- Reviewed on November 15, 2023
Please see my comments below.
1. Yes, the travel consultant was very fast in answering my email and very clear in his explanation.
2. The service of both tour guides in Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou was excellent, very impressed with the quality of the tour guides provided by your company.
3. Yes, will definitely recommend your company but pricing is a little on the high side given the quality of hotels provided.
- Reviewed on November 11, 2023
Feedback as follow:
Yes, Wing Zeng is an asset to your company
All ran well in spite of the cold weather. Credit to the 师父， 小顾 he made us feel safe even to doze off while in his care
Yes, willing to recommend.
- Reviewed on November 2, 2023
thanks for all the excellent organization. My father had a wonderful time.
- Reviewed on October 30, 2023
Yes Overall we all had a lovely holiday. Hope to do some other parts of China some time soon.
- Reviewed on October 31, 2023
Yes we enjoyed the tour. Langmusi and Ruoergai were pleasant surprises as they are not very well known to tourists outside China, even if they are ethnic Chinese.
My main comments on the arrangements are:
1. The driver was very skilful and thoughtful (even though the airport pickup was late, I suppose that was a miscommunication). You may have heard that at the last moment, Sichuan Air cancelled our flight from Jiuzhaigou to Chengdu. The driver was willing to drive us back to Chengdu and the price he charged was reasonable, especially since he had to drive back to Jiuzhaigou without any passengers.
2. I was hoping, however, that the car provided for the trip would be a bit bigger and more comfortable. My brother and I are used to travelling in SUVs whenever we go on private tours in China. But again, the driver was very good, and I suppose the car he had would have been his taxi.
3. The guide, Jerry, was okay. He likes to eat a lot! I think sometimes he is also a bit more concerned about taking routes that are less crowded. Maybe this works for some tourists but for my brother and I, we are photographers and videographers first and foremost. So getting the right pictures and videos may sometimes require us to take the more crowded route. We also need to pay attention to the lighting (顺光) because if the lighting is not suitable, the photos and videos just won't turn out that good.
You can see the videos I took here, they are all from drones: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/sichuan-from-the-sky-jiuzhaigou-huanglong-langmusi-ruoergai-waqie-huahu-huanghe
:: eternal sunshine of the dogbert and seamonkey
- Reviewed on October 16, 2023
Feedback as follows
(1) Is your travel consultant of our company fast enough to answer your E-mail and patient enough to answer your questions? Ans : Yes, she is.
(2) How do you comment your tour arrangements?
Ans : it's nice. The guide is accompany us all the time. He pays attention us in everything. He try to explain the place where is important place, makes us more understanding.
(3) Are you willing to recommend our service to your people who also have an interest to visit China?
Ans : of course, I will recommend your service to my friends. Most of us would like to visit China.
(4) Your general opinion on us?
Ans : try to service the best for us. We are appreciated. Quick and easy to communicated.
(5) Do you have any suggestions on improving our services?
Ans : No any improving your service. We are appreciated.
(6) Can we use your comments of our service, the photos or other images that you took on the tour for our websites, brochures, marketing and publicity? If yes, could you please send us some of your photos by E-mail?
Ans : Yes, you can use our comments for your service and some my photos.
(7) We sometimes have requests from potential customers who would like to inquire from or our ex-customers. May they contact you for advices? Ans : No, my communication is not good enough to talk with another person.
(8) If you come to China again, would you like to use our service again?
Ans : Yes, of course. I love to use you service.
- Reviewed on October 8, 2023
Hope you had a great Golden Week. Here's my feedback for my trip.
1) You always answer fast and patiently.
2) The arrangements are very good within expectations.
3) Yes, I'm willing to recommend.
4) I have a very positive on you. Consultant is readily contactable when needed. Guides are very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Accommodation and transport is handled by the consultant and guides, so the tour is pretty much hassle-free.
5) One suggestion for inprovement. The tour agent's contact info is sometimes not provided in advance (e.g. Chongqing). Would be good if agent's contact is provided a few hours in advance so that we can coordinate with the guide.
- Reviewed on September 17, 2023
we had a great time in 九寨. Mary is one of the best guides we’ve had in China…we could see her passion for people!
- Reviewed on August 30, 2023
Thank you for making all the arrangements for my family! We all had a wonderful time exploring Sichuan. All the guides are very professional and helpful, and the drivers are all very safe.
- Reviewed on June 17, 2023
Overall, this tour was good. Among the guides, Kevin was excellent and Lijiang guide was very good.
Beijing guide was very helpful and helped a lot at the airport too. Overall, I would rate him good
- Reviewed on April 28, 2023
it has been a wonderful trip, your guides were excellent!
Will recommend to our friends and family.
- Reviewed on April 29, 2023
Good evening Wonder,
The tour was better than expected. Although the drive was pretty long, but Jason and the driver were very helpful and took care of us throughout the entire trip. Thanks
- Reviewed on July 13, 2022
Thank you for arranging our trip. We had an amazing vacation. The guides were very professional and incredibly kind and available.
- Reviewed on July 1, 2021
Dear Rita, thanks for your update. The driver will do the transportation from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the airport again. Am I correct? Today was a beautiful day in Jiuzhaigou. I hope that tomorrow we will have one more time luck with the weather.
- Reviewed on September 14, 2020
How are you? Hope you are well. You organised a very nice trip for me to Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou way back in 2014.
You requested a review from me but I loaded to the wrong website. I came across the review today unexpectedly in my computer system and I would like to send it to you, to be used by your website. This is because I was very pleased by the trip that you organised for me. I was a lone female traveler but I still remember the lovely tour guides you found for me, especially the one at Chengdu.
I truly had a wonderful holiday and great memories.
I am now back in the UK. I certainly will use your tour service again if I ever travel to China the next time.
Take care in the pandemic.
( Dr Yih Siang CHEN)
I went on a 6 days / 5 nights private tour to Chengdu / Jiuzhaigou in
October 2014.I spent 2 days in Chengdu and the rest in Jiuzhaigou valley.
Since it was my first trip to China and I was a single female traveller, understandably, I was initially apprehensive before the tour. However, all my initial reservations disappeared once my tour began. I have decided to go on a private tour because I could not find a group tour which can come up with the itinery that I wanted.
From the onset, it was a pleasure to deal with Wonder. He made me a detailed itinery, specific to my wishes , down to the hotels that I preferred. I must say that he has honoured and stuck to our contract throughout my tour. He also phoned my tour guides on a daily basis just to make sure the itinery went on as planned and to make sure that I was ok.He was contactable at all times and any problems were sorted out very quickly and efficiently. He was also very accommodating and was willing to make changes in my itinery at very short notice whenever possible.I have found him to be reliable and trustworthy.
The tour guides were all very professional and knowledgeable. I was very happy with them.They spoke fluent English and were very knowledgeable about the places that we visited. They took care of everything, from meeting me at the airport, check- in into hotels, arranging for meals, transport, tickets for shows and checking in for my return flights. I was impressed that they would go out of their way to make my tour comfortable, hassle free and really tried to give me a memorable hoilday. They were prepared to work till late evenings. As a matter of fact, they would wait for me while I watched some shows in the evenings and one of them was even so kind to buy me an adaptor which I had lost in a hotel.
In Chengdu, I visited the Panda Research Centre, Jinli Street,Sichuan Museum and a silk factory at my request. i was not obliged to visit any factories throughout my tour.
Then, I flew on to Jiuzhai Valley and had another 3 days of private tours; 1 day in Huanglong Park and 2 full days in Jiuzhai National Park.I was glad that I flew return to the valley because the roads up there are really winding and being prone to travel sickness , it would have been a disaster for me to be sick.
I was met by another tour guide there. I am really glad that I took a private tour because I had my personal tour guide who walked with me at my pace throughout the Jiuzhai National park. She knew all the scenic spots and pathways by heart and made sure that I did not miss any important spots.Because she knew all the places so well, we could cover most of the scenic spots on foot in detail.She would walk with me and explain every lake, waterfall and other spots. She explained in detail all about the history, myths, customs and religion of the tribes there. It was an eye opener for me.I am sure I would not be getting all these explanation if I had gone in a group tour.Most group tours tend to be rushed but I was not rushed at all. I had ample time to take all the photos that I wanted , time to have meals and some shopping for souveniers and even short rests at beautiful spots where I could linger and just soak up the magnificent natural beauty.
Jiuzhai Valley is an extraordinary , beautiful park. It is my personal opinion that 2 full days are required to do the park justice. It is difficult to rush through the scenic spots in a day especially when there are massive crowds and queues everywhere.It was worth it to pay the hefty entrance fee for 2 days. Because I had 2 full days, I could do a hike with my guide who accompanied me throughout the trails to the 3 major valleys. I came away feeling satisfied and had lots of marvellous photos to show.
I was especially pleased that on one occasion, my tour guide took me through a small path , away from the tourist crowds. We walked at our pace and saw some smaller lovely waterfalls and lakes. I did not have to jostle with the typical crowds and could take my time to take some truly picturesque photos and videos. I am convinced that if I had joined a group tour , I would not have been able to see and explore the national park as much as I did.
My advice to travellers is to go on some fitness training before the tour. You have to be prepared to do a lot of walking for this is the best way to see the best views. Taking the bus to just the best scenic spots would be cheating and would not do the park justice.The only downside of the trip was the crowds. Be prepared for massive crowds, they can get unruly at times, especially when it rains, so do bring a raincoat or umbrella.Also be prepared for the less than ideal toilet facilities. Bring lots of tissues as handwash and tissues are not provided.
Due to my excellent and friendly tour guides and Wonder's meticulous planning, I had a fabulous holiday and a great time in China. I would highly recommend Wonder Wang and his tour agency to all my friends and family. If I return to China, I would certainly go through Wonder and his agency again. So, a big thank you to Wonder and all my lovely tour guides for making my holiday a truly memorable one!
Dr YS CHEN-PELFRENE
- Reviewed on January 3, 2020
We just arrived in Manila. Thank you again for sending us a gift. We really appreciate it. Also, thank you for organizing our wonderful trip. This trip is one of our unforgettable and great trips. Will surely recommend you and will surely book another trip with you. Martin and Mary is very insightful and detailed in every area where we head to. They really know what to share with us. Hotels and Foods are all fit with us. Our tummies and body were happy. haha! Also the roadtrip was smooth. But the van in Chengdu gives me a little headache due to the smell of smoke inside the car quite strong. But everything is OK. Thank You again.
- Reviewed on December 27, 2019
Thanks for your email! We had a nice time at the panda enclosure.
Our guide’s service was good at jiuzhaigou and huanglong though we did expected more walking at jiuzhaigou instead of taking the bus on and off all the time. Tickets could be bought beforehand as well at jiuzhaigou so less waiting? But apart from that, everything was smooth sailing. Thanks!
- Reviewed on December 25, 2019
Thank you and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.
Thanks again forour smooth running of our tour. And your dedicated and responsible staff like Ruby, tour guide liu and driver luo...
Also we are impressed by Emei mountain resort.
- Reviewed on November 1, 2019
Superlative team and organization
Review of China Discovery
Our group of 7 toured 3 weeks across China from Shanghai to Tibet. It was to be the trip of a lifetime, and it was. In my due process to search for the best itinerary and TA for us, I found Leo Li of China Discovery. Compared to other top in-China TAs, CD and Leo Li gave me everything I wanted including the best price for the desired itinerary. None of us were strangers to China. I was born there and had been there 5 times since, while the others had toured the capital cities but never the remote regions of Hunan, Sichuan, Yunnan, and Tibet.
We were always prompted met with a guide as soon as we left the airport security area; we were transported in clean mini-vans with plenty of bottled water. It was always door-to-door everytime. We would be dropped off at one end and after the tour, the mini-van would be waiting for us at the other end -- no backtracking. Nothing was ever stolen or missing in the secured vans. The many guides we met were always courteous and spoke varying degrees of fluency but always well-informed. One even held my wife's hand as she walked slowly on icy pathways in Huanglong National Park.
Their pricing was reasonable -- better than if I booked myself. We stayed in not only elegant country inns, but also at Pullman, Sofitel, Shangri-la, and Grand Hyatt.
I have nothing but praise for Leo and his team. He is easily accessible 24/7. That is really necessary in China. His English is flawless, his personality infectious. We met him in Chengdu. Ask for Leo Li.
Date of experience: October 2019
- Reviewed on October 29, 2019
Just reached home this morning. Yes, we do have excellent vacation with a good guide and excellent driver. Billy is a good and helpful guide, he took care of us all the time and make sure we enjoy the trip. The driver is very skillful in driving because he is local from Jiuzhaigou .
Thanks for everything and let us have a good memorial time in Huang long and Jiuzhaigou .
By the way do you handle Muslim trip to Jiuzhaigou ?
Thanks and regards
- Reviewed on October 28, 2019
Yes, it’s was cold but after seeing Jiuzhaigou the lifetime experience is definitely worth it! Maybe we are just lucky in that day of visit rather than the snowing day just the day before at Huanglong.
Jason is a great guide.
Lifetime Experience in Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong
Vilma and Henri
- Reviewed on June 10, 2019
Thank you so much for organising our tour in China. The tourists destinations, tour guides and drivers as well as the hotels your company organised for us were very very good and comfortable. We enjoyed all the places we had been and it exceeded our expectations.
There were only two hotels we stayed (Zhangjiajie and Aba Songpan) that did not really cater well for breakfast during our stay. However the overall experienced we had were all valuable ones.
Lijiang Show was spectacular and was the highlight of the optional shows.
Driving from Songpan to Chengdu throughout the old road was an interesting journey, thanks to our very good driver.
Once again thank you for your professionalism, your prompt reply to our emails and making our stayed in China a memorable one and easy. We really felt that during our stay there we can easily access you together with our tour guides and drivers that were assigned to us we feel very much looked after, Thank you Jack and China Discovery Tours.
Mark & Rose
- Reviewed on October 8, 2015
The bus journey through the mountain valley was beautiful – we really enjoyed it.
As too was our visit to Jiuzhaigou valley as well as Juzhai forest parks.
We are home now and we had a great trip.
Thank you again for your help.
Mark and Rose
- Reviewed on June 8, 2015
First of all thanks for all the support we got in the past few months.
I am dropping this note just to let you know the trip to SiChuan was very nice, the hotels were great and the two guides did a wonderful job with us.
By the way, the guide Danny in JiuZhaiGou, he was one of the best guides I got in China! Please share this feedback with him and I do recommend you keep using his services for foreign people as his attitude is great. The same comments you can take for Melody our guide at ZhangJiaJie.
- Reviewed on May 7, 2015
thank you for organizing this trip for us. Overall we were very pleased with all elements of our vacation.
Here's what was great:
The food! Each province has such delicious local cuisine.
Huangshan, Mutianyu Great Wall, Jiuzhaigou, Yangtze River, Zhangjiajie, Li River and Longji Terraces were the highlights.
Momo, Shila, Waldner, and Alex were our favorite guides as all four had excellent English and great personalities. The 4 and 5 star hotels were nice and comfortable. The drivers/guides who would provide us with unlimited free bottles of water to drink each day.
Your helpfulness during the flight delays and cancellations was great appreciated. We'd certainly recommend your services to others. Looking forward to reviewing the thousands of photos we took and reliving our memories.
- Reviewed on April 10, 2015
Back to work in singapore, feel so tired. It was a great trip in sichuan last week. The scenery is fantastic and the guide is very accommodating. Was expecting jiuzhaigou to be very beautiful like what many singaporeans say but it was just alright and way too crowded and squeezy. In fact i felt that huang long and er mei shan was much nicer and peaceful as there are less people.
The hotels were great and our favorite is fraser suites whereby we slept very soundly. The guide is very nice and accompanied throughout our hike. The driver is a very cautious and good driver. It was a very pleasant experience as compared to my other private tour to xi'an and luoyang back in november.
Really appreciate the fact that you called to check on us when we were in Leshan. Your correspondence via email and call was great and recommendable. Really appreciate your help.
Amazing Travel Stories from Our Customers
Our dear customers have shared many travel stories, feelings and stunning pictures after finishing their trips with us. They are glad to share everything with you and you are warmly welcomed to read their photo stories. Or, you can click 2012-2023 Customer Travel Stories" for more stuning stories. Get inspired now!
Returning Hometown to Regain Adopted Daughter's Confidence
Lawson's Family had an amazing family China tour with their two adopted daughters from China and touchingly helped their adopted ethnic little girl regain confidence.
- Lawson (UK)
- (19 Days) 2018.10.17~2018.11.04
- Shenzhen - Xiamen - Yongding - Guangzhou - Zhaoxing - Rongjiang - Congjiang - Yangshuo - Guilin - Chengdu - Hangzhou - Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai
15 Days to Unveil the Mysterious Ancient Silk Road
Traveling to the Silk Road is like a dream come true. Monica had an unforgettable time discovering 9 cities from the modern Shanghai all the way northwest to Urumqi in Xinjiang.
- Monica (Spain)
- (15 Days) 2019.5.09~2019.5.23
- Shanghai - Xian - Pingyao - Lanzhou - Zhangye - Jiayuguan - Dunhuang - Turpan - Urumqi - Shanghai
19 China Trips of Vijay’s People - Spreading around Family & Friends of Wonder’s Good Service
Vijay, his family and friends have enjoyed 19 trips to savore the nature, culture, history, etc. in many great places during 2014-2017 with the great suggestion and service from Wonder.
- Vijay (India)
- (3-10 Days) 2014-2017
- Destinations: Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Guilin, Zhangjiajie, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Xinjiang, Harbin...
More City Reviews from Our Customers
- All Beijing Travel Reviews
- All Xian Travel Reviews
- All Shanghai Travel Reviews
- All Guilin Travel Reviews
- All Chengdu Travel Reviews
- All Zhangjiajie Travel Reviews
- All Yunnan Travel Reviews
- All Huangshan Travel Reviews
- All Yangtze River Travel Reviews
- All Guangzhou Travel Reviews
- All Hangzhou Travel Reviews
- All Xiamen Travel Reviews
- All Tibet Travel Reviews
- All Gansu Travel Reviews
- All Henan Travel Reviews
- All Suzhou Travel Reviews
- All Guizhou Travel Reviews
- All Guangzhou Travel Reviews
- All Harbin Travel Reviews
- All Hong Kong Travel Reviews
- All Wudangshan Travel Reviews
- All Shanxi Travel Reviews
- All Chongqing Travel Reviews
- All Great Wall Tours Reviews
- All Giant Panda Tours Reviews
- All Silk Road Travel Reviews
- All Nature Tours Reviews
- All Family Travel Reviews
- All Hiking Tours Reviews
- All 2020 Reviews
- All 2019 Reviews
- All 2018 Reviews