Still deciding if a China Discovery is for you? Many of our travellers have experienced a lifetime changing trip and now more than happy to share their stories with you. Check out their memorable travel trip reviews and experiences in China.
We (a couple of U.S. residence) planned to travel to China. Since I was interested in landscape painting, we choose four well-known places (Great Wall, Guilin, Zhangjiajie, and Yellow Mountain) to visit through Beijing and Shanghai. With a tight schedule, we arranged a private tour through China Discovery rather than a group tour. It was a tight schedule with 8 nights and 9 days, but we made it, beyond our expectation, with the tour arranged by China Discovery.
Here are our comments on the tour:
1. Our travel consultant (Wonder Wang) was not only proficient in making the tour plan and schedule, but also responded promptly to our questions and needs through e-mail and phone calls. For example, disappointingly we missed our original planned flight to Beijing (our first stop) due to an unexpected passport problem encountered during the departing procedure at the airport. With Wonder’s prompt response to our problem, we were able to catch the next flight and accomplished our china tour as planned. It was a great relief, which could not have happened without his help.
2. The tour arrangement was well planned covering important aspect of the touring places with efficient transportation from one place to another. The hotels reserved for us were excellent. Their quality and services are as good as 5-star hotels in the United States.
3. Tour guides were on-time, kind, and flexible to our needs. They were knowledgeable about the place that they were guiding and fluent in English. We were very comfortable while touring the places.
4. We are very impressed with the service provided by China Discovery. China Discovery provides top quality touring services with a reasonable expense. We strongly recommend China Discovery to others who plan to visit China.
5. It was our first time to visit China, but we had some limited knowledge about China through news, magazine, and friends who had traveled China before. Based on the limited knowledge, we were a little concerned about our China trip. However, we changed our minds of China completely after our visit. China is safe, clean, and modernized. People are kind and look happy.
6. The convenient features prepared for the tourists are amazing. Cable cars, trams, and escalators to the top of mountains make it possible to reach the tourist spots in a short time with ease. It was relatively easy to walk around on trails in the mountains – every trail is paved leading to vista points, and there were no dirt trails. Some trails are built on the cliff for which many workers lost their life during the construction. We really appreciate their dedication and hard work. Without their sacrifice, it would be much more difficult to view these beautiful world famous sceneries.
7. We also experienced some problems in infrastructure in public place. Often times, domestic flights were delayed. Even in a big airport such as Xian, there were no directions posted in English, nor a guide for foreigners. That made it difficult for us to go to the next gate in time for the next destination. Because of these problems, we missed our flight from Xian to Zhangjiajie. These kinds of problems need to be corrected or improved.
8. Our experience and comments can be shared with others as a reference. I also attach several panoramic pictures taken during our tour, which can be used in your publication.
The following pictures were shared by Kyoung.
Picturesque Huangshan Mountain
Kyoung & Song enjoy Zhangjiajie tour
Featured Mountains in Zhangjiajie
The Most Excellent Landscape in Guilin
I have written the review and it is pending review by Trip Advisor. Thank you again for your help. You went above and beyond when dealing with us and we very much appreciate your help. Attached is a picture of Zach with my husband at the Leshan Giant Buddha. Enjoy.
Lynn and John
The following pictures were shared by Lynn.
Lynn and John visited Leshan Giant Buddha
It was interesting. They did not want me to take pictures of the work I did while I was working. When we hugged the panda, they did allow pictures. Here is one of them.
I will keep you in mind if there are more adventure needs.
The following pictures were shared by Mike.
Mike's Close Contact with Giant Panda
Yes the tour was really great and smooth sailing! We enjoyed ourselves very much. Everything was well taken care of. We visited other provinces but this tour is probably the highlight of our travels in China! :-)
Thanks for your wonderful assistance! :-)
We hope to join another tour again soon!
I had a great time and the arrangements you made were perfect. The cruise staff were absolutely amazing! They made me feel like royalty. Seeing that I was the only foreigner and the only English speaking guest on the boat, it made it a very interesting journey. Gracie, the river guide was incredibly kind and helpful. She took care of me and made sure I knew about everything. Thanks for a great trip!
Good morning Jack,
We have arrived home and can’t THANK YOU enough the trip you organized and planed for us, was the best ever. All 6 of us thank you, everything went to time and all the drivers and tour guides were terrific.
The vans that picked us up were clean and had good air conditioning. The tour guides spoke clear English and very helpful, they knew a lot about your country .
We could not fault a thing, it was a 10 out of 10 for all of us,the other 2 couples said that it was the best holiday they have done I agree.
We would be recommending you to all our family and friends.
I hope one day to come back with my children and grandchildren.
You have a beautiful country and lovely people.
They Yangzi River cruise was a high light and the ship was great I would recommend the Century Legend it was so quit and comfortable to travel on, we upgraded to the 6 floor[ dinning] and that was the best thing we did.
Thank you and hope to do business with you again one day.
Helen, Fay and Wally were all terrific tour guides and very helpful , would recommend them.
I am writing to let you know that both my husband and I enjoyed our trip to Zhangjiajie. We realized without the Zhangjiajie guide Linda who helped us to navigate the city of Zhangjiajie and has years of experience and expertise not only knowing the parks well, but the taste of the foreign visitors, it would be impossible for us to figure everything out on our own. She made our trip wonderful in limited days that we had. Pullman Hotel was a great accommodation for us and we did not expect that we could have such upscale hotel in Zhanjiajie.
Hsiaomei and Leonid
The following answers are to the questions in the evaluation form attached to your confirmation letter.
1. Yes. You are always fast enough to answer and patient enough to answer.
2. Our bus driver and Jessica our tour guide were excellent and all our group were very satisfied with the way they looked after us.
3. Yes. I will recommend your service
5. The second restaurant we had lunch at was not up to a standard that we would normally expect as the restaurant and kitchen looked very unclean to us.
6. Yes, you can use my comments.
7. No suggestions
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed the two days we spent in Shanghai.
Jessica was an excellent host and we had an excellent bus driver.
The information in the Confirmation letter was easy to follow and everything went as planned.
Bob & Trish Jones
Following are our most popular vacation packages which take you to visit featured destinations, experience authentic Chinese culture at lowest price. You can also contact our travel specialists to DIY a unique tour package for you.
Beijing / Xian / Shanghai
Beijing / Xian / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Shanghai
Shanghai / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chengdu / Lhasa / Xian / Beijing