Datong Weather & Seasons
Being a temperate continental monsoon climate, Datong has four distinct seasons with cold Winter, warm Spring, cool Summer and breezy Autumn. The annual average temperature is about 5.8 °C, subjected to the longer Winter with the coldest temperature of -11.3 °C. Therefore the best time to visit Datong is from April to September.
Average Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Datong Seasons to Go
- Spring (March to May)
- Although the temperature is rising in Spring, there are some chilly days to spend with, especially at night. Visit in this period, please prepare thick cloth.
- Summer (June to August)
- Summer in Datong is not too hot but humid, drive more water is better to adapt here. The average temperature is between 19 to 21.8 °C and the hottest month is July with 28 °C. In case of the weather changes in night, bring a light coat and long pant is advisable.
- Autumn (Sept. to Nov.)
- Autumn is the most pleasant season in Datong, with cool temperature (between 5.8 to 8.4 °C in average) and sunshine around. During the daytime, wear sweater or long-sleeve shirts is suitable.
- Winter (Dec. to Feb.)
Winter in Datong usually lasts four months. Along with cold and windy, it has an average temperature of -12.8 °C to 6.3 °C. To against cold weather, the coat, jacket and other thick cloth are recommended to take.
Datong Lantern Festival lasts 10-15 days during the spring festival after the New Years’ Day is boisterous. Many performances and traditional shows will be hold to light the festive atmosphere. Don’t miss out the chance to join in when travelling this time.
Recommended Datong Tours
Top 3 Datong tours chosen by most customers to explore Datong in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 4 Days Essence of Datong & Pingyao Tour
Datong / Pingyao
- 6 Day Datong Pingyao Tour Plus Wutaishan Visit
Datong / Wutaishan / Taiyuan / Pingyao