Xinjiang Weather & Seasons
Xinjiang is located in the middle Asia. With a long distance to oceans, Xinjiang features in Temperate Continental Cimate. It is distinct from season to season. As a result of being landlocked, obviously characterized by an arid climate, low rainfall, evaporation, and temperature difference between day and night, and long hours of sunshine. Monthly average precipitation is about 150mmm but differs a lot due to the multiple geography in different area. The warmest average max/ high temperature above 33 °C in July. The coolest average min/ low temperature is below -20 °C in January.
Average Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Xinjiang Seasons to Go
- It gets warm and receives more sunshine in Spring of Xinjiang. With less rainfall and large area of desert, there are often frequent strong winds and dust storms. While on the prairies, you will find a vivifying spring: blooming flowers, green grassland and innumerable Cattle and sheep.
- Summer is the peak season of traveling in Xinjiang. Average temperatire waves around 25°C. It is hot in the basin and desert. On the contrary, you feel cool and comfortable in the mountainous region, such as Tianshan Mountains, Kunlun Mountains and Altai Mountains. While in Turpan where is the hottest places in China, the average temperature reaches to 40 °C.
- Seasonal activities: cruising on the Heaven Lake, Sand Therapy.
- Autumn in Xinjiang features in relatively cool temperature and frequent winds. It is the season of fruits: grapes of Turpan, honey melons of Kumul, bergamot pear of Korla and many other Xinjiang special local fruits. One interesting thing is that an adult people eats more than 100kg fruits per year in Xinjiang at everage.
- Seasonal activity:visiting the Grape Valley in Turpan.
- Winter is chilly and longlasting in Xinjiang especially in mountainous regions. Temperature in northern Xinjiang is lower than southern Xinjiang. In high elevation areas, it starts to snow from October.
- Seasonal activity:Skiing in the Altay.
Recommended Xinjiang Tours
Top 3 Xinjiang tours chosen by most customers to explore Xinjiang in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 5 Days Urumqi and Kashgar Tour
- 12 Days Silk Road Tour from Beijing
Beijing / Xian / Dunhuang / Turpan / Urumqi