If you are interested in discovering the must-see sightseeing and cultural highlights of the large Inner Mongolia, this 6-day trip is your best choice since it covered all the best representative grassland landscape, desert view, volcano wonders, Genghis Khan historical culture and Inner Mongolia comprehensive knowledge around the central part at the best pace!
In the 6 days, you’ll roam at will around the boundless lush grass carpet at quite charming Huitengxile Grassland and get fully relaxed with those innocent flocks and herds under vast azure sky. Besides, you will get to the hinterland of Kubuqi Desert - China’s No.2 best desert, to soak in the distinct primitive golden desert scenery with sunrise and sunset savory and thrilling outdoor fun. You’ll also walk up to the peaks of various grass covered volcano group to see rare geological wonders. Furthermore, top no-missing temples, museums, relic sites, and landmarks in Hohhot, Baotou and Ordos are arranged in a good logical way for your best exploration of well-known Genghis Khan, Buddhist culture, pasture life, diverse tribes, modern industries and more of Inner Mongolia! Our valuable tour package including local private guide and driver, non-smoking comfortable licensed private vehicle and professional travel consultant service will help you have a much better travel experience in Inner Mongolia. Feel free to contact us for the best price for your trip planning!
Best time to take this tour: May to October is great to visit Hohhot and Kubuqi Desert, while June to September is recommended to admire the lush and green grassland scenery. July and August are especially the peak season with lots of visitors.
Day 1 Hohhot ArrivalPick up from airport / railway station & hotel check-in
Today, you will take a 2-3 hours’ high speed train from Beijing to Hohhot. If you are transferring to Hohhot from other places in China (like Shanghai, Xian, Guangzhou, Chengdu, etc.), frequent daily flights, high speed trains and normal trains are available for your easy choice.
Arrival Ideas: Hohhot Baita International Airport has many flights from many domestic destinations like Beijing, Datong, Shanghai, Xian, Guilin, Chengdu, Kunming, Guiyang, Guangzhou, Urumqi, Zhengzhou, Harbin, etc. and direct flight from some international destinations including Hong Kong, Taipei and Ulan Bator. You can also take a high speed train from Zhangjiakou (1.5 hrs), Datong (2.5-3 hrs), Taiyuan (5 hrs), Shijiazhuang, etc. For information about arriving in Hohhot from more destinations, please contact our travel experts for help!
Welcome to Hohhot, the Capital of Inner Mongolia! Upon your arrival, your local travel guide and driver will meet at the arrival hall of the airport / railway station and then escort you to your hotel in Hohhot downtown with a comfortable licensed private vehicle (non-smoking). Your guide will help you check in. The rest of today is on your own to explore the "Green City" in Inner Mongolian.
- Hohhot - the "Green City" & Milk Capital in China
Day 2 Hohhot - Ulan Hada Volcano - Huitengxile Grassland (B, L)Today’s highlights: Ulan Hada Volcano
After breakfast, your guide and driver will meet you at your hotel and take you to visit Ulan Hada Volcano in Ulanqab with about 3 hours’ driving. Covering about 280 square kilometers wide on the boundless flat emerald prairie, the over 30 volcanoes is the conspicuous and valuable natural “window” to learn about the modern crustal motion for the entire globe, which had its last eruption about 6,000 years ago and has received a big fame after introduced by Chinese National Geography in 2012. Walk along the plank road up to the top of the No.3 Volcano (North Liandanlu) which looks like a big bowl (30 meters in diameter) from afar and preserves the crater in the middle of the basin. Find the missing part at the southeast side revealing its black body contrasting the green main body. Next, drive southward to the different No.5 Volcano (Middle Liandanlu), which has the most complete appearance and was outstanding as the cover of China National Geography. You can decide to walk up along the steepy slope to look at its peak and overlook the nearby No.6 Volcano exposing its outer edge and other volcanoes. You can even find some agates if lucky.
After that, drive about 2 hours to Yellow Flower Valley, the core area of the fabulous Huitengxile Grassland (Average Altitude: 2,100 meters)! Meaning “Cold Ridge”, it is the most popular grassland in China with peculiar stunning prairie sightseeing! Enjoy your night over in the Mongolian styled yurts with private bathroom at Huitengxile Grassland. Have a nice sleep!
Optional Dinner: enjoy the Mongolian styled Zhama Banquet dinner and experience the interesting dining manner of the no.1 banquet in the past Inner Mongolian court by dressing in aristocratic costumes and tasting delicate Mongolian dishes (individual serving). Besides, appreciate like the past royal families the singing and dancing, playing of morin khuur (horse fiddle), amazing Urtiin duu (traditional Mongolian long song), Khoomei (Tuvan throat singing), and other arts of Mongolian group. (optional activity with extra payment. Please tell us if you are interested in that dinner when booking the tour.)
- Ulan Hada No.3 Volcano
- Ulan Hada No.5 Volcano - Most Complete One & Cover of Chinese National Geography
- Huitengxile Grassland in July
- Mongolian Yurts at Huitengxile Grassland
- Different Types of Mongolian Yurts at Huitengxile Grassland (For Your Reference Only)
Day 3 Huitengxile - Hohhot (B, L)Today’s highlights: Huitengxile Grassland (Yellow Flowers Valley Geopark, Wokuotai Flowers Prairie, Niudangou Ecological Valley...), Inner Mongolia Museum
Good morning! Today, you can get up early (about 04:00 am) to catch the fabulous sunrise on grassland with the golden sun dying the surrounding sky and sun glow into orange, pink, rose, purple, etc. and gives the soft glories onto the vibrant grass.
After breakfast, walk on the boundless prairie with shiny green grass dancing in the breeze under the clear azure sky and cotton-like clouds, where flocks and herds grazing and roaming idyllically and the groups of white windmills rotating for power generation. You will have an amazing exploration of the wonderful grassland by walking and taking local sightseeing cars, sightseeing trains, cable cars and animal-drawn vehicles. Catch the best highlights of the Yellow Flowers Valley Geopark that is the typical geological site of the quaternary glacier of over one hundred million years and where to admire the refreshing rare prairie landscape with abundant golden yellow blossoms. Take your time to visit the Wokuotai Flowers Prairie to appreciate the typical alpine meadow grassland with various colored flowers, which is so ideal for photography. Continue to Niudangou Ecological Valley to inhale the sweet air and enjoy a short leisure hike along the plank road along birch forest. Soak in the pleasant and vast scenery of the Seven-color Flower Field and other charming areas of Huitengxile Grassland. You can also choose to experience riding on a horse back, archery, and other activities based on your interests and time (optional activities with extra payment).
Then, your guide and driver will escort you back to Hohhot to visit Inner Mongolia Museum. This national first-class museum is a great window to have a comprehensive understanding of the ecological change, culture and historical development of the alpine grassland, deserts, forests, etc. in Inner Mongolia from trillions of years ago. Stroll at each themed hall to take a close look at those collections of local specimens of animal, plant, ores, etc., displays of costumes, lifestyles, national customs, language, art, culture communications, etc. of Mongolian and other Northern tribes living there, logical materials about the famous influential leaders and their dynasties including Genghis Khan and his Yuan Dynasty.
Accommodate in Hohhot downtown.
Notice: The detailed scenic areas, optional activities and tourist vehicles in Yellow Flowers Valley may be adjusted based on the scenic area management of the year.
- Huitengxile Grassland Yellow Flowers Valley Sightseeing
- Sightseeing Train at Huitengxile Grassland
- Huitengxile Grassland Sunrise
- Inner Mongolia Museum
- Inner Mongolia Museum Precious Collection of An Ancient Crown
Day 4 Hohhot - Baotou - Kubuqi Desert (B, L)Today’s highlights: Wudangzhao Monastery, Kubuqi Desert (Yemingsha Scenic Area)
Good morning! Your local guide and driver will meet you at your hotel in Hohhot downtown and then escort you to visit Wudangzhao Monastery in Baotou City with about 2.5 hours' driving. As one of the four famous Tibetan Buddhist temples in China, together with Potala Palace (Tibet), Taer Temple (Qinghai) and Labrang Monastery (Gansu), Wudangzhao is highly reputed as the “Little Potala Palace” and has more than 350 years old. Walk along the mountain slope to appreciate those ancient lamasery clusters with white walls, red and golden decorations and colorful prayer flags in the wind. Do not miss the outstanding fresco and sculptures with in the halls, which is a worthy inspiration with high artistic value. You will meet many Buddhist monks devoting to their Buddhist classics on this undisturbed soul place.
Then, continue driving about 2.5 hours to discover Yemingsha at the hinterland of Kubuqi Desert. Kubuqi Desert covering 13,900 s.q.km is the seventh largest desert in China. With closer distance to urban and better facilities, it is also one of the most favorite one for desert hiking, magnificent sunset scenery and desert photography. While, Yemingsha (Night Singing Sand) is the most beautiful part of Kubuqi to appreciate the authentic desert landscape with golden and yellow sand shimmering under vast blue sky and is featured with sharp sand dunes for exciting desert exploration by hiking and driving.
After arriving at Yemingsha, savor the magnificent and poetic desert sunset spectacle of the lingering glory of the round orange setting sun sketching the clear outline of dark scarlet desert hills. Your guide will help you check in at your hotel in the desert. Have a nice sleep! (You can also choose to experience the desert camp if you are interested. Tell your travel consultant when booking the tour.)
- Wudangzhao Monastery - "Little Potala Palace"
- Yemingsha (Night Singing Sand) at Kubuqi Desert
- Resplendend Yemingsha Desert Sunset
Day 5 Kubuqi Desert - Ordos (B, L)Today’s highlights: Kubuqi Desert (Yemingsha Scenic Area)
Good morning! You will have the full day exploring Yemingsha Tourist Area of Kubuqi Desert. You can get up early to welcome the gorgeous desert sunrise (about 04:00 in July and 06:00 in October) and admire the new sun dyeing warm color gradient to the sapphire sky backdrop and shaping the neat and clear waves, peaks and valleys of the desert world.
After breakfast, take the fresh challenge of the off-road driving adventure (included) on the rough and uneven desert with the professional cool desert SUV. Feel the exciting weightlessness sense, thrilling celerity and your own strong heartbeat while the car rushing quickly up to the summits and down to the valleys in the desert. Scream and laugh freely to drive all your nervous far away! Then, enjoy your desert hiking. Then, enjoy your relaxing desert hiking. If you want to enrich your desert discovery experience, you can choose to have more fun with special optional activities in desert like camel riding, motorcycling, sliding, carting, etc. (optional activities need extra payment).
After the visiting, be escorted about 2.5 hours to Ordos downtown for accommodation. Have a good sleep!
- Yemingsha Desert Off-road Driving Experience
- Romantic Yemingsha Desert Sunrise
- Camel Riding Experience at Kubuqi Yemingsha Desert
- Exciting Sand Sliding at Kubuqi Desert
Day 6 Ordos & Ordos Departure (B, L)Today’s highlights: Mausoleum of Genghis Khan, Kangbashi District
Good morning! After breakfast, your guide and driver will meet you at the hotel and then escort you to visit Kangbashi District that is a magical city political, cultural and economical center of Ordos established from the original barren desert within only a few years. Stroll along the wide Kangbashi Gallery of Culture and Art to admire the crisp new building clusters glittering under bright sky. Have some short stops to savor the outstanding designs of the Ordos Library like displayed books, Ordos Museum like a steady massive rock, Ordos Theater like the headwear of Mongolian ladies, Genghis Khan Sculpture Square, etc. scattered along the avenue. Find the Mongol Chess Square to see those shining and large chess and know more about culture of the nation on horseback.
Then, Go to the Mausoleum of Genghis Khan. It is the worthy-visiting cenotaph worshiping Genghis Khan who was the founder of the Mongol Empire and the deity for all Mongolian people in the world, without containing the true body of that hero based on the secret bury of Mongolian royalty. Walk through the magnificent gate with the statue of valiant and mighty Genghis Khan riding a horse and travel back to the old Mongolian days with displays of typical Mongolian life scenes around the yurts and grassland sightseeing. You’ll not miss the Cavalry and Golden Horde Group which is the world first complete sculpture group of Genghis’ army and the Eurasia Map showing the largest territory of his Mongol Empire. Stroll around the Museum of Mongolian History and Culture to closely look at the precious 206-meter long oil painting about the stories from the birth of Genghis in 1162 AD to the regime retreating from the old Beijing in 1368 AD and other interesting collections. Continue to the cenotaph of Genghis Khan and appreciate the resplendent tomb palace complex exquisitely decorated with milky walls, vermilion windows, golden tops and blue cloud patterns in typical Mongolian ethnic cultural charm.
After the visiting, your guide and driver will escort you to the airport or railway station in Ordos to catch your flight or train to your next destination or home. Tour ends!
Departure Ideas: Eerduosi Railway Station has bullet trains to Hohhot and Wulanqab within Inner Mongolia. While, if you want to extend your trip to more destinations in China, Ordos Ejin Horo International Airport has direct flights to most provincial capital cities including Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Chengdu, Lanzhou, Hangzhou, Kunming, etc.
- Cenotaph Part of Mausoleum of Genghis Khan
- Gate of Mausoleum of Genghis Khan
- Cavalry and Golden Horde Group at Mausoleum of Genghis Khan
- Ordos Genghis Khan Statue Square at Kangbashi District
- Kangbashi District in Ordos
Hulunbuir is praised as the “Green Pure Land”, which offers the top best and ideal natural wonders, including the world’s top grassland - Hulunbuir Grassland.
And in the 4 days, you’ll receive the awesome visual fest by exploration at the boundless prairie, lush wetland, featured Mongolian yurts, beautiful mountain ranges, exotic villages, winding rivers, interesting museum, etc. Here is the plan - Day 1 to Hulunbuir Grassland, Morigele River, Ergun Wetland and Shiwei Russian Town with the Russian-style wooden Mukeden accommodation experience; Day 2 to Haur River and Heishantou with grassland sunset enjoyment and Mongolian yurts accommodation, Day 3 to drive along the sightseeing China-Russia Border Road to visit Hulun Lake and splendid Manzhouli Matryoshka Square; Day 4 to drive back to Hailar and visit Hulunbuir National Museum with the rest time is free for departure.
1. This price is for one person, based on a group of 2 adults sharing one standard double-bed room in a hotel and traveling with our private tour in low seasons.
2. This price is subject to change according your traveling season, group size, hotel class, change of activities in your itinerary and possible fluctuation of currency exchange rate. If you want a lower price, you can get more people to join you, or use economy class hotels.
3. This price is only valid to March 31, 2023.
4. Reference exchange rate of USD 1= RMB 6.45. The final quote is based on current exchange rate. It may change according to the currency fluctuation, while the RMB quotation will be remained the same.
we made it back to Shanghai. It was a great trip even with rain, COVID, and Sophie's personal issues.
we enjoyed the trip very much. Thanks a lot for organizing everything so brilliant it was really fantastic!
Thank you for your help in sorting out my few days ago. I will certainly be asking you for help in the future, now to start thinking about my 10 day break, beginning of April!
We did quite a lot of research for travel agency before heading for our first trip to Lhasa, Tibet; since foreign travelers to Tibet have to purchase a tour. China Discovery did a great job in helping us get the Tibet Tourism Bureau permit, booking our train tickets from Xining, Qinghai Province, to Lhasa; and organizing a private Tibetan guide, Tenzin, and a driver, for our 5 days in Tibet. They also helped us with all Covid-19 safety measures and authorization requirements). Great sceneries and sites, especially Yamdrok Lake, Khambala pass (4800m), Potala Palace, Sera Monastery and Deprung Monastery. Our guide Tenzin spoke very well in English and was very helpful.
My suggestion: No need to visit Summer Palace; suggest organizing visit of Yack herd with Nomads in higher plateau and in Snow area. Otherwise, very good and Tenzin was excellent
"Highest Standards of Quality and Honesty" is the core value of each specialized team at China Discovery.
Eveyone in our company is working hard for only one goal, which is to ensure the highest level of service, luxury, and attention to detail from the minute you begin planning your trip, to the day you return home.
Our travel consultants are professional, experienced and responsible, helping you from the very beginning to the end of your China trip!
After sending us an inquiry, one of our travel consultants will get back to you within 0.5~23.5 hrs. In the next few days, he/she will be working closely with you to formulate a customized tour plan, as well as providing professional suggestions based on your travel interests, time, and budget.
Beside, he/she will keep in contact with you during your entire tour in China, continually checking if everything is going well as planned.
We're working at Chengdu Bamboo International Tours, local based in Chengdu.
Our local guide in every destination is not only very friendly, enthusiastic but also very informative and knowledgeable.
Once you arrive in the destination, the patient and punctual guides will pick you up and take you to get under skin of the city at your own pace. By in-depth discovery and explanation, they’ll show you more about the history, culture, customs and authentic local life. Throughout the journey, they're not only expert guides who take care of all the details but also fellow travelers who are dedicated to help you explore in comfort and style.
Our guides are passionate about what they do, and it shows all the way!
Using our private transfer service makes you comfortable, relaxed and worry free all the way!
Our private service includes licensed drivers with many years’ driving experience and air-conditioned, non-smoking, clean and well-maintained cars/vans. Drivers are local, polite, friendly and helpful, taking you to your tourist sites, hotels, airport/train stations in safety. All kinds of vehicle are offered, and yours depends on the size of your group. Usually, we offer sedan cars, SUVs, business vans (MPV) and different types of buses, all with extra space for your luggage.
Our private transfer service guarantees you the highest comfort!
In each destination, you’ll enjoy a comfortable stay in a great location!
The hotels we choose are based on star rating, great locations, well-equipped facilities, cozy bed, high quality service and guests’ feedbacks. Choices are a lot ranging from luxury 5 star, comfortable 4 star to budget 3 star. You could decide where to stay to best suit for your budget and likes. Generally, the hotels have both Western and Chinese breakfast with a wide choices.
If you have already got an ideal hotel, please feel free to tell our travel consultants and they'll book the hotel for you.
Have good sleep in our well-selected hotels in all the destinations of China.
We can satisfy all the dietary requirements no matter you want Chinese local food, western food, vegetarian food or muslin food.
The restaurants we will take you for lunch or dinner are all designated tourist restaurants approved by local tourist administration bureau. They have very good sanitary conditions and the food is prepared fresh and clean.
There will be some meals excluded in your itinerary as you like, and your private guide will be delighted to give you some suggestions and take you to the local restaurants to taste like Beijing Roast Duck, Xian Dumpling Dinner, Sichuan Hotpot, etc., if you are interested in local food tasting.
All the dining options will satisfy your stomach!
● For Grasslands: June to September is popular to appreciate the luxuriant sightseeing of grassland in various green, and July to August are the peak season with most domestic travelers.<
● For Desert: deserts like Badain Jaran, Kubuqi, Tengger, etc. are suitable to visit most time of the year. While spring and autumn are the best to travel with most comfortable temperature, among which June to October is the peak traveling season, but daytime in summer has very high temperature for desert walking. So, you can arrange your exploration in the morning and late afternoon if you go in summer.
● For Populus Euphratica Forest: late September to middle October is the best time to appreciate the yellow and golden leaves of Ejina Populus Euphratica Forest with cool weather and little rain. Average temperature usually drop gradually from 16℃ to 8℃ from September to October.
● Fore Wetlands and Forests: Wetlands and forests like Erguna Wetland, Moerdaoga Forest, Arxan Mountain, etc. are suitable to visit all around the year, but they show the more beautiful colors in summer and autumn. Winter is better for snow-covered scene.
● For Hohhot, Baotou, Ordos and More: Hohhot, Baotou and Ordos boast the continental monsoon climate with about 2°C in the northern area and about 6.7°C in the south area. It is suitable to visit Hohhot all year round, but May to October is the best time to enjoy the beautiful sightseeing and comfortable weather. Besides, spring is dry and windy with comparatively frequent sandstorm, summer is pleasant with little rain, autumn is cool and get cold quickly, while winter is long and cold with little snow. Summer and autumn are nice to visit Xilingol and Chifeng.
Wear suitable seasonal clothes to accommodate the quite different weather in different seasons.
For Grasslands: summer clothes like trousers, T-shirts, comfortable hiking/walking shoes, hats, etc. in summer. Long-sleeves, sweaters, coats, trousers, hats, scarves, etc. in autumn and spring. But still prepare some warm and light winter clothes for Hulunbuir visit in spring and late autumn.
For Desert: summer clothes in summer. But long-sleeves, trousers, masks or scarves, etc. are better to protect from sunburn.
● Temperatures differ a lot from day to night, and it is highly recommended bring some warm clothes for the cold nights, even during the summer from June to September. Besides, long-sleeves, pants and thin scarves are recommended for warm keeping and defending mosquitoes. Comfortable walking shoes are highly suggested for your walking on the grasslands and other sites. Mosquito repellent is better to bring.
● Bring your sunglasses, sun block, hats, lip balm to care your eyes and skin due to the strong UV and long time staying outdoor.
Inner Mongolia is large and has several landing gateways for discovering different areas.
● Hohhot: For most trips discovering the central areas (Baotou, Ordos...) and top grasslands (Xilamuren, Huitengxile, Gegentala, etc.), Hohhot is the best landing place with the best connection of flights and high speed trains. Hohhot Baita International Airport has frequent direct flights to most domestic places like Shanghai, Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Guangzhou, etc. with almost 1.5-4 hours. International travelers can also fly from Hong Kong, Taipei, Ulan Bator, etc. to Hohhot. Also, Hohhot East Railway Station as well as Hohhot Railway Station offer high speed trains with Beijing, Datong, Zhengzhou, etc. for your easy arrival and departure. Besides, Hohhot is only about 1-2 hours’ car riding to nearby famous grasslands.
● Hulunbuir: Hulunbuir located at the northeast Inner Mongolia is the gateway for Hulunbuir Grassland, Russian villages, etc. Hailar Dongshan International Airport has flights to/from Beijing, Hohhot, Harbin, etc. Manzhouli Xijiao International Airport has flights to/from Beijing, Hohhot, Harbin, Guiyang, etc. No bullet trains are available in Hulunbuir!
● Ejina Banner: You can get there by car from nearby Lanzhou, Xining, Jiayuguan, Zhangye, Dunhuang, etc. After a flight or bullet train transfer; Also, you can take the daily flight to Ejina Taolai Airport with a short stopover at Alxa Left Banner Airport.
● Badain Jaran Desert: You can fly to Ejin Bamner, Alxa Left Banner, Lanzhou, Zhangye, Jiayuguan and Jinchang first and transfer to Badain Jaran Desert by car. Also, you can take a bullet train to Zhangye first and get to the desert by car. No bullet trains are available in Ejin Banner.
● Xilingol & Chifeng: You can take a flight to Xilingol from Hohhot, Beijing, Baotou, etc. easily. To reach Chifeng, you can catch a flight from some major cities or a bullet train from nearby cities in northern China, like Beijing, Dalian, Shenyang, Chengde, etc.
● Hohhot & Nearby Grasslands: Staying in Hohhot downtown like Xincheng District and area south of Xinhua Square is most popular for visitors to Hohhot, since they are convenient for transfer, close to major attractions and good for buying local souvenirs. For tourists planning staying overnight at the grasslands, Xilamuren, Huitengxile and Gegentala all provides different hotels, hostels, resorts and themed Mongolia yurts based on your various needs.
● Hulunbuir: Hailar District as the downtown offers most hotel choices and is also close to the Hailar airport and train station.
● Kubuqi Desert: Xiangshawan Scenic Area has more good hotel options for staying in desert. Yemingsha Scenic Area has only one desert hotel. Seven Stars Lake also offers some luxury desert resort. Nearby all places are suitable for desert camping.
● Ordos: Kangbashi District is relatively a better place to accommodate because it has the most good hotels, convenient downtown location, and closer distance to the airport, train station major attractions.
● Ejin Banner: Dalaihob Town is mostly chosen for its abundant hotels and homestays. Besides, places surrounding Ejina Populus Euphratica Forest, Juyan Lake and Heicheng Ruoshui Huyang Scenic Area are also good to stay.
● Badain Jaran Desert: Badain Jaran Town with starred hotels and hostels are popular. Also, you can stay overnight in the desert at the desert hotels, homestays, or Mongolia yurts. Camping in the desert is also a popular way.
Tips: Hotels and restaurants around Hohhot, Ordos, Baotou, etc. in central Inner Mongolia and Hulunbuir usually rise their prices during summer vacation in July and August and other travel peak season including National Holiday from October 1 to 7. From early to middle October is the peak season for Ejina Populus Euphratica Forest. And July to October for Badain Jaran Desert. So, it is better to plan and book your accommodation in advance.
● Remember to always follow your groups instead of heading to the heart regions by your own, or you may get lost. Cell phone signal may be weak or zero in the grassland or forest areas in Inner Mongolia, stay calm.
● Wear the harness correctly when enjoying horse riding and follow the direction to keep safe!
That also depends on which areas you are interested in to discover! For a classic Inner Mongolia nature and culture seeking for the first time, most travelers plan about 3-4 days to Hohhot to discover the city highlights with 1-2 days staying at Huitengxile Grassland or Xilamuren Grassland. Apart from Hohhot, a large portion also extend to nearby Ordos (1-2.5 days) to discover the cool Kubuqi Desert (Xiangshawan or Yemingsha) with the best city highlights, Baotou (1-2 days) with outstanding temples and monasteries, etc. for a central Inner Mongolia savory. If you want to discover the best grassland sightseeing and exotic ethnic flavors in China, plan 4-5 days to appreciate Hunlunbuir Grassland, Russian styled Shiwei, Enhe or Linjiang town with more fabulous lakes and dense forests of the northeastern part of Inner Mongolia. While, if you like the golden Ejina Populus Euphratica Forest and Badain Jaran Desert, it usually takes about 3-4 days for each destination. An in-depth Inner Mongolia trip from the east, via center, and to the west can take more than 11-15 days based on your interests. It is also a great idea to plan your trip to Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Datong, Xining, Dunhuang, Xinjiang, Guilin, Chengdu, Tibet, Yangtze River, Yunnan, etc. in China to enjoy more highlights and save more money! Please contact us if you have any question or need any help!
Note: If you want a deeper Inner Mongolia grassland discovery with 2 or more nights staying in the Mongolian yurts, please tell our travel expert directly to help you with the planning!
Hohhot / Huitengxile Grassland / Yemingsha of Kubuqi Desert / Hohhot
Hohhot / Huitengxile Grassland / Ordos
Hohhot / Baotou / Kubuqi Desert / Hulunbuir / Shiwei / Hulunbuir
No documents found.
“Very good experience”
“WONDERFUL 25 DAYS IN CHINA - PRIVATE TOUR”
“Awesome China tour from northeast to southwest”1,530+ Reviews