Shanghai is located about 130 km (81 mile) southeast of Wuxi, Jiangsu. The most popular and convenient transport from Wuxi to Shanghai is to take a high speed train within 1 hour. Also there are normal trains and buses running from Wuxi to Shanghai every day, costing longer times.Wuxi to Shanghai Transportation Map
● Train Time: about 40 minutes ~ 1 hour
● Frequency: over 200 high speed bullet trains (G & D Trains) per day
● From & To: Wuxi &Wuxi East Railway Station 无锡&无锡东站 → Shanghai Hongqiao & Shanghai &Shanghai South & Shanghai WestRailway Station上海虹桥&上海&上海南&上海西站
● Running Speed: 300 km/h -350 km/h (G Train); 200 km/h (D Train)
● Departure Time: from about 05:00 am to 11:00 pm (all trains arrive in Wuxi on the same day)
● Advantages: fast, convenient, comfortable, punctual, many choices of trains...
Useful Link: >> Shanghai Train Stations Transportation Guide
Check the real-time Wuxi to Shanghai high speed bullet train timetable below with updated train numbers, times, train tickets and fares.
Note: Train information is subject to final confirmation due to the delay of data occasionally.
● Train Time: 1.5 hours ~ 2 hours
● Frequency: over 40 normal trains (K & T & Z Trains) per day
● From & To: Wuxi Railway Station 无锡站 → Shanghai &Shanghai South Railway Station上海&上海南站
● Running Speed: 120 km/h
● Departure Time: from about 02:00 am to 09:00 pm (all trains arrive in Wuxi on the same day)
Class of Ticket
You can usually choose from the First Class Seat, the Second Class Seat or Business Class Seat on the high speed trains. While, there are three types offered on the normal train, including Soft Sleeper, Hard Sleeper and Hard Seat. learn more >>
Book, Collect, Alter and Cancel
Foreign tourists can book train ticket online or via a ticket agency, or buy the tickets physically at the train station with your valid passport. Train ticket alteration and cancellation are only available at ticket counters. learn more >>
Board & Get off
1) Prepare your passport and China Visa; 2) Get to the right train station at least 30 mins in advance; 3) Collect your train ticket; 4) Read your train ticket; 5) Pass the security control; 6) Pass through Security & Luggage Checks; 7) Find the right waiting room; 8) Cross the ticket checking gate; 9) Get to the right platform; 10) Get on your train. learn more >>
Passengers don’t need to check luggage separately. Each passenger is allowed to carry luggage in certain weight and volume, but without limitation of amount and types. learn more >>
Facilities and Service
All high speed trains in China are equipped with advanced facilities and good service, including luggage racks, air-conditioner, power socket, dining car, hot water, etc. learn more >>
Meanwhile, Wuxi sends more than 20 buses to Shanghai each day. The bus departs from different stations in Wuxi, including Wuxi Huaxi Bus Station, Heqiao Bus Station, Wuxi Bus Station and eventually arrive at Shanghai South Bus Station, Shanghai Long-distance Bus Station, Shanghai Bus Station and Shanghao Hongqiao Bus Station. The entire bus ride is around 2.5 hours.
4 days top highlights tour is the most popular Wuxi Shanghai tour itinerary. If you want to make an in-depth tour, you may use more days to visit more attractions and join some interesting local activities in Wuxi and Shanghai.
After you arrive in Shanghai, you can take 2 days to explore the charming of modern international metropolis, experience the flying speed of Maglev Train, marvel at towering modern skyscrapers, such as Shanghai World Financial Center, Shanghai Tower, Oriental Pearl Tower in Lujiazui, learn amazing city development history and see a large number of cultural treasure in Shanghai Museum, enjoy western style historical architectures along the Bund, visit local cultural icons like Yu Garden, Tianzifang, City God Temple, Zhujiajiao Water Town, have fun in Shanghai Disney Resort, sample various Shanghai food and snacks, etc.
Most Popular Shanghai Tours:
With well-developed transportation network, it’s super convenient to extend your China tour from Shanghai to Hangzhou, Suzhou, Huangshan Mountain in nearby regions, and even go farther to Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Yangtze River, Yunnan, Tibet, Silk Road and more wonderful destinations in China. If time allows, a longer holiday with different types of highlights, like Great Walls, Terracotta Warriors, Giant Panda, Li River Cruise... is an excellent idea for your once-in-a-lifetime journey in China.
Travel with China Discovery
As a leading travel agency in China who dedicates to offering high-quality China tours, China Discovery has helped thousands of travelers enjoy their trips to Shanghai, Beijing, Xian, etc., in China. Travel with us, you can enjoy worry-free tour services as well as well-organized itineraries, even our assistance of Chinese Visa application, convenient airport/train station pick-up & drop-off and transfer between all scenic spots, knowledgeable tour guide, safe & licensed private vehicle, satisfactory accommodation and dining and so on. To fully focus on the trip itself without worry any details, you can choose from our most popular Shanghai tour packages or contact us to design a memorable holiday in Shanghai, China.
Top 3 Shanghai tours chosen by most customers to explore Shanghai in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
Beijing / Xian / Shanghai
Shanghai / Hangzhou / Suzhou / Shanghai
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip