Volunteers are warmly welcome to assist in an exciting and rewarding program with Giant Pandas in Sichuan, China. Local based in Chengdu, China Discovery has taken many travelers to join in panda volunteer programs in Dujiangyan, Chengdu & Bifengxia Panda Base. At present, if you want to experience the panda volunteer life and even hold a giant panda, you could head to Dujiangyan Panda Base and Wolong Panda Base.
Latest Panda Volunteer & Holding News: People having flu are restricted to have contact with giant pandas, pandas’ food and other things, so the travelers who suffer from cold and other infectious illness temporarily are not suitable to do the panda volunteer programs and panda holding.
Check the overall and detailed volunteer info and make a real impact in saving the endangered species.
Based in Chengdu, we have the advantage to offer you the comprehensive panda volunteer experience, and Dujiangyan Panda Base is such a place to go. Dujiangyan Panda Base is the nearest place from Chengdu where you could join in the panda volunteer program and hold a giant panda.
During your volunteer program, you will learn how to rescue sick panda outside, do the panda feeding, get to know the way the cute pandas communicate with humans, and more activities to contact with panda, even holding it. After the program, you will be given a certificate and souvenir in memory of your volunteer day experience.
● Program Length: One day (8:30-16:00)
Requirements: (1) The center can accept up to 30 volunteers at any one time and the age should be between 12 and 65. (2) Being a volunteer, you should apply it a week in advance with your Application Form and Health Examination Form (valid medical certificate and signature which could apply it in your country or in China). Interested people could feel free to contact our travel consultant for more information or let them help you. (3) For pandas have keen sense of smell, volunteers should avoid using perfume or other odorous articles like mosquito repellent liquid or nail polish, etc. on the volunteering work day. (4) During your panda volunteer program, you are required to wear comfortable shoes, like sports shoes that are suitable for the work, and try to avoid sandals, slippers, high-heels, and so on. Besides, wear trousers, avoid shorts and skirts, etc. (during the volunteer program, the panda base will provide working jumpsuits in spring and winter, and T-shirts in summer and autumn for you.) (5) To well protect giant pandas, volunteers are required to be healthy, and people who are suffering from illness, like a cold, fever, influenza, and other infectious diseases are not suitable to have body contact with the giant pandas. (6)The panda volunteer program is to be delayed or inaccessible if there is Force Majeure like earthquakes, epidemic... Also, the inevitable requirement and control of the government, country may influence your volunteer program.
● Fees: All expenses of scenic ticket, scenic traffic, lunch, instructing and other management fees are included in your volunteer fee.
● Working Time
Learn safety announcement and sign the security agreement; put on the work suit and gloves, wear the volunteer pass card before go to the work place; the staff will tell the panda volunteer matters need attention.
"Honorable Panda Keeper" experience: carry out the old bamboo, wash the panda house, clean up the panda excrement, carry in the fresh bamboo, etc.
||"Wonderful Panda Tour" time: visit other panda enclosures, look around the panda base for more giant pandas and red pandas.|
|| "Regardful Panda Feeding" experience: feed the panda with panda cake or other food, like carrot, bamboo shoot and apple.
||Have lunch with the staff in the restaurant and take a break;
Visit around the base and see the cute panda if you like.
"Panda Cinema": Watch a panda documentary that shows the scientific facts about panda, to understand how humans protect them.
clean the panda house and feed the giant pandas again.
"Panda Nutritionist" time: prepare food for the panda and also make the panda cake.
|15:30 and after
Answer some scientific questions about panda through your whole days’ experience; Plant bamboo to improve the pandas’ environment; and then, finish the panda volunteer experience and get the panda volunteer certificate and souvenirs.
Panda Honorable Keeper Experience in Dujiangyan Panda Base
Note: 1. All the schedule and arrangements above will be adjusted according to the specific situations.
2. Your travel guide will accompany with you during your whole volunteer day, so don’t worry about the communication.
● Optional experience for HOLDING a panda: Tourists can hold one growing panda with 1 to 4 years old and take photos with it. In order to protect these rare animals, you must sign the Health Certificate Form, wear insulating clothing, shoes covers and gloves. Also, you need to pay extra 1800 Yuan to hold a panda which which will belong to the donation fee for saving the endangered species. (Please Note: To well protect the giant pandas, it may influence (or may cancel when the real situation is serious) your panda holding experience if you suffer from an illness, like a cold, fever, influenza, and other infectious diseases; and other inevitable factors like the body condition of the pandas, policy of the government, etc. Thanks for your understanding.)
Hug a Giant Panda in your arms
● Get Certificate: After you finish your volunteer work, you will receive your certificate and souvenirs (panda-printed t-shirt, CD, book, panda badge), issued by the public education service center. The staff will record your profile to verify completion of your volunteer work.
After that your Dujiangyan Panda Volunteer program should be put to an end. And your local drive will pick you up to your hotel.
>> 1 Day Dujiangyan Panda Volunteer Tour (Dujiangyan)
>> 2 Days Dujiangyan Panda Tour (Chengdu / Dujiangyan / Chengdu)
>> 3 Days Panda Volunteer Tour (Chengdu / Dujiangyan / Chengdu)
>> 4 Days Dujiangyan Panda Tour with Chengdu (Chengdu / Dujiangyan / Chengdu)
Top 3 tours chosen by most customers to explore in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
Chengdu / Leshan / Emei / Chengdu / Dujiangyan / Chengdu
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once enquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip