[Important] Travel News for Expats: China travel is reopening! Travel with China Discovery and learn about where to visit & requirements for each destination! Read Details >
It is planned that there will be 10 metro lines in service in Hangzhou City before 2020, three of them – Metro Line 1, Metro Line 2 and Metro Line 4 have been operating partly so far (September 30, 2016).
Line 1 starts from Lingping in North and Xianghu in south, running through Hangzhou East Railway Station (杭州东站), Hangzhou Chengzhan Railway Station (杭州火车站) and Hangzhou South Bus Station (杭州汽车南站). If you get to Hangzhou by high-speed train, you can easily get to some top attractions by Hangzhou subway.
- West Lake: Getting off at Longxiang Bridge Stop (龙翔桥), you can get to the Music Fountain of West Lake with about 6 minutes’ walk
- Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal: Getting off at Wulin Square Stop (武林广场), you can get to Hangzhou Exhibition Hall with 4 minutes’ walk and Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal within 12 minutes.
- Hefang Street: Getting off at Dingan Road Stop (定安路), you can get to Hefang Street or Fenghuang Temple within 10 min.
Line 2 runs from Chaoyang in south and stretches to Qianjiang Road so far. The northwest section this line is still under construction and expected to operate in the end of 2017
- Xishan Park: Line 2 has a stop in Xishan Park (西山公园) which is a forest park you can have a breath of fresh air.
Line 4, starting at Pengbu Town and terminating at Qianjiang Bridge, will have interchanges with Line 1 and Line 2 at East Railway Station and Qianjiang New City, respectively.
The tickets Fee for Hangzhou metro varies from the distance.
- 2 RMB for the first 4 km
- Additional 1 RMB for every additional 4 km if the distance ranges from 4 km to 12 km
- Additional 1 RMB for every additional 6 km if the distance exceeds 24 km
- Single-way Ticket: It is valid in the day you buy it and must be recycled at the exit.
- Tour Ticket: Tour ticket is divided into one-day ticket and three-day ticket at a cost of 15 RMB and 45 RMB. As you swipe the ticket to go through the first entrance, you could take metro lines unlimitedly within 24 hours or 72 hours. The validity duration is within 6 months since the day of issue.
- Souvenir Card: Souvenir Card includes Chinese Zodiac Card issued in every new year or some other cards issued in big days. It is printed with special patterns and can be used within the period of validity. The fee is not fixed
- Hangzhou Multifunction Card: Called Hangzhoutong in Chinese, Hangzhou Multifunction Card is a regular IC card on which you can have a discount of 9% off. If you live in Hangzhou, you can apply one
1. Prepare change cashes for ticket automatic seller which accept only at least 70% new paper money of 1 RMB, 5 RMB, 10 RMB, 20 RMB and coin of 1 RMB. If you have no change cashes, you can buy ticket from ticket window.
2. The first metro train often departs about 6:00 ~ 6:30 and the last one departs at about 22:40.
3. The luggage one passenger carried should be no more than 30 kg and 0.05 m3. The sum of the length, width and height of the luggage should be no more than 1.8 m.
4. One adult can carry one kid (not taller than 1.3 m) freely and these kids are not permitted to take metro in Hangzhou alone.
5. There is no metro line available in Xiaoshan International Airport at present, but line 7 which goes through this airport is under construction.
Top 3 tours chosen by most customers to explore in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once enquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
[Important] Travel News for Expats: China travel is reopening now! Travel with China Discovery and learn about where to visit & requirements for each destination! Read Details >