Still deciding if a China Discovery is for you? Many of our travellers have experienced a lifetime changing trip and now more than happy to share their stories with you. Check out their memorable travel trip reviews and experiences in China.
Dear Ms. Stephanie Kuang,
yes, I enjoyed everything you organized for us. I was very happy with your service. So I have nothing to complain about. Everything was as it should be. So thank you very much.
1. Is your travel consultant of our company fast enough to answer your E-mail and patient enough to answer your questions? Excellent. She was the one who finally persuaded us to join the cruise.
2. How’s the service of the tour guides during your whole tour? wonderful. Excellent English, happy and helpful, kind and considerate, very knowledgeable about the area
3. Would you like to recommend our company? Totally. We have already given details to our friends
We had a great time during our tour of Beijing and Xi'an, after which we had a few days in Hong Kong. We have been back home for several days but had to catch up with work and family and also, with sleep.
Below is my evaluation and I'd be happy for you to share it on your website:
Our travel consultant, Stephanie Kuang, is a most responsive, accommodating consultant who answered each and every question - and request - very promptly. Nothing was too difficult for her: whether it's a request for a sudden change in our itinerary and our flights, and paperwork to support our visa applications. She put together an itinerary that was most suitable to our expectations and situation, given the short period that we had in China. Through her help, we had a tour that was seamless and thus, very enjoyable.
Our two tour guides (in Beijing and Xi'an) were knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and spoke very good English. They provided us with helpful tips that made our stay more comfortable, and pointed to other interesting places and things to do outside our structured tour. They also gave us valuable insight into Chinese culture and the Chinese people. Special acknowledgement goes to our Beijing guide who managed the complicated arrangement of our group: the flight of one of our group was much delayed, but our guide somehow managed to get her to join us just before the Forbidden City entry was closed.
I have no hesitation recommending China Discovery to anyone planning a tour anywhere in China.
When I was first researching tour companies, I chanced upon China Discovery and wanted to know more about it. I found a warning on Trip Advisor about China Discovery Tours. This must not be mistaken for China Discovery, which is based in Chengdu, China.
Thanks, Stephanie, for all your help. We had a great time!
Apologies for the late reply. Yes I would be more than happy to fill in the following form and feel free to use the photos and review on your website.
1. Is your travel consultant of our company fast enough to answer your E-mail and patient enough to answer your questions?
Yes, I found Catherine to be extremely helpful when getting information regarding the trip, booking and then subsequent follow up emails. She was always very courteous and professional when speaking with her. Numerous methods of payment were available to us and were free to choose the best option for us. Emails with details of the trip itinerary were provided well in advance and were clearly laid out.
2. How do you comment your tour arrangements?
The tour itself was a great mix of geography and history. Guizhou province is a great location if you want to be immersed in Chinese life. Guiyang city is a bustling vibrant city with many great sites, restaurants, bars and best of all the street food. Don't worry if you don't speak Mandarin and are afraid what to order, the people are so friendly and eager to help that pointing at what you want will get the job done! :)
The historical visits to ancient towns in Qingyan and Tianlong gave a great insight into the lives of the local people and how they are holding onto tradition.
The visit to the Dragon Palace cave and the Huanggoushu Waterfall are amazing. The features to be seen are once in a life time.
Our tour guide Mi was brilliant throughout the entire journey. Extremely knowledgeable regarding the geographical and historical aspects of the trip, as well as providing an insight into how the locals live and go about their daily lives. He was always on hand to help us order our lunch everyday and great to give a recommendation for street food in the evenings. On top of a friendly and professional nature, he made for an excellent tour guide. Coupled with the a safe and friendly driver, this trip was a brilliant experience.
3. Are you willing to recommend our service to your people who also have an interest to visit China? I would recommend this trip to anyone who has an interest in a mixture of geographical and historical China.
4. Can we use your comments of our service, the photos or other images that you took on the tour for our websites, brochures, marketing and publicity? If yes, could you please send us some of your photos by E-mail? Yes
Thanks very much Catherine for your help.
Good morning Catherine,
We are finally back in Australia and wadding through our E-mails.
Thank You so very much, for a magnificent Tour of China You have provided for us. My grandchildren had the time of their Lives.
Everything you organise, Catherine, went like clockwork. We got picked up by Your Tour Guides on Time every time. The Hotels you choose are very good, the food you provided was of a high standard. The flight were all good.
It was a terrifically well organised Tour of China, Catherine. The highlight was the day we all volunteered at the Panda Institute.
The Guides were fantastic. With special mention for Liza in Beijing, She went beyond what you normally expect from a competent Tour Guide. The drivers are all safe and competent drivers. The driver in Xian was the best. He never made me walk more than required. Top marks to him.
I would certainly recommend very highly, yourself, Catherine and your company, China Discovery. For an outstandingly organised Tour of China. I thank you for your patience with me and please use my Name and E-mail, for any advertising you wish to do. You have my highest recommendation
A very satisfied customer
I am happy to give the following feedback.
1. You provided us with excellent service right from the start of enquiry to booking to embarkation. Everything went smoothly based on your advice.
2. The cruise was great. It went well except for a minor hiccup with the dam tour.
In fact, we are thinking of another cruise end of the year. I heard there is one from Shanghai to S Korea and Japan. Is your company offering this too?
Thanks again for your prompt, helpful excellent service this trip.
We had a great trip. You and your guides looked after us extremely well. I will send photos and more comments when I am back in Australia. I will definitely recommend you and China Discovery to others.
Replies to Questions 1-4
1) Yes --your travel agent was very efficient .She helped us thru our Travel and Visa problems in the months before our trip and ensured Tibet Entry Permit was at our Chinese Hotel upon arrival.
---we had numerous emails on Tibet entry from Nepal or China, and she handled them well.
2) We were happy with our tour arrangements from Airport Pickup to Train arrival in Chengdu....our Hotels were excellent and our Guide and Driver were very efficient.
3) Yes---We would recommend your company to anyone wishing to visit China and its Territories.
4) Yes----you can use our comments
Thanks for your assistance and advice
Norm and Denise
Following are our most popular vacation packages which take you to visit featured destinations, experience authentic Chinese culture at lowest price. You can also contact our travel specialists to DIY a unique tour package for you.
Beijing / Xian / Shanghai
Beijing / Xian / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Shanghai
Shanghai / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chengdu / Lhasa / Xian / Beijing