoyed every minute during his 12 days exploration tour to the home town of giant pandas - Chengdu and the around to visit pandas, Leshan Giant Buddha, Dujiangyan Irrigation, and sample famous Sichuan cuisines.
- Marcin (USA)
- (12 Days) 2019.06.11~2019.06.22
- Chengdu - Leshan - Emeishan - Chengdu - Dujiangyan - Mount Siguniang - Chengdu
Sucking Cultural Fragrance from Time-honored Architectures
Some top destinations like Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Guilin, Tibet etc. are undoubtedly beautiful and amazing. But there are some other places will pleasant surprise you, like Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Temple...
- Ms.Lee (USA)
- (18 Days) 2017.09.18~2017.10.05
- Kathmandu - Kunming - Lhasa - Shigatse - Xian - Luoyang - Pingyao - Datong
Long-lasting Memory brought by First Trip to China
We had so many amazing experiences. All of the cities we visited were much greener than we expected with trees and shrubs planted everywhere, which made the whole environment very pleasant. The people were friendly and the crowds were good-natured...
- Ms.Elizabeth (Britain)
- (16 Days) 2017.04.14~2017.04.29
- Beijing - Xian - Guilin - Hangzhou - Huangshan - Shanghai - Suzhou
Journey of Treasures - Hugging Nine Cities in Summer
In 22 days, we managed to see a far bit of the country. We started in Beijing had 4 days there and we went to The Forbidden City, go to the top and overlook Tiananmen Square which was amazing. Peking Opera Show...
- Paul (Australia)
- 22 Days (2017.07.31~2017.08.21)
- Beijing - Datong - Pingyao - Xian - Chengdu - Guilin - Yangtze - Shanghai
China Culture & Nature Couple Trip from Capital Beijing
Nallely and her husband enjoyed 19 days in this marvellous and amazingly beautiful country in their eyes and explored the beautiful culture, history and nature from Beijing.
- Nallely (Mexico)
- (19 Days) 2017.10.22~2017.11.09
- Shanghai - Beijing - Chengdu - Dai - Kunming - Stone Forest - Yuanyang - Jianshui - Kunming - Guilin - Yangshuo - Guilin - Hangzhou - Shanghai
15 Days' Diverse China Close-up with Beloved Wife and Boy
While John was researching, he determined to do a custom tour to include everything he wanted. The towns he chose were Beijing, Xian, Dunhuang, Chengdu... The trip turned out to be both flawless and amazing.
- John (USA)
- (15 Days) 2019.7.20~2019.8.3
- Beijing - Xian - Dunhuang - Chengdu - Guilin - Longsheng - Yangshuo - Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai
15 Days to Unveil the Mysterious Ancient Silk Road
Traveling to the Silk Road is like a dream come true. Monica had an unforgettable time discovering 9 cities from the modern Shanghai all the way northwest to Urumqi in Xinjiang.
- Monica (Spain)
- (15 Days) 2019.5.09~2019.5.23
- Shanghai - Xian - Pingyao - Lanzhou - Zhangye - Jiayuguan - Dunhuang - Turpan - Urumqi - Shanghai
Family Trip to Achieve Elder Father’s Root Seeking Dream
The touching story of Cindy's family China trip to find their hometown and help her elder father find the roots in Shandong with great visits to Zhangjiajie, Hangzhou, Huangshan and Beijing.
- Cindy (USA)
- (15 Days) 2019.06.19~2019.07.03
- Jinan - Taishan - Qufu - Chengwu - Qufu - Huangshan - Hangzhou - Zhangjiajie - Beijing
Happy Family Immersed in Southern China Landscape
Sommer family spent 15 relaxing days exploring the mountains and rivers in Southern China. From Zhujiajiao Water Town in Shanghai, to amazing Zhangjiajie, picturesque Guilin, and leisure Chengdu, they all enjoyed their trip.
- Sommer Family (India)
- (15 Days) 2018.03.24~2018.04.07
- Shanghai - Zhangjiajie - Changsha - Guilin - Yangshuo - Longji - Guilin - Chengdu
No Family, No Travels
Travelling with 2 girls under 12 years old required some thinking and extra consideration, but Jack Li at China Discovery did an excellent job of supporting the itinerary plans and patiently working through our changes. We will definitely be going again, loved it!
- Mr.Knight (New Zealand)
- (15 Days) 2017.10.09~2017.10.23
- Beijing - Xian - Chengdu - Guilin - Hong Kong
Culture Fan’s Seeking - Traditional Taoism vs. Tibetan Buddhism
We received an inquiry from Mr. Ronald last year. Since Ron is very interested in Chinese Taoism and the EBC, I made an itinerary of 14 days suitable for his interests and needs to Wudangshan and Mt. Everest with Chengdu to egnite his China Trip from Beijing!
- Mr.Ronald (USA)
- (14 Days) 2017.11.01~2017.11.14
- Beijing - Wudangshan - Chengdu - Tibet - Beijing
The Pursuit of Natural Beauty with the Beloved one
It has been almost a month since we came back from China but we're still thinking about the beautiful places we saw in China and still looking at thousands of pictures & video clips... Such unforgettable memories of a lifetime!
- Ms.Nguyen (Canada)
- (14 Days) 2017.04.26~2017.05.09
- Shanghai - Suzhou - Hangzhou - Huangshan - Xian - Beijing
Continue Unfinished Silk Road Trip in China after 20 Years
Mr. Marcin had a very long journey on China’s Silk Road, starting in Lanzhou Gansu Province and 3000 km later ending up at the edge of Taklamakan desert. He crossed endless deserts and rediscovered long forgotten cities. It was a remarkable journey.
- Marcin (USA)
- (13 Days) 2019.05.13~2019.05.25
- Lanzhou - Zhangye - Jiayuguan - Dunhuang - Turpan - Urumqi - Khasgar
Plants-Enthusiastic Couple Indulged in Beauty of Yunnan
Elizabeth and her husband are gardening hobbyists. After a trip to China 2 years ago, this year they contacted us for a trip to appreciate the scenery in Yunnan. They were very happy to see the natural gardens on this beautiful land.
- Elizabeth (UK)
- (13 Days) 2019.05.05~2019.05.17
- Hong Kong - Kunming - Yuanyang - Jianshui - Dali - Lijiang - Shangri-La - Kunming - Hong Kong
Nature and Culture in Vast China, More than Beautiful
Our visit to China was very successful, thanks to China discovery and Rita Jiang. She made a wonderful itinerary and arranged everything, what to see, car and English speaking guide. The tour would never have been the same without China discovery and Rita Jiang.
- Mr.Rune (Norway)
- (13 Days) 2017.06.24~2017.07.01
- Shanghai - Guilin/Yangshuo - Chengdu - Xian - Beijing
Hello, Poetic and Picturesque China
There were six of us travelling together. We used China Discovery to help us plan and visit Guilin, Yangshuo, Xian, Chengdu, Chongqing, Yangtze River Cruise and Shanghai. They arranged all our flights and train travel starting in Hong Kong and ending in Shanghai.
- Mr.Doug (Canada)
- (13 Days)2017.04.09 ~ 2017.04.21
- Hong Kong - Guilin - Xian - Chengdu - Yangtze - Shanghai
The Meaning of Travel - 1000 Years of Buddhist Art Visit
I chose China Discovery the Chengdu based travel agency through the Internet. Right from the initial show of interest, Stephanie Kuang interacted with me throughout. I was truly impressed by her quick responses, professionalism and guidance...
- Mr. Gautam Sen (India)
- (13 Days) 2017.04.10~2017.04.22
- Beijing - Lanzhou - Dunhuang - Xian - Guilin - Yangtze - Shanghai
Discover Wonderful China Landscape from East to West with Family & Friends
Steve, together with his family and friends had a 22-day holiday around China. They saw much of the natural wonders on this land and it was a trip beyond expectation.
- Steve (USA)
- (22 Days) 2019.10.08~2019.10.29
- Shanghai - Hangzhou - Zhangjiajie - Kunming - Lijiang - Shangri-La - Lhasa - Chengdu - Jiuzhaigou - Chengdu
Reach Roof of the World - Overland Tour from Tibet to Nepal
Marcin took a overland tour from Lhasa in Tibet to Katmandu in Nepal. On the way he met the majestic Potala Palace, stunning Mount Everest, amazing Karola Glacier, holy Mount Kailash... It was a trip full of cultural and natural wonders.
- Marcin (USA)
- (12 Days) 2018.10.02~2018.10.13
- Lhasa - Shigatse - the Everest - Saga - Darchen - Dirapuk - Zutulpuk - Darchen - Gyirong - Katmandu
Vacation of Father & Son - Enjoyous Memory by China Discovery
I took to the Internet to see what was available, and found China Discovery (based in Chengdu). We really enjoyed the whole tour, the guides, the drivers and most of all Vivien, who worked very hard to make our trip a success and enjoyable.
- Steven (Australia)
- (12 Days) 2017.04.05~2017.04.16
- Shanghai - Xian - Luoyang - Beijing
Travel Alone: 12-Day Tibet Adventure to Meet the Everest
Anthony reached the top of the world and visited several famous Tibetan monasteries in his Tibet trip. It was an amazing experience, not only for the unparalleled scenery but also for the total different lifestyle of the local people.
- Anthony (USA)
- (12 Days) 2019.12.13~2019.12.24
- Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Tingri - the Everest - Shigatse - Lhasa
12 Days in Yunnan - Retreat to the Serenity of Life
The China Yunnan landscape is spectacular. We enjoyed the dynamic Yunnan performance in Kunming which artfully encapsulated the beauty and colours of the various tribes in Yunnan.
- Pang (Singapore)
- (12 Days) 2018.02.25~2018.03.08
- Shenzhen - Kunming - Stone Forest - Yuanyang - Jianshui - Dali - Shangri-La - Lijiang - Kunming - Shenzhen
Happy Family Holiday in Poetic Southern China from Shanghai
Winnie's family of 4 including 2 teenagers had an awesome time during their private tour to southern China. They went to modern Shanghai, traveled gentle water town and ancient villages, hiked Yellow Mountain... All of them had a great time.
- Winnie (Canada)
- (11 Days) 2018.07.28~2018.08.07
- Shanghai - Suzhou - Hangzhou - Huangshan - Shanghai
Hiking in the Other Side of the World - Stunning Landscapes of Guilin
Santos and his brother had 6 unforgettable days exploring the golden sceneries in Guilin, including in-depth hiking at curving Longji Rice Terraces, cruising from Guilin down to Yangshuo, appreciating lovely countryside landscape, taste local food......
- Santos (Canada)
- (6 Days) 2018.09.18~2018.09.23
- Guilin - Longsheng - Yangshuo - Guilin
Enjoy Northern China Cultural Trip and Summer Cruise with Bestie
Sandee and her friend took a trip to Shaolin Temple in Dengfeng and ancient capital city Xian. Then they spent 4 leisure days on Yangtze river cruise. All these memories made up an unforgettable summer.
- Sandee (Canada)
- (6 Days) 2019.08.03 & 08.10~08.14
- Destinations: Zhengzhou, Dengfeng, Xian, Yangtze River Cruise from Chongqing to Yichang
Travel China with Family and Friends for 3 Consecutive Years
Mr. Ban's Group travel to China every year since 2017. Their travel path has now covered natural and cultural sites in a dozen of cities around China and their China trip will continue.
- Mr. Ban's Group (USA)
- (10-11 Days) 2017~2019
- Destinations: Chengdu, Xian, Luoyang, Zhangjiajie, Yunnan, Huangshan, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Suzhou, Shanghai
Cultural Immersion Trip in Ancient Capitals of China
William and his wife traveled to Huangshan and Zhangjiajie with us in 2017. This time they laid more emphasis on culture and history, so hey went to several ancient capitals of China and the hometown of Confucius.
- William (USA)
- (11 Days) 2018.03.22~2018.04.01
- Beijing - Taiyuan - Pingyao - Xian/Luoyang - Dengfeng - Zhengzhou - Kaifeng - Qufu - Mount Tai - Beijing
A Dream to China’s Golden Triangle Cities
Three adults, extended family members, traveled to China for sight-seeing and to visit children studying and working in Suzhou.Wonder at China Discovery was terrific. An itinerary was suggested to us (at a reasonable rate) and then modified according to feedback...
- Mr. Juan (USA)
- (11 Days) 2017.09.07~2017.09.17
- Beijing - Xian - Hangzhou - Suzhou - Shanghai
Sweet Family's Vacation to Oriental China
Wendy customized this tour for my family trip! We saw beautiful natural scenery, magnificent historical buildings and sites, first-tier cities with modern elements... I wish I could list them all. We completely embraced the experience and hope more people take the opportunity to China.
- Jennifer (USA)
- (11 Days) 2019.08.06~2019.08.16
- Beijing - Xian - Zhangjiajie - Shanghai
Far from the Madding Crowd
We had an opportunity to make an impromptu visit to China with only two weeks to plan a tour. We decided it was a great time to check off some places on our bucket list - Huangshan (Yellow Mountain) and Zhangjiajie. The benefits of using a good, private tour coordinator include peace of mind, safety...
- William W (USA)
- (11 Days) 2017.04.19~2017.04.29
- Zhangjiajie - Fenghuang - Huangshan
"Mom & Daughter" China Holiday with Panda and Disney Fun
Georgia and her 6-year-old daughter had a wonderful 10-day China trip and enjoyed their joyful and memorable "Mother & Daughter" time from the magnificent Beijing Great Wall, amazing Xian Terracotta Warriors, to adorable pandas in Chengdu and the kids dreaming Shanghai Disney Park...
- Georgia (Britain)
- (10 Days) 2018.3.24~2018.4.2
- Beijing - Xian - Chengdu - Shanghai
Senior and Youth, Happy of Family Travel Never Ends
Thanks China Discovery for organizing our wonderful and enjoyable family trip around China. The tailor-made tour with excellent service, expertise and knowledgeable guides and considerate assistance made us extremely happy. We received very good value when comparing our unique tour...
- Mr. Philip (British)
- (10 Days) 2017.11.09~2017.11.20
- Beijing - Chengdu - Zhangjiajie - Shanghai
Return to Miraculous Nature
We (a couple of U.S. residence) planned to travel to China. Since I was interested in landscape painting, we choose four well-known places (Great Wall, Guilin, Zhangjiajie, and Yellow Mountain) to visit through Beijing and Shanghai. With a tight schedule, we arranged a private tour...
- Mr.Kyoung (USA)
- (9 Days) 2017.05.12~2017.05.20
- Beijing - Guilin - Zhangjiajie - Huangshan - Shanghai
Family Date with Kung Fu Panda and Frozen
My family had a fantastic time in Chengdu & Xian tours organized by China Discovery. Professiional and responsive Wing (my travel consultant) and funny and knowledgeable tour guides made the tour a lot more interesting. Our volunteer experience at Dujiangyan Panda Base was a highlight...
- Mr. Kelvin (Australia)
- (9 Days) 2017.12.15 ~ 2017.12.23
- Chengdu - Xian
Delightful Family Time with Winter Sunshine in Dreamland Yunnan
We had a great time on our Yunnan trip. We feel amazingly privileged to have been able to spend these few days in Yunnan Province. The natural heritage of the region is stunning and includes both the wildlife and the landscape.It is fantastic to see a completely different side of China.
- David (UK)
- (8 Days) 2019.01.05 ~ 2019.01.12
- Beijing - Kunming - Dali - Lijiang - Shangri-La - Beijing
Unique Wedding Anniversary Trip beyond Expectation
My wife and I had our first China travel to celebrate our wedding anniversary and my birthday. The whole journey was wonderful and unforgettable. We were grateful for all the patience, support and helpful infos and services provided before and during our trip.…
- Mr. Nomel (Philippines)
- (8 Days) 2017.11.12 ~ 2017.11.19
- Beijing - Guilin - Zhangjiajie
What Can I Do When I Lost Ipad
Everything about our tour was fabulous. Lovely accommodations, great meals, friendly and informative guides and a great itinerary. I unluckily lost my iPad at Shanghai Hongqiao Airport. Due to the flight delays because of the weather, we did not have the time we expected in Shanghai to organize a driver for the iPad...
- Clare (Australia)
- (8 Days) 2017.06.24~2017.07.01
- Beijing - Xian - Shanghai
Delightful Trip to Poetic Jiangnan
It was our first time travelling with China Discovery, and we must say our tour of Hangzhou and Huangshan from 12-19 September 2017 was most enjoyable. For ease of discussion, we have divided our tour into three parts – Hangzhou 12-15, Huangshan 15-18, Hangzhou 18-19 - because the guides were different for each leg.
- CS (Singapore)
- (8 Days) 2017.09.12~2017.09.19
- Hangzhou - Huangshan
A Perfect Zhangjiajie Trip - Travel Again with China Discovery
This is the second time Alan has chosen to travel with us. This time he took a short trip to Zhangjiajie with his girlfriend. In 5 days, they have seen all the sites that they wanted to see such as Tianmen Mountain, Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, and Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge. Everything went seamlessly.
- Alan (USA)
- (5 Days) 2019.06.10~2019.06.14
- Hangzhou - Zhangjiajie - Beijing
A Trip to Realize a Dream
A dream comes true! We loved every minute of it. Wonderful experience. We started our cruise in Yichang (about 1000 km from Shanghai), sailing upstream- recommended way to go at this time of the year. We sailed with the Century Legend. Warmly recommended, also because of its fabulous staff...
- Miss Tanja S (Nederland)
- (5 Days) 2018.03.20~2017.03.2
- Yichang - Chongqing
Wander in the Living Landscape Gallery
Travlled as a mixed family in very well organized tour, we appreciated the occasionally help (translating) of the servants in the restaurant. The cabins were in good condition and quite spacy and the room-service was excellent, always clean and fresh. We enjoyed the self-service buffet...
- Mr. Rolf (German)
- (4 Days) 2017.05.02~2017.05.05
- Chongqing - Yangtze River - Yichang
The Meaning of Travel - Song of Three Gorges
After the visit to the Three Gorges Museum, we headed for the jetty from where the cruise ship was moored. As we got down, I took the help of a porter to carry my luggage to the ship. The ship was far down and with the help of Diana, my local guide from China Discovery, I descended the stairs...
- Mr. Gautam Sen (India)
- (4 Days) 2017.04.18~2017.04.21
- Chongqing - Yichang
The Meaning of Travel - Traveling in a Chinese Scroll Painting
Originating from Mao'er Shan in Xing'an County, the Li River flows south for about 437 km before meeting the Xi River at Wuzhou. On the way it passes through a stretch of 83 kilometres between Guilin City and Yangshuo County.
- Mr. Gautam Sen (India)
- (13 Days) 2017.04.10~2017.04.22
- Beijing - Lanzhou - Dunhuang - Xian - Guilin - Yangtze - Shanghai
Join in Our Community
View some amazing pictures shared by our customers to get inspired for your coming China trip. Or, you can share awesome photos here with lots of travelers.>> Check Our Past Customers' Photos >> Share YOUR China Travel Photos
Share your brilliant experience by writing reviews or travelogues about the tour itineraries, attractions, tour guides, drivers, cars, hotels, food, Chinese people…>> Read Our Customers' Travel Experience >> Share YOUR China Travel Experience
Social media is interesting, funny and living. It is a bridge connecting you and us closely. We appreciate you become our fans and your “Like” every time.