Huangshan Weather & Seasons
Huangshan city in Anhui province belongs to the northern subtropical region, enjoying the humid monsoon climate. With an average annual temperature of about 16.4 °C, most area in Huangshan are mild and have no extreme cold winter. The average annual precipitation of Huangshan city is about 1670 mm, and the rainy months are from May to August. Having four distinct seasons, Huangshan city is very popular and suitable to visit all year round.
Mount Huangshan is at the subtropical monsoon climate area. For the steep mountain and deep valley, the weather varies along the height of mountain vertically. The weather in Mount Huangshan is mild and humid with an average temperature around 10 °C all the year round. Usually summer begins in July on the whole Mount Huangshan. Halfway Temple even spends the summer in late July and without the higher part only spending spring, autumn and winter all year round. Parts like Brightness Summit, Yuping Scenic Area, and Beihai Scenic Area have long cold seasons of over 7 months in a year. Rainfall is plentiful, with annual precipitation at 2348 mm. There are about 183 rainy days and 49 snowy days. The weather is characterized by abundant cloud and fog with heavy humidity.
Besides, each of the four seasons on Mt. Huangshan has their respective beauty but even this can vary from day to day thanks to variations in the weather. So, a good weather affords good opportunities to view the most stunning scenery on Yellow Mountain. Please check out the weather forecast while planning your Huangshan tour.
Average Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Seasons to Go
Spring in Huangshan is from February to April, and the average temperature is from 0 °C to 6 °C, and during this season, you can visit the romantic ancient city with flourishing blooming flowers. Summer (May, June and July) sightseeing is so great to treat your eyes, the average temperature is about 13 °C to 18 °C in this period. Autumn (August to October) shows so poetic in this city, not only the brilliant fall leaves, but also the splendid natural wonders will make your Huangshan tour very impressing, and average temperature is about from 11 °C to 17 °C. And in winter (November to January), the usual average temperature is from -3 °C to 4 °C, with not many snowing days with extremely low temperature, Huangshan also has many visitors to discover its beauty and fun.
- In spring, Yellow Mountain is like a fairyland. The three Words “New”, “Fresh” and “Tender” could describe this beautiful season which features the brilliantly blooming flowers and fresh, crisp air. So it is the peak season also the best time to tour Huangshan. One thing needs to remind you here, in this season, it is mostly rainy, misty and cloudy. Please prepare shirts, sweaters and overcoats because temperatures are lower as you climb up higher altitudes. Wearing layers that could easily be taken on and off are convenient when you climb or hike on the mountain. >> Mt. Huangshan in Spring
- Seasonal Activities
- Watch the wild flowers, plants and breathe fresh on Mount Huang. View the gurgle streams in ravines running in the valleys of Yellow Mountain. Enjoy the spring new leaves turning light green on the upper Mount Huangshan.
Stoll along Hongcun, Xidi Ancient Villages or Xin'an River to appreciate the beautiful scenery.
Besides, visit Huizhou Ancient City to see its colorful scenery of pink, blue, yellow, blue, purple, etc. and to feel the vivid spring.
Enjoy Shexian Tangyue Memorial Archway to amaze at the excellent carving skills and feel the culture and history of ancient Huizhou people in Qing dynasty.
- The wettest months are May through to August, with 300mm or more of rain each month. This makes summer the best time to enjoy the Sea of Clouds, one of the famous four features of the mountain. The average temperature of about 20 on Yellow Mountain makes it a favored destination for avoid the summer hot. The green trees and ivy mingle to form natural pavilions where you can sit and refresh yourself while enjoying the beautiful scenery with a cooling breeze to sooth you. Also, the rich rainfall in summer awards countless flying waterfalls and springs to make Yellow Mountain a terrific world of aqua. It is wise to bring a rainproof jacket with you for the summer storm will come unpredictably. >> Mt. Huangshan in Summer
- Seasonal Activities
- Visit Yellow Mountain to find many excellent sceneries and much fun. Watch the fiery-red sunset painting the entire mountain into a brilliant world, which will amaze you deeply. Appreciate sunrise on the summit, when the red sun light the sky, trees, and peaks all shining and splendid. Enjoy the famous cloud sea that changes day to day, unrestrained and elegant. This is one of the best period for capture beautiful photographs.
Take a light walk along Tunxdi Old Street to find the antique flavor of Huangshan. And the night view of this street is so beautiful and could easily take you to travel to the past years.
Take a cruise along Xin'an River to feel the cool summer and appreciate the rolling mountains on both banks.
Go to see the flourishing water in Yuliang Dam of Huizhou Ancient City, the bravura performance will renew your past experience.
Enjoy the Tangyue Memorial Archway full of local culture and art in Shexian.
- It is also recommended to visit Mount Huang in autumn. On one hand, Autumn on Yellow Mountain has the most comfortable weather. On the other hand, the scenery is gorgeous: the blue sky, white clouds, colorful leaves and fruits. Besides, the fresh and clear climate in autumn changes many places in Huangshan especially picturesque to enjoy. Jacket, shirts, wind coat, and rain gears are good, especially during August. You could prepare some light sweaters to avoid the a little low temperature at night. >> Mt. Huangshan in Autumn
- Seasonal Activities
- Enjoy Autumn foliage of red, yellow, green, orange, etc. in Yellow Mountain (one of the best place to see autumn foliage in China).
Hongcun and Xidi Ancient Villages are especially charming both under the blue sky and gorgeous colorful clouds in autumn.
Also, you can enjoy the terrific Tangyue Memorial Archway in Shexian to see the beautiful carvings and learn more about the values and culture of ancient locals.
- Winter lasts a long time here, but it is not as cold as you might expect. In fact, Yellow Mountain is beautiful all the year round while the winter scenery is the best. You could feast your eyes with the “wonder” - snowscape. And the sea of cloud, one of the “Four Wonders”, appears more often in winter than in any other season. Please take care yourselves when you climb Mt. Huangshan in this season. Warm sweaters, cotton wadded jackets, down jackets are the best to wear in winter Huangshan. And if you are planning to climb Mt. Huang, gloves, scarves and antiskid shoes are highly recommended. >> Mt. Huangshan in Winter
- Seasonal Activities
- Snowy Yellow Mountain is like a crystal palace where you could appreciate the snow-capped Yellow Mountain and enjoy the sea of clouds to feel the mysterious world on earth. Particularly, trees full of the soft rimes on the entire mountain look sparkling and like silver spirits.
Visit Tunxi Ancient Street, Hongcun or Xidi Ancient Villages to enjoy the special old structures and rich culture of Huangshan and to see how Chinese celebrate Spring Festival.
Go to Shexian to see Tangyue Memorial Archway to appreciate the fine carvings and respectable culture.
- Mount Huangshan Travel Guide
- How to Plan Huangshan Tours
- Top Things to Do in Huangshan
- Featured Activities in Huangshan
- Huangshan Biking
- What to Pack
- Comfort Hotels on Mount Huangshan
- Top Hotels in Huangshan City
- How to Get to & around Huangshan
- Baggage Storage before Huangshan Hiking Tour
- Huangshan Sedan Chair & Porter Service
- Yellow Mounatin Sunrise
- Yellow Mountain Sunset
- Yellow Mountain Spring
- Yellow Mountain Summer
- Yellow Mountain Autumn
- Yellow Mountain Winter
- Huangshan Maps
- Huangshan Hot Spring
- Huangshan Mountain Facts
- Huizhou Culture
- Huizhou Architecture
- Hangshan Mountain Why Expensive & Price Lists
- How to Visit Huangshan
- Huangshan FAQs & Tips
Recommended Huangshan Tours
Top 3 Huangshan tours chosen by most customers to explore Huangshan in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 3 Days Huangshan Highlights Leisure Tour (Back Mountain + West Sea Grand Canyon)
Tunxi - Huangshan - Tunxi
- 3 Days Huangshan Classic Hiking Tour (Front Mountain + West Sea Grand Canyon + Back Mountain)
- 4 Days Best Huangshan Tour with Hongcun & Xidi Ancient Villages
Tunxi - Huangshan Mountain - Hongcun - Xidi