Harbin Weather and Seasons
Harbin, the Ice City located in the northeast of China, is influenced by continental monsoon climate. Winters there are always long and freezing, while summers are often warm and short. Springs and autumns last for a really short time with rapid change of temperatures.
In fact, the freezing winters, from December to February of the next year, is the best time to visit Harbin for the famous Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival. It’s a great time to enjoy the pure ice and snow landscapes, as well as relative activities, like skiing and skating.
Average Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Seasons to Go
- In Harbin, winters, from December to February of the next year, is the popular tourist season. Tough in January, the coldest time of the year, the average high temperature is at -13 °C and the average low at -25 °C, it is the best time to appreciate the beauty of the land that covered by pure snow. Once you visit Harbin in winter, please wear down jackets, woolen pants, snow boots, hats, scarves and gloves, or anything that can keep you warm.
- Seasonal Activities
- The annual Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival is the most famous attractions for visitors from both home and abroad. Also, visitors can enjoy the excitement of skiing and skating in Yabuli Ski Resort or Jihua Ski Resort.
- Spring in Harbin is always dry and windy. From March to May, the average high temperature may raise from 2 °C to 21°C, while the average low temperature may rise up from -11°C to 7°C. There is huge difference of temperatures between day and night, so it is necessary to take layers with you, which is easy to take on and off in the changeable weather.
- Harbin is also a summer resort for it is not as hot as other cities in China. In July, the hottest month of the year, the average high temperature is at 28 °C and the average low temperature is at 18°C. Summer is also humid, and about 60% of the annual rainfall happens in July and August.
- Like spring, autumn in Harbin is also changeable with sharp temperature changes during day and night. Usually, in mid-October, the first snow comes, and the temperatures fall above 0°C in October or early November. So please take sweater, overcoat and down jackets when it may snow.
Recommended Harbin Tours
Top 3 Harbin tours chosen by most customers to explore Harbin in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 5 Days Charming Harbin & China Snow Town Winter Tour
Harbin / China Snow Town / Harbin