How to Book Forbidden City (Palace Museum) Tickets from Official Website 2024
- Important notes, prices, how and when to book, step-by-step instruction, cancellation, visiting guide...
Securing sought-after and limited Forbidden City Beijing tickets was once a challenging and cumbersome task. But the good news is, to meet the diverse visiting needs of international tourists, the Forbidden City (also known as the Palace Museum) has recently implemented a new official ticketing system optimized for international visitors. Now you can efficiently book tickets on its website with only passport numbers and email accounts required.
Click the top right corner to switch to the English version, you will find helpful booking instructions and ticket inspection instructions, interactive calendar for date selection, and clearly listed ticket options. You can check latest available tickets, exhibitions, schedules, prices, order information, etc. and also we will update the latest news for you.Interface Layout
Important Notes Before Booking Forbidden City Tickets
◆ General Admission Tickets:
April 1st - October 31st (high season) CNY 60
November 1st - March 31st (low season) CNY 40
◆ Optional Tickets:
The Treasure Gallery CNY 10
The Gallery of Clocks CNY 10
①8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Opening time for admission: 8:30 ; Last admission: 15:30)
②The Forbidden City is closed on Mondays except for statutory holidays.
③Morning session: Check tickets by 12:00 (noon) ; Afternoon session: Ticket checks start at 11:00 am.
1. There is no third-party sales and tickets should be booked exclusively through the official website to avoid fraud.
2. The visitor limit maximum is 40,000 visitors per day and the Forbidden City does not sell same-day tickets. So register for your visit in advance.
3. Passport for booking & entry and real-name reservation are required for international visitors for security and identification purposes. And only one ticket can be reserved per visit per day with the same passport.
4. To enter the Forbidden City, visitors must bring the original valid passport used to book their tickets to the Meridian Gate (Wu men), the south gate of the Forbidden City, for check-in.
Access the Ticket System of Forbidden City & Sign Up
Visit Forbidden City ticketing website, switch to the English version, then click on the button of Sign in, enter your email address to get a verification code, finally use it to log into the system.
Forbidden City Ticket Booking - 6 Easy Steps
Click on the button of Book tickets to enter the booking process.
1. Select your visit date and choose the quantity of tickets
Choose your intended visit date from the calendar. Please book your tickets at least one day in advance, and you can book up to a maximum of 7 days in advance. Then choose the quantity of ticket type. (e.g. standard tickets, senior citizen discounts, etc. if applicable)Select Date
2. Enter visitor information
Enter visitor details, including first name & last name, country/region, and passport number. When booking online, you can book tickets for up to 5 people at a time. Just enter their passport numbers and corresponding information. When enter the tour site, provide the original passport of each individual.Enter Information
3. Select exhibitions
Based on general admission tickets selected, if you are interested, browse available galleries and exhibitions on display for the chosen date, and select what you wish to visit.
Here we highly recommend you visit The Gallery of Clocks and The Treasure Gallery where you will witness profound national treasures with greatly low costs. These galleries showcase not just physical cultural heritage but also bear witness to the exchange between Eastern and Western cultures and the depth of Chinese history. For international visitors with an interest in history, art, and culture, this undoubtedly promises to be an unforgettable journey of exploration.
The Gallery of Clocks (钟表馆)
The clocks displayed here, mainly crafted by European masters during the 18th and 19th centuries, are not just timekeeping devices but also work of art. They showcase the advanced European clock-making techniques of that era and the Chinese royal family's high regard for foreign craftsmanship. These clocks often combine precise mechanical structures with ornate decorative artistry. Some even feature complex functions like music boxes and automata, representing a perfect blend of technology and art.
The Treasure Gallery (珍宝馆)
It vividly reflects the luxury and artistic taste of ancient Chinese royalty. The exhibits include gold and silverware, exquisitely carved jade, sparkling jewels, and delicate embroidery, all epitomizing the essence of traditional Chinese craftsmanship. This gallery is a rare find for foreign visitors interested in different cultures and art history. The collection not only displays the artisans' superb skills but also reflects the lifestyle and aesthetic preferences of the ancient Chinese imperial court. Select Exhibitions
4. Confirm your order
Then confirm your order details including ticket selections, exhibitions, subtotal prices etc.Check Order Information
5. Check reservation result and make the payment
With reservation successful, select a payment method and complete the transaction within 30 minutes. You can choose credit card, WeChat/Alipay payment and also can apply for on-site payment.Payment Methods Supported Credit Cards
6. Receive confirmation notification
With payment successful, you will receive booking confirmation by email.Confirmation Letter
● Cancellation and Refunds
1. Unused tickets (including general admission tickets, tickets for the Treasure Gallery, the Gallery of Clocks, and exhibitions) can be refunded through the original payment method before 24:00 on the day prior to the visit, without being considered a missed appointment. Tickets can still be refunded before 20:00 on the visit day, but it will be counted as one missed appointment. After 20:00 on the visit day, no refunds or cancellations are allowed, and it will be counted as one missed appointment.
2. Ticket refunds will be sent to your payment account within five working days via the original payment method. Please check your account for the refund. lf you do not receive the refund, please contact visitor service.
3. If you miss three appointments within 180 days, you will be barred from booking tickets and attending exhibitions at the Palace Museum for 60 days, starting from the day after the third missed appointment.
Start from ☛ www.bookingticket.dpm.org.cn
Contact and Support
◆ Language assistance is available on site.
◆ For issues or inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact (8610)8500-7420.
◆ Contact us for immediate help and comprehensive information.
Useful Forbidden City Visiting Tips
◆ How to plan the visiting route?
You can arrange your visit based on the expected duration of your tour, such as 2-hour, half-day, and full-day tour recommendations. We recommend spending half a day exploring the Forbidden City, as this allows for a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of its history and culture, while maintaining an enjoynable pace. After visiting the Forbidden City, we suggest a visit to the nearby Jingshan Park (about a 4-minute walk) where you can enjoy the majestic and charming panorama of the Forbidden City and Beijing City.
◆ How to get to the Forbidden City?
Rightly located at the center of Beijing City, Forbidden City is easily accessible by subway line 1 (most convenient), by bus and even on foot.
◆ Where to get convenient services?
You can click on the button of visit to figure out the position of service spots from the map, including Guide, Audio Guide, Service Center，Nursery，Shop，Food & Drink，Coffee，First Aid，Stroller Rental, Broadcasting Station and etc.
For more visiting tips and useful details, click ☛ The Forbidden CityService Map
Book Forbidden City Tickets with US
As a part of our private valuable Beijing tour packages, we promise to book Forbidden City tickets for you in an ensured and well-formed way. We are sorry ticket-booking-only is currently not available.
1. Travel agency's specialized booking system helps you skip registration and tedious steps.
2. The Forbidden City tickets often sell out quickly; we can ensure your successful reservation.
3. If you book tickets with us and choose our tour packages, we'll provide an experienced local guide to help you gain a deeper understanding of the Forbidden City's history and its precious collections.
4. Beyond the Forbidden City, we can also assist in booking tickets for other Beijing attractions, such as the Great Wall, the Temple of Heaven, and the Summer Palace.
Travel With Our Valuable & Worry-free Beijing Tour Package
Besides booking tickets, we are also good at create tailor-made Beijing journeys and will tailor the perfect itinerary for you with experienced travel planners, local guides and well-informed schedules. In a word, China Discovery will ensure you a captivating Beijing visit with great comfort. Here are our most recommended and popular Beijing tour packages as below. Wish you a nice, smooth and enjoyable journey in China!
How to Plan Your Beijing Tour 2024/2025
To explore the best highlights of Beijing, including Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, Hutongs, you only need 2 or 3 full days, which is available for to 144 Hours Visa-free for Transit in Beijing. If you have more days, you can go for an in-depth Great Wall hiking or photography, and explore more hidden attractions in the city.
As the most popular transportation hub in China, you can easily travel from Beijing to any other hot travel destinations in China by flight or train, such as Xian, Shanghai, Yangtze River, Guilin, Chengdu, Tibet and other popular destinations in China by flight or train.. China Discovery has designed many great China tour packages from Beijing for you. Please make your choice from our collections or let us customize one for you.
We have helped many global travelers enjoy their memorable wonderful trips to Beijing for the past few years. Among them, a special team of over 50 VIPKID teachers from North America traveled with us to see their dear studends in China with amazing experience in Beijing and shared us their special travel story! Travel with China Discovery to create your great China trip memories!
Extended Reading for Terracotta Warriors
- Terracotta Warriors & Horses Museum
- Top Terracotta Army Tours 2024
- Beijing Terracotta Warriors Tours
- Shanghai Terracotta Warriors Tours
- Where is Terracotta Warriors Located
- Beijing to Terracotta Warriors
- Shanghai to Terracotta Warriors
- Xian Airport to Terracotta Warriors
- Train Stations to Terracotta Warriors
- Downtown Xian to Terracotta Warriors
- Hotels Near Terracotta Warriors
- Top 10 Interesting Facts
- Useful Terracotta Warriors Maps
- Terracotta Warriors Photos
- Buy Terracotta Warriors for Sale
Xian Essential Travel Guide
- Xian Travel Guide
- Xian Trip Planner
- Xian Sightseeing
- How to Spend 2 Days in Xian
- How to Spend 3 Days in Xian
- How to Spend 4 Days in Xian
- Top Attractions in Xian
- Xian Transportation
- Xian Weather & Seasons
- Recommended Xian Hotels
- Xian Maps
- Xian Visa Free
- Xian Food and Snacks
- Xian Nightlife
- Xian Tourism Board
Keep Reading on Xian Tours
Recommended Beijing Tours
Top 3 Beijing tours chosen by most customers to explore Beijing in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: