Yangshuo Weather & Seasons
Yangshuo features a humid subtropical monsoon climate with four distinct seasons - warm and humid spring, hot and humid summer, warm autumn, cold and wet winter. The year-round average temperature there is about 19.5 °C. The hottest month is July, with a temperatur between 25 °C and 33 °C (77-91°F). The coldest month is January, with a temperatur from 5 °C to 12 °C (41-53°F). Yangshuo rains a lot in the early summer. And the main rainy mouths are April and May, with a precipitation about 341mm (13.4 in) and 352mm (13.8 in). The precipitation in other months is from 49mm (2 in) to 248mm (10 in).
Usually, the best time to visit Yangshuo is from April to October. This period of time boasts the most comfortable temperatures and the most beautiful Karst Landforms. During April and May, the whole Yangshuo is decorated with the freshly green foliage and rape flowers. From June to August, Yangshuo is typically scorching with strong sunshine. But the charming scenery will make you ignore the heat. In September and October, Yangshuo is not that hot like in the past few months, and the scenery is till fantastic. Around there, you can even smell sweet fragrance of osmanthus. There are lots of things you can do in Yangshuo from April to October, like bamboo rafting, biking, hiking, photography, etc.
Average Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Seasons to Go
Yangshuo has four distinctive seasons, spring from March to May, summer from June to August, autumn from September to November and winter from December to February of next year. The scenery of Yangshuo varies from different seasons. Check the below details to have a clear understanding about clothing and the top recommended activities in different seasons.
- Spring (March - May)
- Spring in Yangshuo is from March to May, with a temperature from 11°C to 18°C (52-64°F). During this period of time, Yangshuo is getting warmer and warmer. And the rainfall there also increases month by month. The weather in May is most changeable in Yangshuo. There will be a lot of rains. You are recommended to wear sweater or light coat and take an umbrella in spring. Sunglasseses, sunhat and sunscreen are also recommended in May, for sometimes the highest temperature in May can reach 27°C (80°F).
- Seasonal Activities
- Spring flowers in bloom make Yangshuo, especially the Yangshuo countryside lively and attractive. So in spring, you can have a Yangshuo countryside cycling, hiking, bamboo rafting to closely visit the fields, hills and rivers, and have a bird view of the blooming spring, which is full of golden rape flowers.
- Popular Guilin Tour with Cycling & Bamboo Rafting Experiences:
>> 4 Days Leisure Guilin Tour with Half-day Cycling in Yangshuo
>> 4 Days Li River Hiking with Yanshuo Highlights Tour
- Summer (June - August)
- Summer, the hottest time in Yangshuo, usually starts from June to August. The average temperature during this period of time is about 30°C. In summer, Yangshuo is always decorated with bright sunshine, while sometimes there may be sudden heavy rains. June enjoys the heaviest rainfall amounts during the whole year, while July and August are the hottest two mouths of the whole year. T-shirt, shorts and sandals are recommended when doing outdoor activities in Yangshuo, while a thin coat are highly advised when in caves, for it is much cooler than outside. Sunglasses, sunhat, sunscreen, insect repellent and an umbrella are better to on your list too.
- Seasonal Activities
- Li River cruise, Yulong River bamboo rafting and karst caves exploring are the top things to do in summer. When the night comes, you can also enjoy the magnificent live performance played on the water - Impression Liu Sanjie.
- Hot Guilin Tour:
>> 5 Days Best Guilin In-depth Vacation (Li River, Yangshuo & Longji Terrace)
- Autumn (September - November)
- Autumn from September to November in Yangshuo is still a little bit hot in the daytime, but it may be cold in the morning and night. The temperature is from 21°C -30°C, and the average rainfall is only about 76mm, thus you may feel cooler but drier than in summer. You are recommended to wear casual and light clothes like long-sleeved shirts plus thin jackets or windbreaker in autumn.
- Seasonal Activities
- Autumn is a pleasant season to encounter with the osmanthus flowers and golden fields. The whole city of Yangshuo is scented with a sweet fragrance of osmanthus flowers, and the countryside is decorated with vertiginous fields, especially along the Yulong River and Ten-mile Gallery. In autumn, biking and hiking are the top recommended things to do in Yangshuo.
- Recommended Guilin Tour:
>> 6 Days Guilin In-depth Photography Tour
- Winter (December - February)
- Winter in Yangshuo is from December to February of next year. The Temperature varies from 8°C -16°C (46°F-61°F). Though it is the coldest time, there seldom snows. To keep warm in winter, you are advised to wear thermal underwear and woolen sweaters. And if you want to hike or ride, better to wear antiskid shoes.
- Seasonal Activities
- During this period time, you can visit the ancient towns like Xingping, Fuli, etc. Winter is the off season of Yangshuo. The prices of the hotels there in winter are much cheaper than in other seasons. So if you want a budget Yangshuo tour and avoid the crowds, you can visit Yangshuo in winter. And if you go to Yangshuo during the Spring Festival, which usually starts from late January or early February, you can have a close experience of this most vital festival in China.
How to Plan a Yangshuo Tour
Yangshuo is a world-class tourist destination. The scenery in Yangshuo has long been reputed as the essence part of Guilin. The Moon Hill, Yulong River, West Street, Big Banyan Tree, Xingping Ancient Town, Xianggong Mountain; There are lots of wonderful places that worth a visit in Yangshuo. Usually, you are highly recommended to spend 2-4 days to explore its charming countryside scenery, marvelous karst mountain and rivers. You can take the leisurely Li River cruise to Yangshuo from Guilin. And then enjoy the famous Impression Sanjie Liu in the evening. After a comfortable rest in one of the hotels in West Street, you can spend the next whole day to explore the Yulong River and Ten-mile Gallery.
For more details, you can check at our most popular 2 Days Guilin Ideal Li River Cruise with Yangshuo Essence Tour >>
Travel with China Discovery
Vacation is near, but you haven't planned your trip yet? You want to visit many places in Yangshuo, but don't know how to plan your tour day by day? Feel trouble about how to get to and around Yangshuo? Don't worry, just tell us and travel with China Discovery. Our experienced travel consultant will customize a Yangshuo tour for you according to your needs with their professional knowledge and experience. During you holiday in Yangshuo, you will never feel troubled by the hotel, transfer, local guide, etc. Therefore, you could pay more attention to the wonderful highlights on the way. If you are interested in, please feel free to contact us>
Useful Guilin Travel Guide Info
- Top Attractions in Guilin
- Top Attractions in Yangshuo
- Activities in Guilin
- Activities in Yangshuo
- Guilin Transportation
- Yangshuo Transportation
- Longsheng Transportation
- Guilin Maps
- Yangshuo Maps
- Longsheng Maps
- Weather in Guilin
- Weather in Longsheng
- Guilin Hotels
- Yangshuo Hotels
- Longsheng Hotels
- Guilin FAQs & Tips
- Longsheng FAQs & Tips
- Guilin Travel Guide
- Yangshuo Travel Guide
- Longsheng Travel Guide
Extending Readings for Guilin Travel Planning
Recommended Yangshuo Tours
Top 3 Yangshuo tours chosen by most customers to explore Yangshuo in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 3 Days Classic Guilin Tour - Guilin Brief Vacation
Guilin / Yangshuo
- 4 Days Guilin Highlights Tour (Li River, Yangshuo & Longji Terrace)
Guilin / Yangshuo / Longsheng
- 5 Days Best Guilin In-depth Vacation (Li River, Yangshuo & Longji Terrace)
Guilin / Longsheng / Guilin / Yangshuo