Mount Emei Inner Transportation - Cable Cars and Sightseeing Buses
Mount Emei is a popular hiking site for many tourists with beautiful scenery and well-paved footpath. However, due to the long ascending distance from the foot of the mountain to the top, it takes lots of energy and even days to complete such a strenuous full hiking route of Mount Emei. When the weather turns bad, it becomes even harder for normal travelers.
Inside the Mount Emei Scenic Area, there are cable cars and sightseeing buses you can choose from to ease your trekking process, and the followings are about the detailed info of the cable cars and sightseeing buses including the ticket fares, opening time, and traveling tips.
Mount Emei Cable Cars
There are two cableways on Mount Emei: one is in the low mountain area, connecting the parking lot of Wannian Temple to the parking lot, the other is in the high mountain area, connecting Leidongping to the Golden Summit (Jinding).
• Tips: 1. Tourists with heart disease and high blood pressure should not take the cable car. 2. Do not extend any part of your body out of the car after you get on the cable car. 3. Due to power failure, unstable voltage, mechanical failure and thunder, it may cause an emergency shutdown of the cable car, and the car may swing greatly, please keep calm inside the cable car and wait for the staff to take measures.
Golden Summit Cable Car
• From: Jieyin Hall; • to: Golden Summit
◆ Seating Capacity: 100 people
◆ Duration for one-way up/down: 3-4 min
◆ Ticket Prices:CNY 65 Per Person for ascending cable car，CNY 55 Per Person for descending cable car (Peak Season: from Jan. 16 to Dec 14); CNY 30 Per Person for ascending cable car，CNY 20 Per Person for descending cable car(Off-Season: from Dec. 15 to Jan. 15 next year)
◆ First Calbe Car Operates:20min before sunrise
◆ Last Cable Car Leaves at:18:00pm
Wannian Cable Car
• From: Wannian Parking Lot; • to: Wannian Temple
◆ Seating Capacity: 8 people
◆ Duration for one-way up/down: 3-4 min
◆ Ticket Prices:CNY 65 Per Person for ascending cable car，CNY 45 Per Person for descending cable car (Peak Season: from Jan. 16 to Dec 14); CNY 30 Per Person for ascending cable car，CNY 20 Per Person for descending cable car(Off-Season: from Dec. 15 to Jan. 15 next year)
◆ First Calbe Car Operates at: 6:50am
◆ Last Cable Car Leaves at:18:00pm
◆ Note: Check Mount Emei Weather to refer to the sunrise and sunset time, and packing tips. Please arrange your trip ahead of time for there will be lots of people lining up for the cable cars during the peak season.
★ Recommended Mount Emei Tours:☛ 2 Days Mount Emei Highlights Tour with Sunrise and Sunset
Mount Emei Sightseeing Buses
The total length of the driveway on Mount Emei is about 61 km, with traffic warning signs and nice pavement. Besides the departure station, Baoguosi Tourist Passenger Transportation Center, there are four other stations (parking lots) along the way on Mount Emei, which are Wuxiangang Station, Wannian Station, Linggongli Station and Leidongping Station (listed from low altitude to high altitude), and each station has a parking lot for private cars.Mount Emei Tourist Map (Click to Enlarge)
Parking Lots of Mount Emei
① Baoguo Temple Passenger Transportation Center (报国寺客运中心)
• Parking Capacity: 100 (2000 for the nearby Huangwan Parking Lot)
This is the departure station at the foot of Mount Emei with sightseeing buses traveling upward and long-distance buses to Chengdu and Leshan. It offers a parking lot for private cars and tourist group at Huangwan Parking Lot (黄湾车场). From here, You can walk to Baoguo Temple (报国寺), the first Mountain Pavilion (第一山亭), Mount Emei Museum (峨眉山博物馆), Moya Carvings (摩崖石刻), Confucian and Buddhist and Taoist Cultural Corridor (儒释道文化长廊), Shengji Evening Bell Pavilion (圣积晚钟) and other scenic sites.
② Wuxiangang Parking Lot (五显岗车场)
• Parking Capacity: 150
From here, you can walk to Qingyin Pavilion (清音阁), Yixiantian (一线天), Ecological Monkey Zone (生态猴区) and other scenic spots.
③ Wannian Temple Parking Lot (万年寺车场)
• Parking Capacity: 400
From here, you can take a cableway or walk to Wannian temple(万年寺), then walk up to Xixinsuo(息心所), or down to Bailong cave(白龙洞), Qingyin Pavilion(清音阁) and other scenic spots for sightseeing.
④ Linggongli Parking Lot (零公里车场)
• Parking Capacity: 100
It is about halfway up to the mountain and there are not many scenic spots nearby.
⑤ Leidongping Parking Lot (雷洞坪车场)
• Parking Capacity: 500
Leidongping parking lot is the highest parking lot of Mount Emei and it is next to the ski resort (it opens from Dec to March) and you can go up to Jieyin Hall(接引殿), and then walk/take a cableway to the Golden Summit (金顶).
★ Recommended Mount Emei Tours:☛ 2 Days Mount Emei Leisure Hiking Tour from Chengdu
Mount Emei offers 4 sightseeing Bus Routes for the tourists with different traveling needs. Route 1 is the only full route from the foot of the mountain to Leidongping (the highest parking lot). Route 2 and 3 are both to Leidongping from Wannian Temple Parking Lot and Linggongli, while route 4 is the shortest and the only route is NOT to Leidongping, from the foot of the mountain to Wannian Temple or LinggongLi.
◆ Operation Time of the Ascending Sightseeing Bus: 7:00-16:00 (from Nov. 1-Apr. 25); 6:00-17:00 (from Apr. 26 to Oct. 30 except for the golden week); 5:00-17:00 (Golden Week from Oct. 1 to Oct. 7)
◆ The Last Descending Bus Departure Time: 18:00
Sightseeing Bus Routes of Mount Emei(Click route for detailed routes)
• Route: Baoguo Temple Station→Leidongping Parking Lot→Linggongli Parking Lot →Wannian Temple Parking Lot→Baoguo Temple Station
• Recommended for: Tourists who would like to go to the golden summit area from Leidongping and want to travel Mount Emei with leisure pace and less hard physical work.
• Route: Wannian Temple Parking Lot→Leidongping Parking Lot→Linggongli Parking Lot→Wannian Temple Parking Lot
• Recommended for:Tourists who have traveled the Wannian Temple scenic area or just get off from Wannian Cable car and want to save energy/time to reach Leidongping and upward to the Golden Summit.
• Route: Linggongli Parking Lot→Leidongping Parking Lot→Linggongli Parking Lot
• Recommended for: Tourists who have reached Linggongli by car/bus and want to park their cars and save energy/time to the golden summit from Ledongping.
• Route: Baoguo Temple Station→Linggongli Parking Lot/Wannian Temple Parking Lot→Baoguo Temple Station
• Recommended for: Tourists who do not mean to get to the higher area/peak of Mount Emei, or for experienced trekkers who want to save energy at first and hike all the way up from mountainside to the top.
How to Plan Your Mount Emei Tour
A Mount Emei tour usually starts from Chengdu, and combine visits to both Leshan Giant Buddha and Mount Emei. You can set out for tour at morning from your hotel in Chengdu, then drive about 2.5 hours to Leshan City to visit the Giant Buddha (about 2hrs), then go to stay a night at the foot of Mount Emei. After that, you can spend one day to visit the highlighting part (Leidongping to Golden Summit), or 2 days to hike from Wannian Temple to Golden Summit, or 3 days to have an in-depth hiking from Qingyin Pavilion to Golden Summit. Eco-bus and cable cars can be used to save energy if you want. After Mount Emei tour, you can transfer back to your hotel in Chengdu, or directly to the airport/train station to continue your trip.
★ Recommended Mount Emei Tours:
☛ 2 Days Mount Emei Leshan Giant Buddha Smart Tour
☛ 3 Days Mount Emei Classic Walking Tour
☛ 3 Days Mount Emei Leisure Hiking Tour from Chengdu
If you plan to spend more days travelling, you can try some popular panda volunteer programs, go to the wonderland Jiuzhaigou, see the Leshan Giant Buddha, or expand your trip to Beijing - capital of China, Shanghai - modern metropolis, and Xian - time-honored ancient capital to have a deeper understanding of China.
★ Recommended Tours including Mount Emei:
☛ 7 Days Sichuan Discovery Tour (Chengdu / Leshan / Emei / Chengdu / Jiuzhaigou)
☛ 6 Days Leshan, Mount Emei & Panda Volunteer Tour
If you have more questions about a Chengdu trip, please feel free to contact us. We are specialized in customized tours according to your interests, budget, traveling time, etc. Just tell us your needs, and we will provided you with a satisfactory tour.
- Emeishan Train Station
- Chengdu to Emeishan Trains
- Emeishan to Chengdu Trains
- Leshan to Emeishan Trains
- Emeishan to Leshan Trains
- Xian to Emeishan
- Emeishan to Xian
Mount Emei Transportation
Extension Readings of Mount Travel Guide
Recommended Mount Emei Tours
Top 3 Mount Emei tours chosen by most customers to explore Mount Emei in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 4 Days Classic Leshan Buddha & Mount Emei Tour from Chengdu
Chengdu / Leshan / Mt. Emei / Chengdu
- 3 Days Mount Emei Leshan Giant Buddha Highlights Tour with Emei Kung Fu Class
Chengdu / Mount Emei / Leshan Giant Buddha / Chengdu
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: