8 Days Best of China Tour
Beijing / Xian / Shanghai
- Tour Type:
- Private Tour
Our private tour features:
- Affordable & worry free;
- Just you or your group;
- 1-to-1 travel consultant within 0.5~23.5 hrs;
- Flexible departure & itinerary;
- Private guide & vehicle;
- Customizable to your needs & interests;
- All inclusive service;
- Any day you want
- Group size:
- You, your family, friends or group
- Tour Code:
- Catch the best chance to see China's past, present and future in just one go! The golden triangle cities tour perfectly blends the best of dynastic history and colonial culture, as well as the best lessons from East and West.
Price from $1,276
Trip at a Glance
- Day 1-3: Beijing
- Day 4-5: Xian
- Day 6-8: Shanghai
Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven
Great Wall, Summer Palace
Ancient City Wall, Big Wild Goose Pagoda
Urban Planning Exhinbition Center
Yu Garden & Bazaar, the Bund
Itinerary Details Day by Day
- Day 1 Beijing Arrival
Welcome to Beijing, the capital of China, rich in history and culture.
Your lifetime China tour begins with welcome from your local guide at the Beijing airport. Then be escorted to your hotel in a private vehicle. The rest of today is yours to acclimatize or explore the vast metropolis on your own.
No documents found.
No documents found.
- Day 2 Beijing ( B, L )
Today's tour begins to visit the Tiananmen Square, the world's largest plaza. Walking through Tiananmen Gate, you'll enter the splendid Forbidden City, China's No.1 palace complex adorned with imperial treasures.
In the afternoon, you'll marvel at the Temple of Heaven where the emperors worshipped heaven and prayed for peace and harvest.
After the tour, back to your hotel.
No documents found.
- Day 3 Beijing ( B, L )
This morning tour will take you to size up the world-famous Great Wall (Mutianyu section), the key symbol of China. Flexible visiting time allows you to enjoy a lifetime trekking trip (1-2 hours' hiking), or witness the breathtaking views of this man-made wonder by taking a cable car.
After the Wall visit, you'll explore the Ding Tomb of Ming Imperial Tombs. On the way back to the city, you can make a stop at the Beijing Olympic Village to take some pictures of the world-famed "Bird’s Nest" and the "Water Cube" from the outside.
Evening Ideas: try the flavorful dish of Peking Roast Duck Dinner in this evening. (Optional)
No documents found.
- Day 4 Beijing & Flight to Xian ( B, L )
Today after breakfast, you'll visit the fabulous Summer Palace, the largest and best-preserved imperial garden in China, the next 'must see' site after the Great Wall and the Forbidden City.
Then you will be escorted to the airport for a 2-hour flight to Xian, the ancient heart of China. Upon arrival in Xian, your local guide will greet and guide you to your hotel. The rest of the day is free on your own.
No documents found.
- Day 5 Xian ( B, L )
Today your first stop is to join the ranks of the incredible Terracotta Warriors, the forbidding sentinels of a death defying emperor, starting out through the silent millennia of history.
In the afternoon, visit the Ancient City Walls, the largest and best-kept city walls on earth. Strolling on the Walls is quite an enjoyable experience. Today’s tour ends to visit the Bell Tower, a famous landmark of Xian ancient city.
Recommended Activities (Optional): You can rent a bike and cycle on the wall or have a local dumpling dinner and enjoy the famous Tang Dynasty Show.
No documents found.
- Day 6 Xian & Flight to Shanghai ( B, L )
Today after breakfast, you'll visit the Great Mosque, a tranquil and historic mosque that has served Xian's Muslim community for more than a millennium. By the way, you'll stop by the Muslim Community.
Then head to the age-old Big Wild Goose Pagoda, the symbol of the old-line Xian, a well-preserved ancient building and a holy place for Buddhists.
After the tour, be transferred to the airport and take a flight to Shanghai (2 hours), world everyone knows city. Be met and transferred to your hotel by the local guide and the rest of today is free at your leisure.
No documents found.
- Day 7 Shanghai ( B, L )
After breakfast, you'll visit the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center, a must-see for all true Shanghainophiles to witness how Shanghai became a cosmopolitan city from a shabby fishing village.
Then walk leisurely around the beautiful Yu Garden, a pleasant enough, well-contained classical Chinese garden, and savor some local flavor snacks at the Yu Garden Bazaar. Later to visit the French Concession to appreciate its old French-style villas and special colonial culture.
Evening Ideas: enjoy the breathtaking Acrobatic Show in this evening. (Optional)
- Day 8 Shanghai Departure ( B )
After breakfast, head to the famous Bund to witness Shanghai’s skyline, and stroll along China's No.1 shopping street, Nanjing Road.
Then ascend the Jinmao Tower to get an amazing bird’s eye view of this metropolis. Then continue to Jade Buddha Temple to admire the largest jade Buddha in the world and exquisite religious artifacts.
After the tour, be transferred to the airport for your flight to next destination or back to home.
No documents found.
Recommended Add-ons to Make the most of your Trip
- +3 more days to cruise the world's third longest river - Yangtze River
Yangtze River, the world’s third longest river, offers a leisure cruise for relaxing and indulging in.
On a Yangtze River cruise, verious onboard culture activities are offered to you. Relaxing on deck, viewing the stunning passing scenery or exploring the world-famous Three Gorges Dam…Powerful landscape and mysterious culture of small towns along the river are waiting for your exploration now!
- +2 more days to enjoy the best scenery under Heaven - Guilin
Guilin, famous for the best mountain and water scenery, is always a hot extended tourist destination in China. With the picturesque Li River, fascinating Karst peaks, magnificent Longji Rivce Terraces and idyllic Yangshuo Town, Guilin proves to be a perfect destination to escape the hustle and bustle cities of China.
Just taking a rest in the spotless natural beauty!
This trip is from $1,276 Per Person
- 1. This price is based on a group (2 to 5 travelers) accommodated in 3-star hotel in lower seasons.
- 2. This price is subject to change according your group members and traveling time. Usually more travelers, lower the price; higher price in high seasons, lower in low seasons.
- 3. The price is valid until February 28th, 2015.
Please note: reference exchange rate of USD 1= RMB 6.04.The USD quote is based on current exchange rate, it may change according the currency fluctuation, while the RMB quote will be remained the same.
- Transportation as listed;
- All attraction entrance fees as listed;
- All meals as listed;
- Professional licensed English-speaking guide;
- Accommodations as listed;
- Domestic flights or high-speed train as listed;
- Luggage Transfers: Between airports and hotels;
- Arrangements: The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges;
- Private escorted tour only for your group members.
- China Entry Visa Fees;
- Personal expenses;
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China;
- Tips to your tour guide and driver;
- Tourist sites which are not listed in the itinerary;
- Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary;
- Excess Baggage Charges;
- Single Room Supplement.
Practical Info about Traveling with Us
Restaurant & Food
The restaurants we will take you for lunch or dinner are all designated tourist restaurants approved by local tourist administration bureau. They have very good sanitary conditions and the food is prepared fresh and clean.
Note: If you have any special dietary needs, just let your travel consultant know while booking.
Vegetarian food Requirement
Vegetarian food in Chinese cuisine culture is usually divided into 3 categories: the Monastery Vegetarian Food, the Court Vegetarian Food and the Folk Vegetarian Food. And the main ingredients are: soybean, taro powder, mushrooms, fresh vegetables and tofu (bean curd). It will be easier to find the vegetarian restaurants in big cities of china, such as: Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, HK, etc.
If allergic to some food
We suggest you to list any food or ingredients that you are allergic to and let our travel consultant know. Then your travel consultant will mark them in the guide’s itinerary, so that our guides in different cities can make some preparations and arrangements in advance.
Do our guide and driver join the meal with us?
The tour guides and driver will be at the same restaurants with you, but they will only join the meal when you invite. Sometimes the drivers are shy to join as they usually eat fast and could not understand English talk around the table, so the guide will be with you more often.
Will we be able to try some local foods during our visit?
Yes, you will. There will be some meals excluded in your itinerary as you like, and your private guide will be delighted to give you some suggestions and take you to the local restaurants, if you are interested in local food tasting. But remember, some local snacks may not match your stomach, so ask your guided for more information before eating.
We offer sedan cars, SUVs, business vans (MPV), and different types of buses. Different vehicles will be used according to different group size.
What to buy in China?
In China, there are myriads of souvenirs for visitors, and each city has its own specialty.
Some of the best buys are:
- Beijing: Cloisonné; Fresh water pearls
- Xi'an: Replicas of the Terra Cotta soldiers; Tangsancai (Tang Dynasty hand painted China); Antique Furniture
- Shanghai: Silk carpets
- Hangzhou: Longjing Tea; Silk
- Suzhou: Silk
- Guilin: Scroll paintings; China Southern Sea Pearls
- Yunnan: Mounted Butterflies; Pure tea; Dali Batik (tie-dyed fabric)
- Xinjiang: Carpets; jade articles
- Tibet: Thang-ka（tanka）(Sheep skin wall hangings)
How to bargain?
Bargains are not acceptable in big supermarkets and department stores. But in some night markets or tourist shops, you can bargain for a lower price, since the vendors always ask for very high price for a certain item. You’d better ask the opinion of the guide first, and then the guide will tell you the real value and quality of the item. Please note that when the bargain is processing, the guide will be hesitate to help as it may annoy the bosses. Just try to let the guides know you will bargain in advance.
What to do with persistent vendors?
If you do not need something from them, just do not ask for price. Some of the venders are very persisted, and if they keep selling things to you, you can simply say “No, thanks.” (Chinese pronunciation: ”Bu, XieXie”). If they do not give up, you just keep silence. Silence is sometimes useful to handle this situation.
More Tips for free-time shopping
- 1. If you think you have no desire or interest, you do not feel embarrassed to let our guide know DIRECTLY (since some of our guides are enthusiastic in taking you shopping)
- 2. Better to choose the shops run by the state when buying expensive articles.
- 3. Do not shop everything in one city, because every place has its unique local products which worth buying.
- 4. Do not feel obligate to buy anything only because the shop attendants are very kind to you.
- 5. Be smart consumers. Do not spend big money on things you are not familiar with. Do ask for shop guarantee, contacts and certificates when purchasing big items like antiques, jade, arts pieces.
- 6. Leave plenty of time for transactions. When you see something you like - buy it. Usually, you would not find it elsewhere and you would not have time to go back.
- 7. Always verify the date of antiques before you purchase them. Antiques dated before 1795 cannot legally be exported.
- 8. Articles made from rare wild animals are contraband and will be confiscated by customs without compensation.
Private tour & Group Tour
A: Private tours
- 1. Private guide, driver and vehicle are for your exclusive use; no matter you are individually, or in a family or friends group. The tour is run exclusively for you without strangers.
- 2. Every itinerary can be customized to meet your specific interests/ wishes, that is, you can choose your favored hotels, sightseeing spots, the tour length, means of transportation, budget, etc. All are free of charge.
- 3. Start the tour on any date you want.
- 4. Escort you through the whole tour. All private transfers during the tour are offered, including airport/train station transfer, hotel-attractions round trip transfer.
- 5. The sightseeing during the tour could be based on your own timetable and pace. Flexible to change at your short notice.
- 6. Ideal for people who need considerate care and assistance, such as elderly, the disabled, families with small children.
B: Group tours
- 1. Low Price;
- 2. Share a guide and driver;
- 3. Share a clean, safe and air-conditioned vehicle;
- 4. Good chance for you to meet and make friends from all over the world;
- 5. Tour date is fixed and unchangeable.
Call your guide, or if you can’t find your guide, call your travel consultant or our office immediately. All the phone numbers include in our confirmation letter. Keep the letter with your during your trip.
Note: As our Beijing office is using the different guide arranging system, so we will not be able to provide the Beijing guide information until the day before you arrival, but once we have it, we will email you immediately.
Check What our Customers Say...
Good Afternoon Laura,
We arrived home in New Zealand yesterday.
Thank you for arranging the Harbin part of our trip.
Everything went well. We were relieved to see our guide Amy and driver waiting for us at Harbin airport at 8PM in -17* C.
Amy was very efficient and made sure all our arrangements worked well; hotel, sightseeing, organizing entry tickets to venues, checking-in at the airport.
Your 4-day ‘Best of Harbin’ tour is excellent value and I will be telling my friends about it.
Thank you for your assistance.
(The following photo is shared by Pauline Dick)
- Pauline Dick‚ New Zealand , Jan.17, 2015
Below is the copy of letter we wrote to your Manager, Karen. We are very grateful to you for your wonderful Professional work done for us when we were in China.
By the way, has the gift we sent you - did you receive it yet? It is nearly 2 months. We are losing hope by now and feel that this this must have been confiscated as we sent cash. It was too complicated to send money orders or transfers to China. As explained to us, you would have to go to Hong Kong to cash it. There was no order way we could think of which would be feasible for you.
I am thinking now. We paid for our trip through Pay Pal. Would this work if we sent you something personal through your Company Pay Pal account - just for you? We really want to do this, no matter how small it is. Let us know. Also, please confirm to us your personal postal address. Where all your other mail is delivered to you. Is this the same address where you reside?
Mrs. Lena Fernandes
- Mrs. Lena Fernandes‚ Canada, Jan.15, 2015
Good morning from México!
Thanks for all. Everything was excellent.
All time, received information and immediate answers since my first contact with China Discovery, thanks for their patience and efficiency in the organizing this wonderful tour.
We would like to congratulate the whole team of tour guides, drivers and the all team of China Discovery for all the support, kindness efficiency and willingness to make this trip unforgettable, especially our travel consultant - Laura Tang, to Mr Wanlder (Guide in Xian) and Mr. Liu (driver in Xian).
I would like recommend China Discovery to any my friends want to visit China.
- José‚ Mexico, Jan.14, 2015
How Travel Experts Service you at China Discovery
"Highest Standards of Quality and Honesty" is the core value of each specialized team at China Discovery.
Eveyone in our company is working hard for only one goal, which is to ensure the highest level of service, luxury, and attention to detail from the minute you begin planning your trip, to the day you return home.
1-on-1 Travel Consultant
They are the ones you contact in person in the first place at China Discovery.
After sending us an inquiry, one of our travel consultants will get back to you within 0.5~23.5 hrs. In the next few days, he/she will be working closely with you to formulate a customized tour plan, as well as providing professional suggestions based on your travel interests, time, and budget.
Beside, he/she will keep in contact with you during your entire tour in China, continually checking if everything is going well as planned.
Get to Know them
They're working at our head office in Chengdu, get to know them now.
Local Tour Guides
They know your destination like the back of their hand.
For every destination or city you visit, there is a local tour guide to take you discover at your own pace. Most of them grow up there, and get you into the real stuff. It's their backyard and show you all the things they love. They're not only expert guides who take care of all the little details but also fellow travelers who are dedicated to help you explore in comfort and confidenc.
Get to Know them
They showcase the authentic LOCAL life to you!
Local Drivers & Vehicle
Ours drivers are professional and reliable; and our vehicle is neat and air-conditioned.
All kinds of vehicle are offered, and yours depends on the size of your group. To ensure your comfort, all cars feature air conditioning and enough room inside. Drivers are local, with years experience, taking you to your destination quickly and safely.
Get to Know them
Our drivers know how to avoid the crowds and the traffic jam.
Interested in this tour? Send enquiry now and the experienced travel consultant will answer you within 0.5-23.5 hrs.Make an Enquiry