Guizhou Weather & Seasons
In the subtropical zone with a humid monsoon climate, Guizhou province, located in the soutwest China, has an average temperature at 15°C for all year round. July is the hottest month of the year with the average temperature of 24°C, while January is the coldest one with an average of 4°C. The best time to visit Guizhou is spring and antumn with many ethnic festivals for you to experience ethnic culture.
Weather Forecast for Major Cities in Guizhou:
Average Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Guizhou Seasons to Go
- Spring is from March to May. It is warm and humid in spring in Guizhou province. During that time, there are many ethnic festivals, like Sister’s Meal Festival. The exact dates are based on the minority calendar and you can contact our experts for more detailed info.
- June to early September is summer in Guizhou. The temperature varies in different cities, mostly are hot and rainy. While there is a perfect place for you to visit in heat Summer-Huangguoshu Waterfall in Anshun city, which is said to be the largest waterfall in Asia.
- Autumn is the best time to visit most places of Guizhou province with its fresh air and pleasant days of sunshine. Though this season changes into winter in short time, you can still catch this time to visit southeastern Guizhou and find the biggest Xijiang Miao Village and feel the hospitality of Miao people.
- Winter in Guizhou starts from December, and the coldest month is January. Since it rarely snows, the average temperature is about 5-7˚C. Jump Flower Festival, an less known festival hold in Liupanshui city will arise you intention to visit Guizhou even in this chilly weather.
Recommended Guizhou Tours
Top 3 Guizhou tours chosen by most customers to explore Guizhou in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 4 Days Kaili Miao Minority Villages Tour
Guiyang / Kaili
- 4 Days Guiyang City Tour with Huangguoshu Waterfall
Guiyang / Anshun
- 10 Days Guizhou & Guilin Discovery Tour
Guiyang / Kaili / Rongjiang / Zhaoxing / Guilin / Yangshuo / Longsheng / Guilin