Perched on the northern border with Hong Kong and southeast of Guangzhou, Shenzhen is a mega-city of over ten million. Shenzhen is like an energetic young man with just about 40 years old, who has been developing at an extraordinarily fast pace.
This 3-day classic Shenzhen tour is designed for travelers to witness the fast change of Shenzhen from mostly fishing villages and small farms to modern metropolis by visiting Shenzhen Museum as well as having a bird’s eye view from Ping’an Finance Center to see amazing skyscrapers rising highly over the ground. Besides, Shenzhen has a lot to show off. It is not only a window of the world but also a window of China to see the whole China in just one place, taking you to travel from north to the south, from the west to the east, to see a Splendid China and meet its diverse ethnic minorities. Go with China Discovery and uncover the mysterious veil of the UNSECO Creative City.
Day 1 Shenzhen ArrivalFlight / Train to Shenzhen
Ni Hao! Welcome to Shenzhen, the most innovative city in China! Upon arrival, you will be met by your local guide at the arrival hall of the airport or train station. Then, be escorted to check in your hotel in downtown by a private comfortable car. The rest of today is on your own to explore the “Silicon Valley of China”. If you want to explore nearby, feel free to get some practical suggestions from your tour guide.
Arrival Ideas: Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport has many international and domestic flights to and from, including Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Chengdu, Chongqing, Kunming, Zhangjiajie, Hangzhou, Guiyang, etc. Furthermore, high speed trains are quite convenient from most domestic cities including Hong Kong (about 14 minutes), Guangzhou (0.5-1.5 hours), Foshan (1 hour), Guilin (3 hours), Xiamen (3.5-4 hours), Changsha (3-3.5 hours) and so on.
- Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport
Day 2 Shenzhen (B, L)Lychee Park - Ping'an Finance Center - Shenzhen Museum - Splendid China Folk Village
After breakfast, your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel. First, escape from the hustle and bustle of the city to Lychee Park which was named after the 500+ lychee trees to begin your beautiful day. Relax yourselves and soak up the harmonious ambience of the tranquil park, stroll leisurely through the lychee trees, bridges around the lake and see locals practicing Tai Chi and doing other activities. Later, you will see the modern face of Shenzhen by getting atop the 600-meter tall skyscraper - Ping’an Finance Center. It is the tallest building in Shenzhen, the second tallest building in China and the 4th tallest building in the world. Reach Free Sky at 116th floor to catch a panoramic view of Shenzhen as well as overlook Hong Kong in far distance. Afterwards, be driven to Shenzhen Museum for a better understanding about this migrant city turning from a fishing village to the first-tier class metropolis in China within 40 years. Enjoy many informative displays and learn the history from ancient times to modern life.
In this afternoon, be transferred to Splendid China Folk Village to have a glimpse of vast China and experience the colorful culture of ethnic minorities of China. Walk and recognize the iconic sites in Splendid China Miniature Park which is composed of 82 reproductions of beautiful scenery, grand architecture, historical sites and traditional dwellings of China. You won’t miss Forbidden City, Great Wall, Terracotta Warriors, Potala Palace, Mogao Caves, Li River, Leshan Giant Buddha, Stone Forest etc. Traveling across China within short time, you’ll be enchanted with China’s profound history, culture, natural beauty, palaces, temples and pagodas in one go. Then, take a stroll at China Folk Culture Village to explore 27 different ethnic villages built with the proportion of 1:1, experience brilliant culture, unique folk customs and hospitality of the ethnic groups. Watch interesting performances at their villages at the scheduled time. If your time allows, enjoy the fantastic performance called “New Oriental Neon Costumes” at Impression China Theater at 17:00, and “Dragon and Phoenix Dance” at Phoenix Square at 19:30.
After the tour, be escorted to your hotel for a good rest.
- Ping'an Financial Center
- Splendid China Folk Village
- Shenzhen Museum
- Lychee Park
Day 3 Shenzhen & Shenzhen Departure (B)Flight / Train off Shenzhen
After breakfast, your guide and driver will escort you to the airport / train station to catch the flight / train to your next destination or home. Service ends!
No documents found.
1. This price is for one person, based on a group of 2 adults sharing one standard double-bed room in 4-star hotel
and traveling with our private tour in low seasons.
2. This price is subject to change according your traveling season, group size, hotel class, change of activities in your itinerary and possible fluctuation of currency exchange rate. If you want a lower price, you can get more people to join you, or use economy class hotels.
3. This price is only valid to March 31, 2023.
4. Reference exchange rate of USD 1= RMB 6.45. The final quote is based on current exchange rate. It may change according to the currency fluctuation, while the RMB quotation will be remained the same.
The trip was marvelous. We have really enjoyed!
It was great. I really enjoyed it!
It was a wonderful trip! Thank you for everything Wonder. Can’t wait to go on another one
Very good trip! Fun and interesting! Tour guides are also very good!
Okay, thanks for an amazing trip, we will definitely be doing more traveling with you.
"Highest Standards of Quality and Honesty" is the core value of each specialized team at China Discovery.
Eveyone in our company is working hard for only one goal, which is to ensure the highest level of service, luxury, and attention to detail from the minute you begin planning your trip, to the day you return home.
Our travel consultants are professional, experienced and responsible, helping you from the very beginning to the end of your China trip!
After sending us an inquiry, one of our travel consultants will get back to you within 0.5~23.5 hrs. In the next few days, he/she will be working closely with you to formulate a customized tour plan, as well as providing professional suggestions based on your travel interests, time, and budget.
Beside, he/she will keep in contact with you during your entire tour in China, continually checking if everything is going well as planned.
We're working at Chengdu Bamboo International Tours, local based in Chengdu.
Our local guide in every destination is not only very friendly, enthusiastic but also very informative and knowledgeable.
Once you arrive in the destination, the patient and punctual guides will pick you up and take you to get under skin of the city at your own pace. By in-depth discovery and explanation, they’ll show you more about the history, culture, customs and authentic local life. Throughout the journey, they're not only expert guides who take care of all the details but also fellow travelers who are dedicated to help you explore in comfort and style.
Our guides are passionate about what they do, and it shows all the way!
Using our private transfer service makes you comfortable, relaxed and worry free all the way!
Our private service includes licensed drivers with many years’ driving experience and air-conditioned, non-smoking, clean and well-maintained cars/vans. Drivers are local, polite, friendly and helpful, taking you to your tourist sites, hotels, airport/train stations in safety. All kinds of vehicle are offered, and yours depends on the size of your group. Usually, we offer sedan cars, SUVs, business vans (MPV) and different types of buses, all with extra space for your luggage.
Our private transfer service guarantees you the highest comfort!
In each destination, you’ll enjoy a comfortable stay in a great location!
The hotels we choose are based on star rating, great locations, well-equipped facilities, cozy bed, high quality service and guests’ feedbacks. Choices are a lot ranging from luxury 5 star, comfortable 4 star to budget 3 star. You could decide where to stay to best suit for your budget and likes. Generally, the hotels have both Western and Chinese breakfast with a wide choices.
If you have already got an ideal hotel, please feel free to tell our travel consultants and they'll book the hotel for you.
Have good sleep in our well-selected hotels in all the destinations of China.
We can satisfy all the dietary requirements no matter you want Chinese local food, western food, vegetarian food or muslin food.
The restaurants we will take you for lunch or dinner are all designated tourist restaurants approved by local tourist administration bureau. They have very good sanitary conditions and the food is prepared fresh and clean.
There will be some meals excluded in your itinerary as you like, and your private guide will be delighted to give you some suggestions and take you to the local restaurants to taste like Beijing Roast Duck, Xian Dumpling Dinner, Sichuan Hotpot, etc., if you are interested in local food tasting.
All the dining options will satisfy your stomach!
To witness the fast development and feel the high technologies of Shenzhen, it is a good idea to spend 1 to 2 days here. Parts of travelers choose to do a day tour from Hong Kong, while some travelers choose to do a day tour from Guangzhou. Or, you can add Shenzhen into a Greater Bay Area tour (Hong Kong - Macau - Shenzhen - Guangzhou).
Since May 1, 2019, Guangdong Province has been implementing 144-hour visa-free policy for nationals from 53 countries. The qualified travelers can enter Guangdong via its three airports - Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport, Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport and Jieyang Chaoshan International Airport, and exit via the province’s 32 ports. Learn more about 144-hour visa-free policy >>
Shenzhen does offer Visa on Arrival for special visitors, so whether you can get it depending on your own situation. Shenzhen Visa on Arrival (VOA) is also called Shenzhen Port Visa, which merely allows foreigners to apply for visa at the certain entry ports on arrival, visa application procedure and appropriate visa fees are still needed.
5-Day Shenzhen Special Economic Zone Tourist Visa is a special type of VOA visa for Shenzhen, and tourists may also apply for Group Visa at the border to visit Shenzhen with other cities in China. Most foreigners are eligible for the 5-Day Shenzhen Visa, but citizens from the following 25 countries are NOT allowed to apply for the Shenzhen SEZ Port Visa, they are: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Cameroon, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, Uganda, Yemen. Travelers can choose Shenzhen Boa’an International Airport, Luohu Port, Huanggang Port, Shekou Port and Futian Port to apply. Know more about how to get Shenzhen 5-day visa on arrival >>
Flights, high speed trains and ferries are plenty that you can choose your way best suit for you and your group. Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport is about 45 kilometers northwest of city center of Shenzhen.
● At present, it has flights to/from 27 international cities & regions, 108 domestic cities and 4 cities in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan area. Travelers can take international flights from/to Hong Kong, Taipei, Macau, Sydney, Auckland, Melbourne, Seoul, Cheju, Phuket, Los Angeles, Frankfurt, Singapore, Bangkok, Hanoi, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Milan, and so on to Shenzhen. Besides, there are many flights linking Shenzhen with many domestic cities of China, including Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Chengdu, Chongqing, Kunming, Lijiang, Lanzhou, Hangzhou, Wuhan, Nanjing, Tianjin, Luoyang, Zhangjiajie, Guiyang, Zhengzhou, Urumqi, Taiyuan, Hohhot, Harbin, Haikou, etc. Taking flight to Shenzhen is quite convenient and time-saving.
● Taking high speed train to Shenzhen is a very popular way to reach Shenzhen, with great comfort and convenience. No matter you travel within Guangdong Province to Shenzhen or from other destinations all over China, Shenzhen is well linked by train. You can go to Shenzhen from Guangzhou (0.5 hour), Hong Kong (14 minutes), Zhuhai (2 hours), Shanghai (8-11.5 hours), Beijing (8-11.5 hours), Guilin (3 hours), Yangshuo (2.5 hours), Guiyang (5-5.5 hours), Xian (9.5 hours), Xiamen (3-3.5 hours), Changsha (3-3.5 hours), Wuhan (4.5-5 hours) and more cities in China.
Several best ways are provided to travel between Hong Kong and Shenzhen, including high speed train, metro, coach/bus or private car.
● By high speed train: The most convenient and fastest way to go between. Travelers can take high speed train from Hong Kong West Kowloon Railway Station to Shenzhen Futian Railway Station or vice versa. Travelers need to be checked your valid documents at Hong Kong West Kowloon Station no matter you leave or enter Hong Kong. The high speed train journey takes only 14 minutes.
● By metro: Travelers can take Hong Kong MTR East Rail Line to arrive at Luo Wu Station. Then, go through the immigration at Luohu Port (06:30-24:00) to enter Shenzhen. It is suitable for independent travelers.
● By coach/bus: There are some cross-border buses serving from many stations in Hong Kong to Huanggang Port, including Wan Chai, Prince Edward, Kam Sheung Road, and Hong Kong International Airport. However, crossing this Huanggang Port by cross-border buses, you need to get off the bus when arrive at the port and go through the clearance procedure with all your luggage and belongings. After your customs clearance, come out from the customs building and get on the bus to Shenzhen.
● By private car: If you go with China Discovery, we’ll normally use Huanggang Port or Shenzhen Bay Port to go through the immigration.
Most travelers choose Luohu District and Futian District to stay in Shenzhen. Luohu District is the city center of Shenzhen, close to Shenzhen Railway Station/Luohu Port. Futian District settles in the middle of Luohu District and Nanshan District. It is very suitable for travelers who want to take high speed trains at Futian Railway Station. Many hotels ranging form high-end one to budgets one can be found in these areas.
China’s Greater Bay Area covers Hong Kong, Macau and nine cities in Guangdong Province (Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Huizhou, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, and Zhaoqing). Among all the cities and routes, Hong Kong - Macau - Shenzhen - Guangzhou is the most popular way to see all the highlights in the bay area, taking about 8 days.
Different people come to Shenzhen for different reasons. No matter you are businesspersons, family with kids, layover transiting, Shenzhen has something to offer. To travel beyond Shenzhen, you can head to Guilin, Zhangjiajie, Shanghai,Xian, Beijing and other destinations in China. Please feel free to tell us any idea you are thinking about, and our professional travel expert from China Discovery will help you plan your Shenzhen China trip with sincerity and rich experience and knowledge!
Guangzhou / Shenzhen
Hong Kong / Shenzhen
No documents found.
“Very good experience”
“WONDERFUL 25 DAYS IN CHINA - PRIVATE TOUR”
“Awesome China tour from northeast to southwest”1,570+ Reviews