Huangshan/Yellow Mountain Cable Car Map 2020
Most travelers choose to take advantage of the cable cars on Yellow Mountain to save energy for major highlights on the top areas. Besides, the amazing scenery while taking the cable car up/down is also an exciting and eye-catching experience during your Huangshan Hiking Tour. Read the following guide map of Huangshan cable cars to plan your hiking route and schedule.
The Huangshan cable cars will take annual maintenance for safety in the coming winter season. During the period of maintenance, main cable cars will be closed to the public then. To better plan or adjust your coming Huangshan tour itinerary, please check the scheduled closing time as follows:
- Yuping Cableway (玉屏索道): closed from November 18 to November 30, 2019 (already finished the maintenance)
- Yungu Cableway (云谷索道): closed from December 1 to December 16, 2019 & from January 7 to January 13, 2020
- Taiping Cableway (太平索道): closed from December 17 to December 29, 2019 & from January 4 to January 6, 2020
The Four Cable Cars on Yellow Mountain
There are totally 4 cableways located in different regions on Huangshan Mountain, including the most frequently-used Yungu Cable Car, Yuping Cable Car, Xihai Cable Car and the less-used Taiping Cable Car. It’s convenient to take the cableways up to the mountain top areas and start an authentic hiking trip to famous scenic spots. Read more about Huangshan Mountain Cable Cars: Location, Tickets, Spots & Hotels Nearby
Yungu Cable Car 云谷索道
Running Between: Yungu Temple (云谷寺) - White Goose Pavilion (白鹅岭)
Ticket: 80RMB (March ~ November), 65RMB (January, February, December)
Opening Hours: 07:00-17:00
Yungu Cable Car is located in the Back Mountain/Eastern Rourte on Huangshan Mountain, and the up station is very close to Beginning to Believe Peak, Lion Peak and Beihai Hotel. It takes just less than 10 minutes by the cable car while the hiking needs about 3 hours.
Yuping Cable Car 玉屏索道
Running Between: Mercy Light Pavilion (慈光阁) - Jade Screen Pavilion/Yupinglou (玉屏楼)
Ticket: 90RMB (March~November), 75RMB (January, February, December)
Opening Hours: 07:00-17:00
Situated in the Front Mountain of Mount Huangshan, Yuping Cableway saves at least 3 hours hiking from the section. Visitors can enjoy magnificent scenery of the mountain range, like Celestial Capital Peak outside the window. After ascending the mountain peak, the landmark Guest Greeting Pine and Yupinglou Hotel is merely 500m from the up cable car station. Then you can hike around to Lotus Peak, Turtle Peak through One-Line Sky and One Hundred Cloud Ladder.
Taiping Cable Car 太平索道
Running Between: Purple Cloud Peak Station (丹霞峰站) - Songgu Temple Station (松谷庵站)
Ticket: 80RMB (March~November), 65RMB (January, February, December)
Opening Hours: 07:00-17:00
Taiping Cable Car in the north takes tourists up to the Danxia Station directly, which offers short walk to West Sea Grand Canyon, Cloud Dispelling Pavilion, Paiyunlou Hotel and Danxia Peak. Once getting on the top, you can hike further to Xihai Hotel, Flying-over Rock and other major sites.
West Sea Grand Canyon Tram Car 西海大峡谷地轨缆车
Running Between: Cloud Dispelling Station (排云溪站) - Heavenly Sea Station (天海站)
Ticket: 100RMB (March~November), 80RMB (December~February)
Opening Hours: 08:00-17:00
The monorail ride in West Sea Grand Canyon makes the 4 hours’ strenuous hiking (from the bottom of Xihai Grand Canyon to the top) fast and easy. Most tourists choose it to reach the up station, where is near the Baiyun Hotel and Bright Summit.
Recommended Huangshan Hiking Tours including the Cable Car
2 Days Huangshan Highlights Leisure Tour (Back Mountain + West Sea Grand Canyon)
- Day 1: Yungu Cableway - Beginning to Believe Peak - Cloud Dispelling Pavilion – West Sea Grand Canyon – Bright Summit – Flying-over Rock (hiking around 5~6 hrs/7~9 km)
- Day 2: Sunrise Watching – Dawn Pavilion, Stone Monkey Glazing at the Sea, Lion Peak – Yungu Cableway (hiking around 2 hrs/3 km)
2 Days Huangshan Classic Hiking Tour (Best Highlights of the Front & Back Mountain)
- Day 1: Mercy Light Pavilion - Yuping Cable Car - Guest Greeting Pine - Lotus Peak - Turtle Fish Peak - Bright Summit - Flying-over Rock (hiking around 6 hrs/11 km)
- Day 2: Sunrise Watching - West Sea Grand Canyon - Stone Monkey Glazing at the Sea, Lion Peak - Beginning to Believe Peak - Yungu Cableway - Yungu Temple
We also offer you more Huangshan/Yellow Mountain Hiking Tours designed for different fitness and travel time.
Which Cable Car to Take on Huangshan Mountain
Unless you are fit enough and have plenty of time, most tourists use the cable cars to up/down to fully enjoy the mountain hiking and view the major spots. Since the cableways are located in four directions and connect different sites, it’s very important to get the cableways into hiking route.
If you want to firstly visit Lotus Peak, Celestial Capital Peak, Guest Greeting Pine and accommodate in Yupinglou Hotel, you can take Yuping Cable Car in the Front Mountain. Would like to hike the Western Route, view Lion Peak, Beginning to Believe Peak, Stone Monkey Watching the Sea and stay overnight in Beihai Hotel? Yungu Cableway gives easy access to those spots. If time is limited and you want to tour the essence part of the fantast dreamland, West Sea Grand Canyon, Taiping Cable Car is the most recommended option.
- Get to Huangshan Maps
- Huangshan Attractions Map
- Huangshan Google Maps
- Yellow Mountain Hiking Map
- Yellow Mountain Attractions Map
- Yellow Mountain Maps
- More Huangshan Maps
Extension Readings of Huangshan Travel Guide
- Attractions in Huangshan
- Activities in Huangshan
- How to Plan Mount Huangshan Tour
- How to Visit Huangshan
- Yellow Mountain Hotels
- Huangshan City Hotels
- Tangkou Hotels
- Best Time to Visit Huangshan
- Huangshan Transfer Guide
- What to Pack
- Huizhou Culture
- Huangshan Cuisine
- Huangshan Travel FAQs & Tips
- Huangshan Photo Gallery
- All Huangshan Travel Guide
Recommended Huangshan Tours
Top 3 Huangshan tours chosen by most customers to explore Huangshan in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 3 Days Huangshan Highlights Leisure Tour (Back Mountain + West Sea Grand Canyon)
Tunxi - Huangshan - Tunxi
- 3 Days Huangshan Classic Hiking Tour (Front Mountain + West Sea Grand Canyon + Back Mountain)
- 4 Days Best Huangshan Tour with Hongcun & Xidi Ancient Villages
Tunxi - Huangshan Mountain - Hongcun - Xidi