- Reviewed on November 12, 2023
Sorry for the delay. Here's my feedback :
I contacted China Discovery when my sister and I decided to visit Guizhou. It was just before China's golden week and it was a rush to get our itinerary finalized as our tour would start immediately after the golden week holidays. The good thing was that Jack Li, the Travel Consultant at China Discovery contacted me promptly and we got everything finalized in record time! Jack was very knowledgeable about the region and gave me excellent advice. This resulted in the inclusion of Guilin in our itinerary. Throughout the planning process Jack was very responsive, patient and professional in his interactions with me. He responded quickly to text messages and was very helpful when I ran into a little problem when making the payment. Overall I give full marks to Jack and China Discovery for making our very first visit to Guizhou and Guilin a memorable experience. I would definitely use China Discovery again!
- Reviewed on November 7, 2023
at last here are some remarks on our another remarkable trip with you. We were very lucky and had wonderful weather throughout the trip.
At Fanjingshan I reached the Mushroom Stone and the monastery on the two peaks on a lovely day with excellent views. It gets foggy fast and I can only recommend to start as early as possible, also to beat the crowds.
It might be a good idea to stay closer to the park itself. On our way back we stopped at a pretty village with nice guest houses. The Holiday Inn in Tongren was a very noisy place with groups bumping doors and smoking happily throughout the place. On our arrival the guide showed us the new “old town centre” of Tongren which was very interesting.
We liked Fenghuang Gu Cheng a lot. Unfortunately in the evening it changes into an assembly of karaoke bars quickly and leaves quite a different impression, we did not find a quiet spot.
At Zhangjiajie we enjoyed the first day in the southern part of the park a lot. There were not so many people around and it was a pleasant hike in the valley and up on the top. The second day with the more famous rocks is more like a 2 ½ hours bus trip interrupted by site-hopping with lots of people and time lost in queues waiting for the next bus. The Pullman hotel was very good. It takes some time to get an idea on the location of the park(s) and I only got a decent map on our departure.
At Guilin and Yangshuo hotels they gave us quiet rooms and the service was good. The Li Jiang cruise is a fantastic experience. As the weather was very good we decided not to visit the cave. We could easily have stayed a day or two more in Guilin or Yangshuo but as were on a tight schedule it was just right.
All in all at least 9,5 out of ten ;-), you did very well at very short notice.
- Reviewed on October 30, 2023
Yes Overall we all had a lovely holiday. Hope to do some other parts of China some time soon.
- Reviewed on July 14, 2023
Hong Kong (China)
- Reviewed on June 20, 2023
Yes, we arrived home this evening. We had a great time in Guizhou. Thanks for your help in organising this trip. In general, everything is kind of within our expectation.
- Reviewed on May 5, 2023
The Guizhou trip was very nice! Guide and driver very helpful and skilled; The places we visited in general are very nice too!
As you had anticipated, Xijiang was pretty crowded during May Day holiday. We could not get near the village with the car, as all the Parking lots were full
So we had to park the car in Leishan and take a bus to get to the Parking lots …and from there to the village by another bus and shuttle, To take that final shuttle, it was really crowded But we managed and had a great time the next morning really early (6:30AM) to stroll through the empty village
There were a lot of people in all the places, but except Xijiang it was really at an acceptable level Actually Zhanli was pretty empty…
The least interesting visit was Qingyan Ancient Town. Actually most of the area is like a tourist area with the typical stores you see in all Ancient Towns; Yes, Qingyan was not so nice, actually the building mentioned in te program> Christian church, catholic church and house of number one scholar were all closed, So, not really much to see, besides a small exposition about Tang Dynasty
The Huangguoshu Waterfall area was very nice, not too many people there. Only the way to the path behind the Waterfall was pretty full, But acceptable…
So all-in-all a very nice experience.
- Reviewed on January 4, 2022
We felt very comfortable during the whole tour which was very well organized!
Thank you for taking care of us so well during our holiday and for reacting so quickly to our situation this help us a lot!
We are very happy that you are accommodating us with the costs. It has been a nice holiday despite illnesses! Thank you for the excellent support!
- Reviewed on December 10, 2021
We had a nice time in Guizhou. Everything went out well.
- Reviewed on September 24, 2021
The driver was great. On time and very helpful. He also had good local knowledge as I had some time before going to the airport so we stopped at two local sigthseeing destinations. All in all, I am very happy with the arrangement
- Reviewed on December 30, 2020
Both the driver and guide were perfect. would recommend them. the villages were really nice especially Dali. hotel were nice. however the itinerary could have been a bit less touristic and more authentic. trip was good but would have been even better if more adventurous (sleeping in remote villages for example). thanks for asking. have a great day
- Reviewed on December 30, 2020
Yes it was very nice. Both driver and guide were very nice and helpful
- Reviewed on December 12, 2019
I agree to allow my answers and comments below regarding our China travels arranged by our Tour Operator Ms Riley Guo be put on your website.
1.Did your travel consultant of our company quickly reply to your E-mails and were they patient enough to answer your questions?
- Yes, Ms Riley Guo assisted me in planning our entire tour from beginning to end (from Kunming to Beijing) months before our trip, patiently guided me through every aspect of our journey making good suggestions and provided alternates.
- She always replied to my email inquiries promptly, answering all questions I had for her. She is extremely patient and courteous throughout the "developmental" stages of our planning.
2.Do you have any comments concerning your tour arrangements?
- The tour arrangements were exactly as planned, with the only exception when we encountered a problem where the original plan had to be modified, see answers to Q 4 below. The Tour Operator handled our problem in a timely fashion to our great satisfaction, in face above my expectations. When we encountered other minor problems during our tour, we received prompt attention and assistance from Ms. Guo promptly via WeChat and phone calls, often outside of regular office hours.
3.Are you willing to recommend our service to anyone who also may have an interest to visit China?
- Definitely "Yes". I have no hesitation of recommending your services to anyone interested.
4.What is your general opinion of us?
My opinion regarding:
- Advice and guidance provided in planning stage: Excellent!
- Ms Riley Guo our Tour Operator: Very knowledgeable, paid attention to details.
- Cost: I found your cost very reasonable and easily affordable.
- Efficiency: You run an efficient operation.
- Accuracy: Ms. Guo's suggestions and plans were accurate.
- Honesty: My travel team and I are particularly impressed by the honesty and integrity of your approach to business and in treating your customers when problems do arise. I will cite the following Two Examples:
(1) When Ms Guo made a minor error in our planning, she offered to take $100USD off from our final fees. When I found out that the fee reduction would come out of her commission I was so impressed with her honesty I declined to accept the fee reduction. I would suspect many operators would not even inform the client of such errors.
(2) You were not able to book the high speed train ride for us from Yichang to Beijing after the Yangtze River Cruise. Instead your company put us on a flight for that, and you arranged for a guided day tour of Yichang while waiting for flight time at NO EXTRA costs to us. It was a surprise and pleasant tour.
5.Do you have any suggestions on improving our services?
- I think you are already proving a reliable and trustworthy service to your clients as experienced by me and my travel companions.
- The fact that Ms Guo has such a superb command of written English would no doubt be an invaluable asset to your company in helping non-Chinese speaking clients from overseas who want to explore China.
- Reviewed on October 3, 2019
Our group of four would like to thank you for the fascinating Sichuan and Guizhou trip arrangements. The weather was good during this time of the year. The guides and drivers were all very professional. We especially like Mr Billy 張 of Guizhou. He was very dedicated to his job and so knowledgeable. The driver 王師傅was very nice too. Hotels were satisfactory considering the cost and environment. Will consider to pay more to upgrade accommodations in the future.
You will hear from us pretty soon regarding future travel plans in China.
Thanks again for your wonderful service and sincerity!
- Reviewed on August 28, 2019
We had a wonderful experience with our tour guide Vikki and Driver, Mr. Wu. She was very knowledgeable, professional and personable. She took us to some great restaurants and we enjoyed the cuisine of China in a most delightful way. She was considerate with allowing us time to engage with all aspects of of our interests, and we loved that she was not taking us to just shop!
Mr. Wu made us feel comfortable and safe in his vehicle, he was courteous to open doors and cooled the car down after long stays in the sun.
It is very difficult to say what was our best trip, we loved so much about it.
On the last day we visited a tea house in the village with the walls. It was nestled in the midst of the village and Vikki summed our trip up while we were there, giving us historical perspective and cultural perspectives of our sites. In reminiscing about the trip I would have to say my favorite thing was the “short-skirt” Miao were most hospitable and their food was very good, but truly every aspect of our visit was a delight. We hope to visit again to “Discover China” we really feel like we went beyond the tourists scene to really get a glimpse into the beauty and wonder of China.
Thank you very much!
Amazing Travel Stories from Our Customers
Our dear customers have shared many travel stories, feelings and stunning pictures after finishing their trips with us. They are glad to share everything with you and you are warmly welcomed to read their photo stories. Or, you can click 2012-2023 Customer Travel Stories" for more stuning stories. Get inspired now!
Returning Hometown to Regain Adopted Daughter's Confidence
Lawson's Family had an amazing family China tour with their two adopted daughters from China and touchingly helped their adopted ethnic little girl regain confidence.
- Lawson (UK)
- (19 Days) 2018.10.17~2018.11.04
- Shenzhen - Xiamen - Yongding - Guangzhou - Zhaoxing - Rongjiang - Congjiang - Yangshuo - Guilin - Chengdu - Hangzhou - Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai
“Only You” - Couple’s Resounding 69 Days Private China Journey
Elie & Marie has successfully enjoyed their wonderful and romantic 10 week couple's private vacation and experienced a lot of interesting things in 32 destinations around vast China!
- Elie (Belgium)
- (69 Days) 2019.09.04~2019.11.11
- Beijing - Hohhot - Datong - Pingyao - Luoyang - Xian - Jiayuguan ...... Chengdu - Yangtze - Zhangjiajie - Yunnan - Guilin - Xiamen - Hangzhou - Shanghai
North American English Teachers’ China Trips to Visit Their Students off Internet
We customized three big group China trips for tens of VIPKid English teachers and their family members to visit Xian, Shanghai, etc. from Beijing and meet their students off Internet in China in 2019!
- VIPKid Teachers (USA/Canada)
- (9-21 Days) 2019
- Beijing - Xian - Shanghai - ...... - Beijing
More City Reviews from Our Customers
- All Beijing Travel Reviews
- All Xian Travel Reviews
- All Shanghai Travel Reviews
- All Guilin Travel Reviews
- All Chengdu Travel Reviews
- All Zhangjiajie Travel Reviews
- All Yunnan Travel Reviews
- All Huangshan Travel Reviews
- All Yangtze River Travel Reviews
- All Guangzhou Travel Reviews
- All Hangzhou Travel Reviews
- All Xiamen Travel Reviews
- All Tibet Travel Reviews
- All Gansu Travel Reviews
- All Henan Travel Reviews
- All Suzhou Travel Reviews
- All Guangzhou Travel Reviews
- All Harbin Travel Reviews
- All Hong Kong Travel Reviews
- All Wudangshan Travel Reviews
- All Shanxi Travel Reviews
- All Chongqing Travel Reviews
- All Great Wall Tours Reviews
- All Giant Panda Tours Reviews
- All Silk Road Travel Reviews
- All Nature Tours Reviews
- All Family Travel Reviews
- All Hiking Tours Reviews
- All 2020 Reviews
- All 2019 Reviews
- All 2018 Reviews