Guiyang Weather & Seasons
Sharing the subtropics moist temperate climate, Guiyang has pleasant weather with no intense heat in summer or much cold in winter. It has the annual temperature of 15.3°C. July is the hottest month of the year with a temperature of 24°C averagely, while January is the coldest month with average temperature is 4.6°C.
With fresh air and mild climate, Guiyang is proud of any time visit. For tourists, the spring and autumn are the best time to visit Guiyang highlights of Miao ethnic minority festival.
Average Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Guiyang Seasons to Go
- Spring (March to May)
- Spring in Guiyang is more like Kunming of Yunnan, the weather is becoming warmer and peach flowers are in full bloom. Wearing light sweater and long sleeves is enough.
- Traveling in this time to Flower Stream Park (Huaxi Park) is more favorable to enjoy the charming nature and rural landscape.
- Summer (June to August)
- Surrounded by mountains, the summer in Guiyang is abundant of rainfall, which makes the weather is not hot, only with average temperature at 24 °C. While the strong solar radiation of daylights is also should watch out.
- The nearby Huangguoshu Waterfall is a perfect resort to avoid the summer heat and admire the first waterfall in China with karst landscape.
- Autumn (Sept. to Nov.)
- Autumn in Guiyang is unnoticeable by people but changes the nature distinctly. The weather may change a little bit cooler with breeze and still quite pleasant, so prepare a coat or jacket is ok.
- Sometimes, nature is more sensitive than humans, just like the Red Maple Lake. When it gets to the deep autumn, the red leaves are spreading around whole lakeside, worth to take a look.
- Winter (Dec. to Feb.)
- Winter in Guiyang differs in each month and the coldest time often occurs in February with average of -3 °C. Please prepare thick sweater and overcoat or down jacket.
- In this low season, the attractions can be limited but if you want to explore the ethnic minority culture, Qingyan Ancient Town is the ideal place to go and find the local life.
Recommended Guiyang Tours
Top 3 Guiyang tours chosen by most customers to explore Guiyang in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 4 Days Kaili Miao Minority Villages Tour
Guiyang / Kaili
- 4 Days Guiyang City Tour with Huangguoshu Waterfall
Guiyang / Anshun