9 Useful Jiuzhaigou Travel Tips & FAQ
1. When would be the best time to visit Jiuzhaigou?
In different seasons, you will see different scenery, while in September and October, Jiuzhaigou is on its peak of beauty with colorful forests and lakes. And the weather at that time is the most pleasant. Therefore, we suggest you visit Jiuzhaigou during September to October. But please avoid the first week of October when the prices soar and the scenic area is packed with tourists.>>More about Jiuzhaigou Weather & Best Time
2. How can I get to Jiuzhaigou from Chengdu?
There are early buses to Jiuzhaigou available in Chengdu Xinnanmen Bus Station (新南门车站) before 8:00 am each day. You can also catch the bus at Chadianzi Bus Station (茶店子车站). As taking a bus will need about 10 hours. It is recommended to depart as early as possible. Flying is also available. More than 20 flights fly between Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou in a day and the flight trip lasts about 40 minutes. When you get to Jiuzhaigou Huanglong Airport, you can take a shuttle bus (about 1.5h) to Jiuzhaigou scenic area. At present, no direct train is available between Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou. >>More about How to Get from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou
3. How can I get to Jiuzhaigou from other cities in China?
Jiuzhaigou Huanglong Airport operates flights between Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Chongqing, Chengdu, and Mianyang. You can take a flight or make a transfer in these cities. This is the most time-saving way. >>More about How to Get to & around Jiuzhaigou | Jiuzhaigou Huanglong Airport & Flights
4. How to transfer between Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong?
Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong are about 150km away. There are buses connecting these two places but the bus schedule is not fixed. If you fly from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou Huanglong Airport, you can take an airport bus there which gets to Jiuzhaigou via Huanglong and it will stop at Huanglong for about 4.5 hours. Or you can charter a car to drive you around but it will be a little expensive which will cost about CNY 400 or more.
5. How are the roads to Jiuzhaigou?
The road via Ying Xiu and Wen Chuan to Songpan is the major choice for vehicles. After reconstruction after 2008, it works well. Mostly it is asphalt road.The road from Chengdu via Mian Yang, Jiang You, Ping Wu, Nanping is open and much of the way is a newly built highway which works well too.
6. Is it necessary to make any preparation before visiting Jiuzhaigou?
- Yes, Jiuzhaigou is over 2000m above the sea level. So you need to avoid strenuous exercise and excessive wine, etc. Have more vegetable and fruits, etc.
- Please bring sun block, sunglasses to protect from the strong sun rays.
- If you are not feeling well, it is better to consult the doctor before you do the tour and bring some emergency medicines if need.
7. Where to stay in Jiuzhaigou?
In order to preserve the landscape, it is forbidden to lodge inside the Jiuzhaigou scenic spot. And Jiuzhaigou downtown is too far. Usually tourists lodge in hotel at the surrouanding of the gate of Jiuzhaigou where has gathered a lot of hotels from 5 star level to budget hostel pricing from more than CNY 1,000 to CNY 30 per night.
Due to the local limitation, the accommodation hot water service time in some hotels is usually supplied from 8pm-10pm and 6am-8am. Please make clear your hotel water supply time to lessen the inconvenience. >>More about Where to Stay in Jiuzhaigou
8. How many days do I need to travel Jiuzhaigou?
It depends on what attractions you want to visit and how you travel. Generally speaking, 1-2 days will be enough to fully discover Jiuzhaigou. You can also add an extra day to nearby Huanglong or Munigou.
9. Are there any taboos we have to pay attention to in Jiuzhaigou?
Yes. There are many Tibetan families in Jiuzhaigou. Special notices as followings are advised to pay attention to when you visit a Tibetan house:
- Please consult and follow their customs if you are invited to have a drink with the local Tibetan.
- Please go clockwise around the temple, Buddhism pagoda and the like when you pass by them.
- Please don't step over any religious tool and brazier.
- Please do not touch the Tibetan's head.
Keep Reading about Jiuzhaigou Tour and Travel Guide
- Top 5 Jiuzhaigou Tours
- How to Plan Jiuzhaigou Trip
- Jiuzhaigou National Park
- Huanglong National Park
- Top Things to do in Jiuzhaigou
- Featured Activities to do in Jiuzhaigou
- Where to Stay in Jiuzhaigou
- Comfortable Class Jiuzhaigou Hotels
- Luxury Class Jiuzhaigou Hotels
- Jiuzhaigou Hiking Guide
- Jiuzhaigou Maps
- Jiuzhaigou Landscape
- Jiuzhaigou Local Food
Jiuzhaigou Transportation Guide
- Get There & Around Jiuzhaigou
- Jiuzhaigou Airport & Flights
- Jiuzhaigou Airport to Huanglong
- Jiuzhaigou Airport to Jiuzhaigou
- Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong Transportation
- How to Drive to Jiuzhaigou
- Travel from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou
- Travel from Xian to Jiuzhaigou
Jiuzhaigou Weather Guide
Recommended Jiuzhaigou Tours
Top 3 Jiuzhaigou city tours chosen by most customers to explore Jiuzhaigou in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 3 Days Classic Jiuzhaigou Tour (Flight Arrival)
Chengdu / Huanglong / Jiuzhaigou
- 5 Days Chengdu Jiuzhaigou Comfortable Tour
Chengdu / Huanglong / Jiuzhaigou
- 3 Days Jiuzhaigou Winter Tour
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once enquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: