Guilin Weather & Seasons
Located in the low latitude, Guilin is overall mild and humid all year round with four distinctive seasons : a long frost-free period, abundant sunshine, a long summer and a short winter. The average temperature for the year is about 19°C / 66°F. July and August are the hottest months with an average temperature of about 28°C, and January and February are the coldest. The average temperature is about 9°C / 48°F. The lowest temperature barely falls below 0 °C / 32°F. The annual average precipitation days are 166 days, and the longest continuous precipitation days are 30 days. The annual average rainfall is 1887.6 mm, and the annual average relative humidity is 76%.
Best Time to Visit Guilin
Spring and Autumn can be the most recommended seasons travelling Guilin with both warm sunshine and gentle breeze; while travel in Summer and Winter, you may meet with rainy days or chilly wind. In terms of weather and seasonal condition, the best time to visit is from April to October. However, try to avoid Chinese holidays such as the Chinese National Day (the beginning of October) and the Labor’s Day (the beginning of May), and it is necessary to check out the weather forecast when planning your Guilin tour.
Average Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Average AQI of Guilin
Average Rainfall of Guilin
Average Humidity of Guilin
Guilin Seasons to Go
- It gradually gets warmer in Guilin while most of the northern China is shivering in the early spring. with frequent and sharp intervals of temperature changes, it rains sometimes. Wearing sweater or light coat is enough, and please bring a raincoat/umbrella and a pair of waterproofed sports shoes while travelling in Guilin in case the of the unexpected drizzles.
- Seasonal Activities
- Hiking along the picturesque Yulong River with golden flourishing rape flower fields on your side or trekking up to the top of Xianggong Mountain to have a bird-view of the remarkable karst landscape can be a memorable travelling experience for you.
- Recommended Guilin Tour in Spring
- >>2 Days Guilin Ideal Li River Cruise with Yangshuo Essence Tour
- >>4 Days Li River Cruise with Yangshuo Hiking Tour
Guilin in Spring
Guilin Weather in March
Guilin Weather in April
Guilin Weather in May
- Summer is hot and humid in Guilin. The rainfall of summer is almost 1000mm, which accounts for over 40% throughout the year. And the average temperature in summer is about 35 ºC / 91 ºF, sometimes reaches to 38 ºC / 100 ºF in July. Therefore, there is a must to take T-shirts as well as umbrella, sunglasses and sun cream. Since there are a lot water areas where mosquitoes may multiply, beside sun block products, you are suggested to bring the mosquito sprays.
- Seasonal Activities
- Cruising along Li River to meet the enchanting natural scenery will be gorgeous to relieve summer heat; Having a leisure time wandering at West Street and purchasing souvenirs there can be very enjoyable; Getting to experience the exciting featured-activity, Bamboo Rafting at Li River in the sultry summer air; Watching Impression Sanjie Liu preformed by over 200 professional dancers in the starry summer night.
- Recommended Guilin Tour in Summer
- >>4 Days Leisure Guilin Tour with Half-day Cycling in Yangshuo
- >>5 Days Best Guilin In-depth Vacation (Li River, Yangshuo & Longji Terrace)
Guilin in Summer
Guilin Weather in June
Guilin Weather in July
Guilin Weather in August
- Autumn is regard as the peak season to travel in Guilin. With pleasant temperature, you can find the most spectacular landscape outside Guilin city. Traveling in this season, putting on your casual and light clothes with some long-sleeved shirts and windproof jackets would be enough. Since there will be a lot tourists during the Chinese holidays such as the National Holidays and the Mid-Autumn Festival, please check out the date and avoid travelling on holidays and weekends.
- Seasonal Activities
- Hiking in Longsheng Rice Terraced Fields to witness the golden harvest terraces; Cycling around Yangshuo countryside and enjoy the view along the riverside; Visiting Xingping Ancient Town and taking pictures at the famous 20 RMB note scene; Appreciating the historic relics at Lingqu Canal excavated over 2000 years ago. >>Learn More about Yangshuo Biking
- Recommended Guilin Tour in Autumn
- >>4 Days Guilin Highlights Tour (Li River, Yangshuo & Longji Terrace)
- >>5 Days Guilin Food & Scenery Tour Request
Guilin in Autumn
Guilin Weather in September
Guilin Weather in October
Guilin Weather in November
- Winter is chilly and the temperature approaches to 0 °C / 32°F. You can still smell the fragrance of some blossoming sweet-scented osmanthus in the early winter. It barely snows in Guilin city but sometimes the Longji Rice Terraces do for the higher altitude, and the flight tickets to Guilin are much lower than the other seasons’. In order to keep warm, you have to take thick winter jackets and woolen sweaters. Wear antiskid shoes or soft-soled trail shoes if you want to travel at Longji Rice Terraces.
- Seasonal Activities
- Snow is rare and may not last long in Guilin, but chances to appreciate winter snow on the top of mountains are possible and you can also go to the Reed Flute Cave and Silver Cave which are spectacular and stunning all year round. Wandering at Guilin/Yangshuo city, trying and learning how to cook the local food are also recommended.
- Recommended Guilin Tour in Winter
- >>3 Days Classic Guilin Tour - Guilin Brief Vacation
Guilin in Winter
Guilin Weather in December
Guilin Weather in January
Guilin Weather in February
How to Plan Your Guilin Tour
A combined tour of idyllic Guilin with the picturesque Yangshuo county and Longsheng county nearby is the most popular choice for tourists. You can either visit the attractions such as Elephant Trunk Hill, Reed Flute Cave in Guilin City, and try the Li River Cruise there to Yangshuo where you can get to experience the bamboo rafting and biking tour, enjoying the stunning karst landscape such as the Moon Hill and taking pictures at Xianggong Mountains/Ten-Mile Gallery. If you are excited to explore more, Longji Rice Terraces is an amazing trekking spot. You will get to experience the tranquility of the heavenly fairyland in Guilin. Since Guilin has become the 72-hour visa-free city in China, it's even more convenient to get there. Based on your itinerary, budget and schedule, you could plan a Guilin & Yangshuo tour for about 2 days and a trekking tour at Longsheng about 1 day or longer to get a brief or full exploration in Guilin. To connect all the scenic spots you are interested in, please don't hesitate to contact us for professional advice.
Travel with China Discovery
If you book a tour from China Discovery, our skilled driver and knowledgeable guide will pick you up at the airport or railway station and escort you to your hotels, restaurant, the pier and other tourist destinations. You won’t need to worry about the complicated transportation anymore and just feast on sightseeing.>>Contact us now
Guilin Four Seasons
Useful Guilin Travel Guide Info
- Top Attractions in Guilin
- Top Attractions in Yangshuo
- Activities in Guilin
- Activities in Yangshuo
- Guilin Transportation
- Yangshuo Transportation
- Longsheng Transportation
- Guilin Maps
- Yangshuo Maps
- Longsheng Maps
- Weather in Yangshuo
- Weather in Longsheng
- Guilin Hotels
- Yangshuo Hotels
- Longsheng Hotels
- Guilin FAQs & Tips
- Longsheng FAQs & Tips
- Guilin Travel Guide
- Yangshuo Travel Guide
- Longsheng Travel Guide
Extending Readings for Guilin Travel Planning
Recommended Guilin Tours
Top 3 Guilin tours chosen by most customers to explore Guilin in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 3 Days Classic Guilin Tour - Guilin Brief Vacation
Guilin / Yangshuo
- 4 Days Guilin Highlights Tour (Li River, Yangshuo & Longji Terrace)
Guilin / Yangshuo / Longsheng
- 5 Days Best Guilin In-depth Vacation (Li River, Yangshuo & Longji Terrace)
Guilin / Longsheng / Guilin / Yangshuo