Jiuzhaigou travel FAQ & Tips
1. When would be the best time to visit Jiuzhaigou?
In different seasons, you will different scenery, while in September and October, Jiuzhaigou is on its peak of beauty with colorful forests and lakes. Therefore, we suggest you visit Jiuzhaigou during September to October. But please avoid the first week of October when the prices soar and the scenic area is packed with the tourists.
2. How can I get to Jiuzhaigou?
There are early buses to Jiuzhaigou available in Chengdu Xinnanmen Bus Station before 8:00 am each day. You can also catch the bus at Chadianzi Bus Station before 10:00am.Flying is also available. More than 20 flights fly between Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou in a day and the flight trip lasts about 40 minutes and charges about CNY1, 000.
3. How are the roads to the Jiuzhaigou?
The road via Ying Xiu and Wen Chuan to Songpan is the major choice for vehicles. After reconstruction after 2008, it works well. Mostly it is asphalt road.The road from Chengdu via Mian Yang, Jiang You, Ping Wu, Nanping is open and much of the way is a newly built highway which works well too.
4. Is it necessary to make any preparation before visiting Jiuzhaigou?
- Avoid strenuous exercise and excessive wine, etc. Have more vegetable and fruits,etc.
- Please bring sun block, sunglasses to protect from the strong sun rays.
- The sickness-haunted is better to consult the doctor before you do the tour and bring some emergency medicines if need.
5. Where to stay in Jiuzhaigou?
In order to preserve the landscape, it is forbidden to lodge inside the Jiuzhaigou scenic spot. Usually tourists lodge in hotel at the surrouanding of the gate of Jiuzhaigou where has gathered a lot of hotels from 5 star level to budget hostel pricing from more than CNY 1,000 to CNY 30 per night.
Due to the local limitation, the accommodation hot water service time is usually supplied 8pm-10pm and 6am - 8am. Please make clear your hotel water supply time to lessen the inconvenience.
6. Are there any taboos we have to pay attention to in Jiuzhaigou?
Yes. Special notices as followings are advised to pay attention to when you visit a Tibet house:
- Please consult and follow their customs if you are invited to have a drink with the local Tibetan.
- Please go clockwise around the temple, Buddhism pagoda and the like when you pass by them.
- Please don't step over any religious tool and brazier.
- Please do not touch the Tibetan's head.
- Top Things to do in Jiuzhaigou
- Featured Activities in Jiuzhaigou
- Comfortable Class Hotels in Jiuzhaigou
- Luxury Class Hotels in Jiuzhaigou
- How to Get to & around Jiuzhaigou
- Land Travel Routes to Jiuzhaigou
- Jiuzhaigou Airport & Flights
- Jiuzhaigou Hiking Guide
- Jiuzhaigou Climate & Seasons
- Jiuzhaigou Weather Forecast
- Jiuzhaigou Maps
- Jiuzhaigou Landscape
- Jiuzhaigou Local Food
- Jiuzhaigou Travel FAQs & Tips
Top 3 city tours chosen by most customers to explore in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 3 Days Classic Jiuzhaigou Tour by Flight
Chengdu / Huanglong / Jiuzhaigou
- 5 Days Classic Chengdu & Jiuzhaigou Tour
Chengdu / Jiuzhaigou
- 3 Days Jiuzhaigou & Mounigou Winter Tour