Where to Stay in Leshan | Recommended Leshan Hotels
Leshan is a famous historic and cultural city in Sichuan and home to the 71 m high Giant Buddha, which has been listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site together with Mount Emei. As a tourist city, there are many hotels for your choice. If you are to spend a night in Leshan city, we highly recommend you choose hotels in Leshan downtown or near Leshan Giant Buddha. If you are going to Mount Emei the next day, it is better to live in hotels near or on Mount Emei. Here is more specific information about where to stay in Leshan.
Where to Stay in Leshan
Top Recommended: Leshan Downtown - Convenient to Taste Local Food and See Giant Buddha
Leshan is not only famous for the giant Buddha, but also has a reputation for local snacks. Leshan Giant Buddha is not very far from Leshan downtown and you can get there conveniently by bus and taxi. So if you are going to spend a night in Leshan, it is highly recommended to choose a hotel in downtown area (especially near Zhanggongqiao Food Street) where you can fully enjoy Leshan cuisine such as spiced sweet crispy duck, Qiaojiao Beef, Doufunao, Boboji, Minjiang river fish hot pot, etc. and meanwhile taking a relaxing tour to the Giant Buddha. There are plenty choices from luxury hotels to three-star ones and plain inns in Leshan downtown. Most of them provide basic services such as free Wifi, 24-hour hot water and reception and some have other services such as tea house.
Recommended Leshan Downtown Hotels
- Address: No.888 Baiyang West Road (Near Jiaxing Road Food Street) 乐山柏杨西路888号(近嘉兴路美食街); about 3km from Leshan Railway Station, 10km (20 minutes’ drive) from Leshan Giant Buddha
- Service: free Wifi, 24-hour hot water and reception, luggage storage, train station pick-up, indoor swimming pool, gym center, tea house, etc.
- Address: No. 600, Jiading Middle Road (Near Zhanggongqiao Food Street) 乐山嘉定中路600号(近张公桥美食街); about 4km from Leshan Giant Buddha.
- Service: free Wifi and parking lot, 24-hour hot water and reception, luggage storage , tea house, etc.
Panlong Kaiyuan Mingdu Hotel 乐山盘龙开元名都大酒店 (★★★★)
Orange Hotel Select 桔子酒店 (★★★★)
√ 2 Days Best Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Tour with Boat Sightseeing
Second Choice: Near Leshan Giant Buddha - Closest to Scenic Area
If you are not that into Leshan food, but just want to stay somewhere near the Giant Buddha. There are some choices for you near the scenic area, all in walk’s distance. Still, hotels range from luxury ones to basic ones with services and facilities that can meet the accommodation demands. There are some restaurants around but not many.
Recommended Hotels Near Leshan Giant Buddha
- Address: Zone C, Jiadingfang, Leshan Giant Buddha Scenic Area 乐山大佛景区嘉定坊C区
- Service: free wifi, luggage storage, parking lot and outdoor swimming pool; 24-hour reception; Chinese restaurant and café, tea house, chess and cards room, etc.
- Address: Zone A, Jiadingfang, Leshan Giant Buddha Scenic Area 乐山大佛景区嘉定坊A区
- Service: free wifi and luggage storage, 24-hour reception, children facilities, Chinese restaurant, etc.
Sanjiangyue Holiday Hotel 三江悦度假酒店 (★★★★)
A Yard of Chan 乐山金叶-禅驿度假酒店 (★★★★)
Other Option: Near or on Mount Emei - For Tourists Planning to Visit Mount Emei the Next Day
Mount Emei, the World Cultural and Natural Heritage Site, is only about 45km (1 hour’s drive, about 1.5h by bus) to the west of Leshan Giant Buddha. The high speed train between Leshan Railway Station and Emeishan Railway Station only takes about 16min. If vositing Mount Emei is also part of your travel plan, it is recommended to stay a night near or on the mountain so that you can take a rest and have enough time for the climbing the next day. If you want to catch the sunrise, you can accommodate near Leidongping half way up the mountain, but if not, you are more recommended to stay in a hotel at the mountain foot near Baoguo Temple where there are more choices with better environment.>>More about Mount Emei Accommodation
Recommended Mount Emei Hotels
- Address: Beside Baoguo Temple, Emeishan 峨眉山报国寺旁
- Service: wifi, luggage storage, 24-hour reception, swimming pool, tea, coffee, bar, restaurant, spa, laundry, etc.
- Address: No. 466, South Section of Mingshan Road, Baoguo Temple报国寺景区名山路南段466号
- Service: wifi, luggage storage, 24-hour reception, Chinese restaurant, tea house, chess and cards room, etc.
Hongzhushan Hotel 峨眉山红珠山宾馆 (★★★★★)
Zen Flora 峨眉山欢喜无厌•拈花溪精品温泉民宿 (★★★★)
√ 4 Days Classic Leshan Giant Buddha & Mount Emei Tour from Chengdu
How to Plan a Leshan Tour
Starting from Chengdu, people usually spend 1-3 days visiting Leshan according to the attractions included in your travel plan.
If you just plan to visit Leshan Giant Buddha, 1 day will be sufficient. You can take a high speed train (about 1h) to Leshan in the morning and come back in the afternoon. There will even be extra time for you to pay a visit to Chengdu Panda Base if you are interested.
√ 1 Day Giant Panda Visit & Leshan Giant Buddha Tour
√ 2 Days Best Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Tour with Boat Sightseeing
If you plan to visit both the Buddha and Mount Emei, it is recommended to set aside 2 days. On the first day after you finish visiting the Giant Buddha, take bus (1.5h) at the scenic area or take high speed train (16 min) to Mount Emei and spend the next day hiking and appreciating the mountain scenery.
√ 2 Days Mount Emei Leshan Giant Buddha Smart Tour
Apart from that, you can also visit Leshan together with Jiayang Steam Train, which is most beautiful in spring and late summer when the train passes through the blooming canola flowers and sunflowers.
√ 2 Days Leshan Giant Buddha Visit with Jiayang Steam Train Experience
If you have 4 or more days traveling, you can extend your Leshan tour to Chengdu, wonderland Jiuzhaigou, or other popular cities in China such as Beijing and Xian. Or you can customize your own tour according to your interests, budget, traveling time, etc. Just tell us your needs, and we will provide you with a satisfactory tour.
★ Recommended Tours including Leshan:
√ 6 Days Chengdu Xian Leshan Emei Enjoyment Tour
√ 7 Days Sichuan Discovery Tour (Chengdu / Leshan / Emei / Chengdu / Jiuzhaigou)
Top Leshan Tours
Extension Readings of Leshan Travel Guide
- Trip Planning Guide
- Top Attractions
- Leshan Giant Buddha
- Leshan Buddha Facts
- Mount Emei
- Jiayang Steam Train
- Things to Do
- Best Way to Explore Leshan Buddha
- Get There & Around
- Chengdu to Leshan Transfer
- Leshan to Emeishan Transfer
- Weather & Seasons
- Leshan Travel Maps
- What to Eat
- All Travel Guide
Other Destinations in Sichuan
- Chengdu Travel Guide
- Jiuzhaigou Travel Guide
- Mount Emei Travel Guide
- Dujiangyan Travel Guide
- Western Sichuan Travel Guide
- Garze (Ganzi) Travel Guide
- Aba Travel Guide
- Danba Travel Guide
- Jinchuan Travel Guide
- Daofu Travel Guide
- Litang Travel Guide
- Batang Travel Guide
- Ya'an Travel Guide
- Guang yuan Travel Guide
- Zigong Travel Guide
- Yibin Travel Guide
- All Sichuan Travel Guide
Recommended Leshan Tours
Top 3 Leshan tours chosen by most customers to explore Leshan in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 2 Days Best Chengdu Leshan Giant Buddha Tour
Chengdu / Leshan Giant Buddha / Chengdu
- 4 Days Classic Leshan Buddha & Mount Emei Tour from Chengdu
Chengdu / Leshan / Mt. Emei / Chengdu
- 2 Days Mount Emei Leshan Giant Buddha Smart Tour
Chengdu / Mount Emei / Leshan Giant Buddha / Chengdu
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: