How to Get to & around Ya'an
Get to/away from Ya'an
There is no airport in Ya’an.
While Ya’an is a city located 2 hours southwest of Chengdu on the Sichuan-Tibet Highway. You are supposed to arrive in Chengdu through Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport first, and then take trains from Chengdu to Ya’an. Check more about Ya'an to Chengdu Train Schedules:
Recommended Tour Packages:
Chengdu Shuangliu Airport
Taking a bus is one of the convenient ways to travel to Ya’an. Fast buses from Chengdu Xinnanmen Bus Station to Ya'an (from 07:30 to 19:00, every 35 mins, 2 hours) leave throughout the day.
Even though your ticket says Ya’an (Bifengxia Valley) or Ya'an (Shangli Ancient Town), there is a possibility you may be driven directly to Ya’an Tourist Bus Station. Out of the Ya’an Tourist Bus Station, you can take the minivan to Bifengxia and Shangli Ancient Town.
Recommended Tour Packages:
Buses from Chengdu
Get Around Ya'an
By Mini Van
On the main road outside of the Ya’an Tourist Bus Station, you could easily get the minivan to Shangli Ancient Town and Bifengxia Valley.
- To Bifengxia: 16 km, 20 mins, 5 Yuan (Check detailed transportation guide How to Get to Bifengxia Valley)
- To Shangli Ancient Town: 27 km, 30 mins, 6.5 Yuan
- To Mengding Mountain: No direct minivan, you need to transfer on the half way.
Please Note: It is not recommended to take the minivan for it is small and crowded with local people. If you need private transportation, please feel free to contact our travel consultants. They are here ready to offer you worry free Bifengxia Panda Tour or Tea Culture tour.
Mini Van in Ya'an
Keep Reading on Ya'an
- Bifengxia Valley
- Shangli Ancient Town
- Ya'an Things to Do
- Activities in Ya'an
- Ya'an Hotels
- Ya'an Weather & Season
- Ya'an Maps
- Ya'an Travel Guide
- Ya'an Tours
Useful Articles to Plan Ya'an Panda Tours
- Bifengxia Panda Base
- Bifengxia Panda Volunteer
- What to See in Bifengxia
- How to Get to Bifengxia
- Bifengxia Panda Photos
- Bifengxia Panda Volunteer Photos
- How to Plan a China Panda Tour
- Where to See Pandas in China?
- 15 Facts about Giant Pandas
- Red Panda Volunteer Program
- Hold a Panda 2022
- Giant Panda Maps 2022
- Giant Panda FAQs & Travel Tips
- All Panda Tours
Recommended Ya'an Tours
Top 3 Ya'an tours chosen by most customers to explore Ya'an in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 5 Days Panda Volunteer Tour at Bifengxia Panda Base
Chengdu / Bifengxia Panda Base / Chengdu
- 3 Days Bifengxia Panda Volunteer Tour with Ya’an Essence
Chengdu / Ya'an / Chengdu
- 2 Days Classic Tea Culture Tour with Giant Panda Visit
Chengdu / Mengdingshan / Chengdu
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: