[Important] Travel News for Expats: China travel is reopening! Travel with China Discovery and learn about where to visit & requirements for each destination! Read Details >
Zhangjiajie, a hot destination for people both from home and abroad, attracts travelers with its magnificent peaks and stones, crystal-clear lakes, exquisite forests, the beautiful canyons, the limestone caves, and the breath-taking panoramic views. It is well-known to the world with its Wulingyuan Scenic Area, which includes Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Tianzi Mountain, Yangjiajie and Yuanjiajie. In addition, Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon, Yellow Dragon Cave and son on also give travellers deep impression.
After visiting these places at day time, most of you may want to know how to spend the long boring night. For many people, they would like to enjoy some popular night shows, taste local specialties at night markets, and take photos of beautiful nightscape. Others may also want to find some pubs to drink a little. Here China Discovery provides you a list of the top things you can do at night in Zhangjiajie concerning your interests and budgets. Then you can better plan your Zhangjiajie nightlife.
Known as the world's first real-scene musical drama with the Tianmen mountain range and the Tianmen Cave as the stage background, Tianmen Fox Fairy is a popular show on the foot of Tianmen Mountain. The show originates from a traditional Chinese myth and folk tale - "Love between Man and Fox", and integrates the elements of folk music and modern art. As the story progresses, you will find settings everywhere from the foot of the hill to the peak, be it spotlight, stage for the chorus, background houses...everything. The visual presentation is spectacular and amazing, the music is impressive, and those dancers and singers are also charming. Since its debut performance, Tianmen Fox Fairy Show has been attracting thousands of tourists every year. It has the subtitles with Chinese, English, Korean and Japanese, which highly reduces the difficulties in understanding for foreign audience.
Check for more about Tianmen Mountain and How to Visit It.
Tianmen Fox Fairy Show
Artists Dressed as Fox Fairy and Her Lover
● Show Time: 20:15~21:50
● Time of Entering: 19:30~20:15
● Tickets: CNY 180 ~ CNY 488 (the price is only for your reference)
● Location: Tianmen Fox Fairy Grand Theater, Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park, Guanliping Street, Yongding District, Zhangjiajie City (张家界市永定区官黎坪天门山国家森林公园底下天门狐仙大剧场)
● How to Get to: The distance between Zhangjiajie city and Tianmen Fox Fairy Grand Theater is about 7 km by car, which could take about 15 minutes. The theatre is about 6.5 km from the Lower Station of Tianmen Mountain Cable Car (About 15 mins by car). There's no direct bus to Tianmen Fox Fairy Grand Theater, so you could take taxi or take licensed private car of China Discovery.
1. You need to collect the ticket at 19:30~20:15, and the address of picking up ticket is the ticket office for the individual traveler (No. 15 Window/Left Front of the Parking Lot).
2. The latest time for you to book the ticket is before 19:00 of the day you will watch the show.
3. The officers of the theater will give audiences free raincoat if rain comes.
4. If it's cold, you could rent the cotton-padded clothes, the price of which is ¥10 for each.
5. The information above is just for reference, because it may change according to the real conditions. For the latest information, you could consult us.
Charming Xiangxi Show is one of the grand folk shows in China and the best window to learn about the ethnic culture of Hunan Province. It contains strong distinctive ethnic features and has enjoyed a high reputation in the people around the world who like Chinese culture. This show is situated in Charming Xiangxi Grand Theatre, which can hold 2,800 people and close to the Wujiayu Ticket Station of Wulingyuan scenic area.
Shows of Charming Xiangxi include two sections. The former one is held indoor, which includes age-old Xiangxi sacrifice, lively Dong people's gathering party, bold and unrestrained Miaojia Drum, amorous Yao people's date, humorous Crying Marriage of Tujia(土家哭嫁), mystery and horrific Driving Corpses in Xiangxi (湘西赶尸), exciting Maogusi Dance (茅古斯舞), etc.
The later section will let people enjoy the traditional Chinese acrobatics and Chinese deep breathing exercises (气功). They are breathtaking and at the same time soul-stirring too. After the shows, the bonfire in the open air begins. After watching the colorful shows, you can take part in the warmly bonfire party in the open air. It is totally another excitement.
Yao people's date
Driving Corpses in Xiangxi (湘西赶尸)
● Show Time: 20:00~21:30, 21:30~23:00, 18:30~20:00, 17:00/23:00~18:30/24:30
● Time of Ticket Collection: 18:00~19:30
● Tickets: Standard Seat: ¥238/ticket, ¥476/2 tickets | VIP Seat: ¥248/ticket | SVIP Seat: ¥288/ticket
● Location: Charming Xiangxi Grand Theatre, Charming Xiangxi Square, Wulingyuan District, Zhangjiajie City. (张家界市武陵源区魅力湘西广场魅力湘西大剧院)
● How to Get to:
1. Bus: Near the Charming Xiangxi Grand Theatre, there are two Wulingyuan Bus stations that are about 500 meters away from the theatre. You could take direct bus from Zhangjiajie Central Bus Station to Wulingyuan Bus Station (About 40 minutes), and then take Wulingyuan Bus for about 3 minutes. After getting off, you could walk for about 500 meters to the theatre (You could also walk from the Wulingyuan Bus Station to the theatre for about 700 meters.).
2. Taxi: You could easily take taxi to this theatre from Zhangjiajie city. The driving distance is about 33 km, which could take about 50 mins.
3. Licensed Private Car of China Discovery: China Discovery could provide you the service of private car, including escorting you from your hotel to this theatre.
1. You could collect the ticket at the self-service ticket machine from the ticket hall of Charming Xiangxi Grand Theatre.
2. The specific performance time and the time of entering the theater will be adjusted according to the situation of the scenic spot on the same day, please pay attention to the message of your booking.
3. The ticket price is only for booking online, and if you buy it offline, it may be more expensive. We could also help you to book online, just feel free to contact us.
4. The show of Driving Corpses in Xiangxi (湘西赶尸) may be a little scary for the old and children.
5. The information above is just for reference, because it may change according to the real conditions.
Xibu Ancient Street
Referring to nightlife, people could never forget night markets. Zhangjiajie also has its special night markets waiting for you. Most travellers would choose to buy some special local products or taste local speciality at Xibu Ancient Street, the most popular business street in Wulingyuan Central Area. Here you could find Miao people’s silver ornament, Tujia special handbag and colorful scarf, beautiful brocade, delicate sand painting, traditional Chinese blueprint cloth, carved bull's bone, etc.
At Xibu Street, you could taste delicious snacks from all over the China, but the highlight of them is the local speciality, like Tujia cuisine, rice noodles of Cili County, Tujia Sanxia Pot (土家三下锅), etc. The most special one is the local artificial cultured giant salamander. Local restaurants cook it with many kinds of ways.
Wandering along the ancient street to explore local flavor and buy some special souvenirs can be a good choice for you to spend the boring night!
Tips: Most travellers choose to saty at Wulingyaun District Central Area for their Zhangjiajie tour. You could check for more details at Where to Stay in Zhangjiajie.
● Location: Xibu Street, Wulingyuan District, Zhangjiajie City (张家界市武陵源区溪布街)
● Opening Hours: All Year Around
● Entrance Ticket: Free
● How to Get to: Xibu Street is just in the Central Area of Wulingyuan Scenic Area, and it's very convenient to take bus or taxi to here.
1. Bus: There are several Wulingyuan Bus stations that are about 500 meters away from the theatre. The closet one is about 100 meters from the street. You could take direct bus from Zhangjiajie Central Bus Station to Wulingyuan Bus Station (About 40 minutes), and then take the Wuliangyuan Bus No.1 to the street (About 1.5 km by car).
2. Taxi: You could easily take taxi to this street from your hotel at Zhangjiajie Central Area. The driving distance between the street and Zhangjiajie Santo Domingo International Hotel (张家界圣多明歌国际大酒店) is about 2 km, which could take about 5 mins.
3. Licensed Private Car of China Discovery: China Discovery could provide you the service of private car, including escorting you from your hotel to this street.
There are many modern night pubs and bars at Zhangjiajie, and they provide wines, beers, Whiskey, etc. There's nothing more comfortable than drinking wine, chatting with friends or the local people, and lying on the soft sofa to spend a relaxing night at a cute bar. You could find some nice pubs and bars at Xibu Ancient Street. In addition, trying the local Tujia wine, such as Rice Wine, Corn Wine, Snake Wine and so on, is also a good choice. The special local wine can be found in some local restaurants.
Night Pubs and Bars in Zhangjiajie
Nightscape at Xibu Ancient Street
Apart from shopping, eating and drinking, Xibu Ancient Street is also the best place in Zhangjiajie to enjoy the nightscape. When the night comes and the lights are on, colorful artificial lighting covers Xibu Street with another kind of charm. The buildings of this area combine elements of both Tujia and Miao people. Meanwhile, there are some features of traditional Chinese styles. Each block of buildings with traditional style stands next to each other, with courtyard and street in the house, combining the old style and modern fashion elements. There is also a river along the part of pubs and bars, reflecting the image of bars and pubs with lights on, which makes the area more charming at night. In a word, Xibu Street shows a unique scene of ancient town especially at night with bright lights, and it looks completely different from the scene during the day!
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once enquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
[Important] Travel News for Expats: China travel is reopening now! Travel with China Discovery and learn about where to visit & requirements for each destination! Read Details >