Zhangjiajie Travel FAQs & Tips
1. What is the best time to visit Zhangjiajie?
In fact, it is difficult to say what is the best time to visit Zhangjiajie, as its mountainous surroundings make it attractive in all seasons. If you want to avoid the coldness here, you’d better visit between April and October. You could check the detailed information about Zhangjiajie weather on our page: Zhangjiajie Weather Information & Seasonal Activities.
2. Besides Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, are there any scenic sites worth a visit?
Here we recommend you visit Yellow Dragon Cave and Baofeng Lake in Suoxiyu Nature Reserve; and Tianmen Mountain and Tujia Folk Custom Park in Zhangjiajie City. You could check the detailed information about Things to Do in Zhangjiajie on our page: Zhangjiajie Top Attractions & Featured Activities.
3. How to get to Zhangjiajie?
Usually, there are two means of transportation to get to Zhangjiajie: by air and by train. You can take flight to Zhangjiajie from Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Xiamen, Xi'an, Chengdu, Shenyang, and Changsha. You can also take the train to Zhangjiajie from Beijing, Shanghai, Nanning, Liuzhou, and Changsha. Bus is available From Changsha. You could check the detailed information about Zhangjiajie Transportation on our page: How to Get to & around Zhangjiajie.
4. Can I visit Zhangjiajie from Hong Kong by air?
Sorry, there is no direct flight between Zhangjiajie and Hong Kong at present. But you could get direct flight to Zhangjiajie from Shenzhen or Guangzhou which are close to Hong Kong.
5. How long does it take from Shanghai to Zhangjiajie by train?
It will take you about 18 hours to get to Zhangjiajie from Shanghai. To save time, we suggest you take the flight to Zhangjiajie.
6. How long does it take from Beijing to Zhangjiajie by trains?
It will take you about 20 hours by train. To save time, we suggest you take the flight to Zhangjiajie.
7. How long does it take from Changsha to Zhangjiajie by long-distance coach?
The Changsha-Zhangjiajie Highway has been completed and opened to traffic from October, 1st of 2005, thus considerably shortening the time and distance between the two destinations from previous 8 hours to the present 3.5 hours by bus.
8. Does Zhangjiajie National Forest Park open in winter?
Yes. Each cable way operates all the year around. As a matter of fact, more and more tourists come to the mountain to enjoy the fantastic views in winter. They can also enjoy quite preferential prices offered by hotels.
9. What is the temperature up the mountain in different seasons?
The average temperature is around 16 °C. In summer the temperature up the mountain is about 27 °C while in winter it reaches minus 4 °C.
10. Which cable way should I take to get up the mountain?
There are Huangshizhai cable car to Huangshi Village in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Tianzishan cable car to Tianzi Mountain in Tianzi Natural Reserve and Bailong electric lift to Yuanjiajie in Water-Surrounding -Four-Gates.
11. How many days should I stay up the mountain?
It depends on your arrangements. Here, we recommend you 3-4 days to explore the beautiful mountains in Zhangjiajie.
12. How can I get to the mountain safely and properly?
You could book our private Zhangjiajie tours with experienced guide to explore Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. Travel with us, you’ll see the essence of Zhangjiajie without risking.
Useful Zhangjiajie Travel Articles
- Things to Do in Zhangjiajie
- Top 14 Zhangjiajie Attractions
- Zhangjiajie National Forest Park
- Wulingyuan Scenic Area
- Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge
- Zhangjiajie Hiking
- Zhangjiajie Weather & Seasons
- Where to Stay in Zhangjiajie
- Latest Zhangjiajie Maps
- Zhangjiajie Food
- Zhangjiajie Travel Guide
Read More about Zhangjiajie Transportation
- How to Get to Zhangjiajie
- Getting around Zhangjiajie
- Flights to Zhangjiajie
- Zhangjiajie High Speed Trains
- Zhangjiajie to Fenghuang
- Chengdu to Zhangjiajie
- Guilin to Zhangjiajie
- Shanghai to Zhangjiajie
- Beijing to Zhangjiajie
- Hong Kong to Zhangjiajie
- Xian to Zhangjiajie
- Changsha to Zhangjiajie
Keep Readings on Zhangjiajie Tours
- How to Plan A Zhangjiajie Tour
- How to Spend 2 Days in Zhangjiajie
- How to Spend 3 Days in Zhangjiajie
- How to Spend 4 Days in Zhangjiajie
- How to Spend 5 Days in Zhangjiajie
- Top Zhangjiajie Tours
- Zhangjiajie Classic Tour
- Zhangjiajie + Glass Bridge
- Zhangjiajie + Tianmen Mountain
- Zhangjiajie + Fenghuang Tour
- Zhangjiajie + Fanjingshan Tour
- Beijing Zhangjiajie Tours
- Shanghai Zhangjiajie Tours
- Xian Zhangjiajie Tours
Recommended Zhangjiajie Tours
Top 3 Zhangjiajie city tours chosen by most customers to explore Zhangjiajie in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 3 Days Classic Zhangjiajie Natural Wonders Tour
- 5 Days Amazing Zhangjiajie & Fenghuang Ancient Town Tour
Zhangjiajie / Fenghuang / Zhangjiajie
- 4 Days Leisure Zhangjiajie Nature Discovery
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once enquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: