Siguniangshan Weather: Climate & Best Time to Visit
Mount Siguniang in Xiaojin County is famous for its spectacular natural scenery and it was identified as a UNESCO Heritage Site as part of Sichuan Giant Panda Sanctuaries in 2006. The high altitude ranges from 3200m of Siguniangshan Town to 6250m of the top of Yaomei Peak (the 4th peak). Mount Siguniang belongs to the subtropical monsoon climate area. But for the big altitude difference of terrains in the scenic area, there are temperate zone, cold temperate zone, subfrigid zone, frigid zone and permafrost zone.
Siguniangshan National Park is the main scenic spot in Mount Siguniang Area, which is composed of Mount Siguniang and three most accessible valleys surrounding it. Average monthly temperature in June is the highest around the year with about 13°C, the lowest temperature is reached in January, around -2°C. The annual average temperature in Mount Siguniang scenic area is usually a little low, with about 6°C. The four mountain peaks are covered with ice and snow all the year round. Dry season and rainy season are very distinct here. Annual sunshine duration in Mount Siguniang is about 2214 hours. The annual rainfall is about 1100-1600ml. Rainy Season in Mount Siguniang usually begins in May and end in mid October, average monthly precipitation reaches its’ peak in June to August, around 170ml per month.
Best Time to Visit Mount Siguniang
It is recommended to visit Mount Siguniang during summer and autumn. In July and August, you can experience the full mountain of colorful blossoms and cool water floating from the mountain peaks. The four peaks of Mount Siguniang are covered with ice and snow all the year round, viewed together from the distance, they were as beautiful as four Charming girls wearing bridal veils.
Autumn is the most beautiful season for Mount Siguniang and also the peak season for tourism. Visiting Siguniang National Park in October and November, the hills and valleys are covered in golden and yellow against the backdrop of white snow-covered mountain peaks, several clusters of white clouds drift across the azure sky reflected in the crystal clear lakes in the park, which makes this place a holyland for nature and photography lover.
Most popular Mount Siguniang Tour Package:
Average Siguniangshan Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Siguniangshan Seasons to Go
Travel Season in terms of weather and views:
- Summer - June, July and August
- Visiting Mount Siguniang in summer, tourists can enjoy the fragrant and jolly tour amidst a profusion of flowers, overlook the glistening snowy peaks towering over the rolling highland. As the breeze blow, a shower of colorful azaleas and rain fell down, pure white, pink, golden yellow, pale pinkish purple, showy red mixed together, and the mountain seemed to be covered with large bed of iridescent quilts. If you visit Mount Siguniang at the May 4th- 6th of Chinese lunar calender, you can join the “Chaoshanhui” festival there. Local people will get together at that time to worship the godness of mountains for a better harvest the next year. During the festival, they will dress up in religious costumes, have a feast all together and dance enjoyablely.
- Summer's weather in Mount Siguniang is unpredictable, but can get as high as 30˚C during the day. Night time is generally cool, however, regardless of the daytime heat, average summer temperature is around 12˚C. Raining and thunderstorms are common in summer, average monthly precipitation is around 170ml.
- Seasonal Sceneries and Activities: iridescent azalea blossom, Chaoshanhui Festival
- What to Wear
- T-shirts and a pair of pants, or a beautiful dress for girls during daytime and wear a long sleeves or light coats at night. Furthermore, summer is a rainy season in Mount Siguniang, so waterproof hiking shoes, raincoat and umbrella are necessaries. Sunblock, sunglasses and hats are highly suggested for UV protection.
- Hot Tour:
- >>4 Days Mount Siguniang Classic Hiking Tour
Mount Siguniang in Summer
- Autumn - September, October and November
- Autumn is the most beautiful season for Mount Siguniang and the peak season for tourism. In golden autumn, the sky looks like a piece of earth sapphire. White fluffy clouds, red, orange, golden leaves and lofty snow mountains reflect on the surface of clam water. Once you get here, the autumn beauty of the “Oriental Alps” will linger in your heart for a lifetime.
- Autumn sees less precipitation than summer in Mount Siguniang, with sunnier weather and lower night-time temperatures that often drops below freezing. The average temperature is around 6.5˚C.
- Seasonal Sceneries and Activities: colorful natural scenery, best hiking season, limpid but polychrome lakes
- What to Wear
- You will need to wear sweater and thick coat to keep out the cold. Sunblock, sunglasses and hats are also necessary for UV protection.
- Hot Tour:
- >> 6 Days Western Sichuan Autumn Sightseeing Tour
Mount Siguniang in Autumn
- Spring - March, April and May
- Temperature starts to rise in Spring but it is still cold, particularly during night. With an average temperature of 7 degrees and some rains, winter snow begins to melt gradually to feed the surrounding vegetation with local wide flowers awakened usually in May. However, you are still suggested to prepare warm clothes due to the sometimes snow from March to May. Clear sky appears often with strong UV rays.
- Seasonal Sceneries and Activities: large snowflakes experiences
- What to Wear
- With high average altitude and frequent snow in these months, we strongly suggest you to take an anorak to protect yourself away from the cold and wear a pair of anti-skid shoes when you visit the Mount Siguniang. You are also suggested to bring sunscreen, wearing sunhat and sun glasses to protect your skin from the strong ultraviolet light.
- Hot Tour:
- >> 8 Days Sichuan Spring Tour with Flowers Appreciation
Mount Siguniang in Spring
- Winter - December, January and February
- Winter is a beautiful season, especially when it snows. Snowflakes fall down naughtily. They fall on branches of trees, on roofs of houses, on the meadow, on the ice covered lakes and on towering peaks. Soon the whole earth will be dressed in white. Everything is shinning in the sun.
- Winter in Mount Siguniang is cold and relatively dry, with night-time temperatures dropping to as low as -15˚C regularly in Siguniangshan Town, and even to colder temperatures in the mountains. The temperature in daytime usually hovers around 0˚C and it is usually sunny with little snowfall during Winter there. If you want to visit Mount Siguniang in Winter, do remember to wear warm clothes and anti-skid shoes while visiting Siguniang.
- Seasonal Sceneries and Activities: mountain climbing contest
- What to Wear
- It is highly recommended to wear thermal underwear, sweater, down jacket, gloves and scarves for a Mount Siguniang winter trip. Wear a pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sunshine reflected by the snow. In addition, wear a pair of warm anti-skid shoes.
Mount Siguniang in Winter
Mount Siguniang Attractions Altitude
|Shuangqiao Valley||3,000 to 3,840|
|Changping Valley||From 3,100 to 5,484|
|Haizi Valley||Average 3,248, bottom of trench 5,328|
|Mount Balang||over 4,000|
How to Plan your Mount Siguniang Tour
Mount Siguniang has been praised as "Oriental Holy Mountain and Outdoor Adventure Paradise" by the visitors both at home and abroad. In most cases, tourist would spend about 2-3 days in Mount Siguniang National Park to appreciate the “Queen of Sichuan Mountain” and trek at two of the three charming valleys - Shuangqiao Valley, Changping Valley and Haizi Valley. The most common way for tourist to get to Mount Siguniang is by car from Chengdu, it would take about 4-5 hours.
Since Mount Siguniang is located on the popular Western Sichuna Small Loop that links Dujiangyan (Dujiangyan Irrigation System & Qingcheng Mountain), Wolong (Giant Panda Volunteering experience), Kangding, Danba, Luding, Ya’an and many other beautiful tourist destinations together, you can visit Mount Siguniang together with those places for a 6-8 days trip. If you have spare time, take more days to enjoy the mysterious and amazing destinations in China head south west to get to “the last pure land in the planet” - Daocheng Yading to adore the masterpieces of nature.
Travel Mount Siguniang with China Discovery
We China Discovery based in Chengdu, Sichuan is professional to offer Mount Siguniang tours, Panda tours, Chengdu tours and more popular tour packages covering Sichuan Province and more hot destinations in China.
No matter where you want to discover, our specialized travel expert will help you sincerely with your trip planning according to your group size, time, physical condition, plan, interest, budget and every special need. Our local guide and driver will escort you to Mount Siguniang from Chengdu directly with our comfortable licensed private vehicle in speed and safety, so you can focus all your attention on the highlights. Besides, our guide will tell you many beautiful stories about the attractions to enrich your wonderful trip for a lifetime memory! If you are interested, please feel free to contact us for help!
Average Temperature & Rainfall of Mount Siguniang
Keep Reading on Mount Siguniang
- Siguniang National Park
- Shuangqiao Valley
- Changping Valley
- Haizi Valley
- Chengdu to Mount Siguniang
- Mount Siguniang Where to Stay
- Mount Siguniang Maps
- Mount Siguniang Trekking
- Mount Siguniang Travel Guide
- Mount Siguniang Travel Tips
- Mount Siguniang Tours
Read More about Western Sichuan Small Tourist Loop
- Western Sichuan Small Tourist Loop
- Daocheng Yading
- Hailuogou Glacier Park
- Tagong Grassland
- Mount Gongga
Other Useful Sichuan Travel Articles
Recommended Siguniangshan Tours
Top 3 Siguniangshan tours chosen by most customers to explore Siguniangshan in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
Chengdu / Siguniangshan / Chengdu
Chengdu / Dujiangyan / Siguniangshan / Chengdu
Chengdu / Siguniangshan / Wolong / Chengdu