[Important] Travel News for Expats: China travel is reopening! Travel with China Discovery and learn about where to visit & requirements for each destination! Read Details >
Lying on the edge of the Tibetan Plateau, Jiuzhaigou can also be arrived by driving from Chengdu, which is money-saving and full of surprises. The driving from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou is about 450 km, with many opportunities to make stops, rest, take photos and explore many different things as you will travel through Chengdu plain, ethnic region of Qing people to Tibetan habitants in Mingshan Mountains where Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong valley sit. So don’t have to worry getting bored during your driving in and driving out. There are many things to see.
Our 4 Days Jiuzhaigou Highlights tour picks up you at your hotel in Chengdu, then drives you northward to Songpan first where you will spend some time acclimatizing the altitude (2850 m) and stay the first night. You will then visit the World Natural Heritage Site - Huanglong Valley first, then move on to have a full day exploring the superb scenery in Jiuzhaigou. All the highlights are enjoyed by you.
Important Notice on Jiuzhaigou National Park: currently Jiuzhaigou Valley, Huanglong National Park and other attraction in Aba Prefecture of Sichuan are not open to foreign tourists including expats in China due to epidemic prevention and control. Please keep up with the latest news updated on our website, or contact us for real-time information and news. If you are expats in China, you can visit other beautiful places that are open to expats, such as Chengdu, Mount Emei, Leshan Giant Buddha, Kangding, etc. Find a valuable tour here >
Day 1 Chengdu - Chuanzhusi (L)Driving distance: about 310 km/6 hrs
Today after breakfast, your tour guide will pick you up in your hotel, then leave the city and drive to Chuanzhusi Town, which is a beautiful small town near to Huanglong National Park. The distance between Chengdu and Chuanzhusi is about 350 kilometers, and need about 6~7 hours to drive. Before getting to Chuanzhusi Town, you will take a visit to historical Songpan Ancient City. Check in to your hotel in Chuanzhusi Town. The rest of today is free for you to acclimatize the altitude (2900 m) and relax.
Tips for Saving Time: you can also take a flight from Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport to Jiuzhai Huanglong Airport if you want to save time. The flights usually depart from Chengdu in the early morning and take only about 1 hour to get to Jiuzhai Huanglong Airport before noon. The afternoon time can be spent to visit Huanglong National Park, which will save a day compared with tour package by driving.
- Beautiful Chuanzhusi Town
Day 2 Chuanzhusi - Huanglong - Jiuzhaigou Valley (B)Today's highlight: Huanglong Valley
After breakfast, drive about 30 minutes from Chuanzhusi to visit Huanglong National Park. Situated in the Minshan Mountains in northwestern Sichuan Province, Huanglong Valley has one of the three most outstanding travertine lake terraces in the world, which is 3.6 Kilometers long, lying under the grandiose peak of Xuebao Peak (Snow Treasure Mountain: 5,588 meters) like a yellow dragon. This is how the valley gained the name of Huanglong (Yellow Dragon). The travertine scenery was created by the thousands years of geological evolution, including glacial revolution, terrane movement, chemical reaction, climate changing, etc. At the top (3556 m) of the valley lies the best highlight - Five-Color Ponds consisting of 693 ponds of different sizes, shapes, colors, dazzling like beautiful emeralds. Huanglong Valley is also renowned for superlative sceneries of snow mountains, glaciers, waterfalls, wild forests, etc. as well as an important habitant of Giant Pandas and Snub-nosed monkeys. All these magnificences of nature helped Huanglong gained the title of World Natural Heritage Site in 1992.
It usually takes about 6 hours to hike from the entrance to Five-Color Ponds, then return to the entrance. To save energy and time, you will take a quick cable car directly to the top, and then walk down the valley to enjoy the scenery. After about 3-hour sightseeing in the valley, you will leave the park and drive about 2 hours to Jiuzhaigou to check in your hotel.
Useful tips: 1) some attractions in Huanglong valleys are located over 3500 meters above the sea level, which may cause high altitude sickness for some travelers. You’d better walk at a slower pace. If you feel hard to breathe or headache, you can go to the Oxygen Bars to rest and take oxygen; 2) Huanglong cableway is not operational in winter; 3) there is no restaurant in the valley, you can bring some food or snacks, or have lunch after exiting the park.
- Huanglong National Park Landscape
- Huanglong National Park
Day 3 Jiuzhaigou Valley (B)Today's highlight: Jiuzhaigou Valley
After breakfast at your hotel, set out for the full-day exploration of Jiuzhaigou National Park. Your guide will accompany you to hop on a sightseeing bus to enter the park to explore the fairyland landscape of Jiuzhaigou.
Having been hidden as a mysterious home to nine Tibetan villages and never been bothered by outsider until the first discovery in the middle 20th century, Jiuzhaigou is a reserve of superb and diverse natural beauty of which the waterfall and plateau lakes are praised as the most stunning waterscape in the world. According to official records, there are up to 114 turquoise pools and lakes, 47 tranquil springs, 17 groups of waterfalls, 11 rapids and 5 beautiful tufa shoals scattering in the three main valleys of Jiuzhaigou, Rize Valley, Zechawa Valley and Shuzheng Valley. They present various color patterns of white, blue, green, turquoise and emerald in different seasons. The visual feast of Jiuzhaigou also expands from waterscape to spectacular jagged alpine mountains, wild forests with multi-colors and many other remarkable natural features.
Visiting Jiuzhaigou Valley is relaxing and enjoyable. There are sightseeing buses running from the entrance to the three valleys with stops near the scenic spots. Travelers hop off the bus, walk along wooden plank roads to enjoy the sights, then hop on another bus to next attractions. Our tour guide will organize your visit route according to your time, energy and crowd level, and accompany you to explore the essence of Jiuzhaigou at a comfortable pace. The classic visit route is to take tourist bus from the entrance to Nuorilang Water Fall first, then transfer to Zechawa Valley to visit the Long Lake and Five-Color Pond, then move to Rize Valley to visit the Panda Lake, Five Flowers Lake, Pearl Shoal, Mirror Lake, etc. Lastly, get back to Nuorilang, and descend along Shuzheng Valley to the park entrance and visit Rhinoceros Lake, Tiger Lakes, Shuzheng Waterfall, Sparkling Lake, etc. on route.
After Jiuzhaigou sightseeing, your tour guide and driver will escort you back to your hotel.
Useful tips: 1) try to have breakfast and enter the park earlier to escape the crowds of tourist groups; 2) wear comfortable walking shoes and seasonal cloths based on your travel month; 3) Buffet lunch is provided in Nuorilang Restaurant (the only restaurant in the valley) but food options are limited. You can also bring some snacks or let your hotel prepare packed food for you if you like.
- Nuorilang Waterfall in Golden Autumn (October)
- Autumn is the best time to visit Jiuzhaigou
Day 4 Jiuzhaigou - Chengdu (B, L)Driving distance: 450 km/8~9 hrs
After breakfast, your tour guide will pick you up in your hotel, then drive back to Chengdu. Take a strop to enjoy beautiful plateau lakeview of Diexi Lake on route.
Optional drop off at Jiuzhaigou airport or other places: 1) By Air: if you don't want to return to Chengdu, you can take flight to Xian, Chongqing, Beijing, Shanghai, etc, from Jiuzhaigou Airport; 2) By Land: if you want to extend your trip from Jiuzhaigou, you can travel northward to Hongyuan, Ruoergai, Langmusi, even Gansu and Qinghai Province.
No documents found.
Do not Miss out Leshan Giant Buddha and Mount Emei in your Chengdu tour. They are only about 2 hours’ driving away from Chengdu downtown, and about 30mins’ driving from each other. As two World Heritage Sites of both nature and culture, Leshan Giant Buddha and Mount Emei give you a chance to experience the long history and tradition of Chinese Buddhism, also enjoy some fascinating landscapes, including by far the tallest and biggest pre-modern Buddha statue in the world, wondrous mountain scenery, sea of clouds and magnificent sunset and sunrise (if you want to spend one night on the mountain), etc. A boat trip to see the panoramic view of the Giant Buddha is available in Leshan.
Generally speaking, you only need 2 days to visit both Leshan Giant Buddha and Mount Emei together, usually traveling from Chengdu to visit the Giant Buddha first for a day, then visit the mountain and return to Chengdu in another day.
Chengdu is famous for Giant Pandas and its idyllic slow pace of daily living.
During this trip, your tour guide will company you to explore the top recommended attractions in Chengdu one by one to experience its authentic culture and history. First of all, take an exciting visit to Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding. Then move to Renmin Park to enjoy a cup of traditional Chinese tea in the Renmin Park; Learn about Buddhism culture in Wenshu Temple; Experience traditional Chengdu life in Jinli Old Street...
1. This price is for one person, based on a group of 2 adults sharing one standard double-bed room in 4-star hotel and traveling with our private tour in low seasons.
2. This price is subject to change according your traveling season, group size, hotel class, change of activities in your itinerary and possible fluctuation of currency exchange rate. If you want a lower price, you can get more people to join you, or use economy class hotels.
3. This price is only valid to March 31, 2021.
4. Reference exchange rate of USD 1= RMB 6.95. The final quote is based on current exchange rate. It may change according to the currency fluctuation, while the RMB quotation will be remained the same.
Tour guide Selina was really great, she was enthusiastic and friendly. Very knowledgable about HuangShan. Car was spacious, but we had to change vans frequently.
Hotel was okay, a little small on the mountain, but overall not bad. Understandable that it’s small. It was a lot of hard work for the people to bring hotels things up to the mountain.
We would suggest to add 宏村 to schedules next time. We thought it was really nice.
We were lucky because weather is nice. Restaurants Selina brought us to were all good. A lot of stairs on the mountains, but great trip overall.
Good evening Wonder!
The trip to Chongqing were great. The driver was good and the car clean and tidy. Perfect. Diana was also very good. Knowledgeable and willing to adapt to my wishes or needs. Very well experienced.
For further trip around China I will use your services for sure.
Hello! The trip was wonderful, both our Mr. Li and Cindy were very nice and welcoming.
1. Is your travel consultant of our company fast enough to answer your E-mail and patient enough to answer your questions?
Yes, everything was taken care of promptly, and Johnson was very flexible to meet my needs as I looked to modify plans. I appreciate the great job he did in making this a successful trip.
2. How do you comment your tour arrangements?
- Tour guide Peter was excellent, very enthusiastic and informative. He also helped to get all of my train tickets for the trip which was very helpful.
- Driver very good- no issues.
- Hotel was very good- new , modern hotel, with good facilities and very good breakfast. Location in the entertainment district was perfect for walking around at night. Highly recommend to keep this one.
- Tour arrangements were good. Morning touring the kilns and the museum was nice to see. The afternoon was perhaps a bit less organized without specific stops- would have been better to see specific galleries where shopping could be done, or going to the factory area downtown (which we eventually did because I asked to do so).
- Lunch was very good- good to go to an authentic local place for food.
- Transition to Huangshan was smooth , without issue.
- Tour guide Xia (Jerry) was excellent, very strategic in his approach to ensure a great experience.
- Driver was very good- no issues.
- Huangshan International Hotel was ok- I would say average, could be better. Location was good near the downtown. Breakfast was not very good – pretty low quality.
- Trip to Huangshan was well handled by Jerry, getting to the top of the mountain in reasonable time despite the crowds and he led me well around the mountain. We covered what I wanted to see- he encouraged us to see everything on day 1 with the weather getting worse – a very good call.
- Xihai Hotel had very nice rooms and a nice bar area. The only downside is there is only a buffet for dinner and it is not very good, but guess we had little choice. I did not eat breakfast there.
- Trip to Hongcun and Bishan the next day was very good. We left Huangshan early as the mountain was fogged over. Hongcun was crazy busy due to holidays but we saw the main sights, and then I had some time to walk around. I felt a little rushed with the schedule but still saw enough. Lunch was ok, not great. Bishan was very nice, with a chance to bike around the village areas and quiet. Xia guided me around the town on bike and then left me to bike on my own.
- Accommodation in Bishan was excellent- Pig’s Inn is perfect, and these type of atmospheric farm stays are much preferred by me and would be for other travelers. The dinner and breakfast were probably the best food I had on the trip, and having the Dog’s Bistro around the corner for drinks was an ideal setup.
- The next day was good as well. As we were running ahead on the agenda, we added Nanping, which was a quiet beautiful village to walk around, and then we went to Xidi, which was really nice and large. We spent a full morning in these two villages and then stopped for lunch outside Xidi. Lunch was ok- better than the day before, but not exceptional. Then we stopped in the Old Street in Huangshan to buy some Shaobing, and then we finished the day a little early at 230 pm. I feel maybe we could have added one more thing to see, but this was fine.
Train trip to Zhangjiajie
- No issues, very smooth transition in Changsha. Driver moved me across the city efficiently.
- Tour guide Derrick was very good, he had a few moments where we was a bit pessimistic about the weather and crowds, but he managed the situation professionally and did a great job despite the bad weather.
- Our main driver was very good, he handled everything well. The drivers we had for short pickups were less reliable- the one picking me up to go to Tianmen Mountain was late, and generally they were less friendly and reliable, requiring effort by Derrick to fix.
- Hotel (Santo Domingo) was below standard and I would strongly advise you to change to Crowne Plaza or Pullman which are much more appropriate hotels for international travelers. The breakfast looked very questionable in quality so I went to Starbucks.
- The tour to the glass bridge was very good and I got to see everything, despite not great weather. Then, we went to Zhangjiajie where weather was not great at the top but Derrick found good trails on the bottom where we could see some scenery. We then went to late lunch/early dinner which was an excellent restaurant with very good food.
- The next day at Avatar mountain was good for weather – Derrick timed the visit to be a bit later to ensure we would see something at the best part of the day. We missed out the 3rd viewpoint due to fog, but again, he found another trail for us to hike at the bottom. Again we went to a late lunch/early dinner at a very good restaurant.
- The Best Western hotel in Zhangjiajie had good rooms but common areas and food were below standard. My advice here would be for travelers to spend the night up in Wulingyuan at either Crowne or Pullman and then go into town the next morning early.
- Tianmen Mountain was totally fogged over, so I got unlucky. We did the trip anyway which was fine and I saw the glass bridge. After seeing this, we stopped for a small lunch at a wonton stand (very good) and then we went to a lake for a quick visit. Then we traveled to Fenghuang. We checked into the hotel and then Derrick arranged a dinner at a local restaurant. This food was not great to be honest, it was a bit low quality but this was the only miss. I was able to walk around the town and enjoy the scenery.
- The hostel I chose- Yunji Inn- was very nice with great views and comfortable beds and showers. Just to note cleanliness in the corners was not great so some would be turned off by this, but I didn’t mind honestly.
- After a morning to myself , which I appreciated, Derrick toured me around the town and then we headed back to ZJJ. As we got back, Derrick chose a restaurant with a view of Tianmen from a distance, which was clearly visible- much appreciated as he was thinking of me, and the food was good. Then he dropped me at the airport.
3. Are you willing to recommend our service to your people who also have an interest to visit China?
Yes, also for those within China
general opinion on us?
Very professional, well organized and flexible. This is the 2nd trip I’ve taken with you and both were successful.
5. Do you have any suggestions on improving our services?
- Guides – keep them , they are great.
- Itinerary- looks good overall, you may be able to add more villages or sights to the Huangshan/villages tour as there is enough time in the schedule. Beef up the Jingdezhen afternoon itinerary with clear visits to galleries for shopping.
- Transportation- Drivers all good except for the short trip drivers in ZJJ, train trips were well arranged.
- Hotels- As mentioned, smaller atmospheric stays like Pig’s Inn or Yunji Inn would be preferred. I think you can offer two choices to visitors- either standard international hotel or rustic stays and they can decide. In Wulingyuan, switch to Pullman or Crowne Plaza and avoid Santo Domingo, and then consider to stay there before Tianmen as the Best Western is a little beat down. Continue with the hotel in Jingdezhen, that was perfect.
6. Can we use your comments of our service, the photos or other images that you took on the tour for our websites, brochures, marketing and publicity? If yes, could you please send us some of your photos by E-mail?
Yes, this is fine. I can forward some images on wechat – this will be easier. Let me know if this is ok- just ping me- and also let me know what you might like pictures of – as I have them from all places.
7. If you had a nice tour experience, may I know whether you could write us a review on Trip Advisor? It’s very important to our company and my own career! If so, please let me know and I will send you the our homepage link on Trip Advisor.
I will try to do so when I have time.
Thank you very much, it’s very nice. the nature here is breathtaking, we just came back from cycling, wonderful
everything went perfect again, thanks, and you provided perfect weather as well
"Highest Standards of Quality and Honesty" is the core value of each specialized team at China Discovery.
Eveyone in our company is working hard for only one goal, which is to ensure the highest level of service, luxury, and attention to detail from the minute you begin planning your trip, to the day you return home.
Our travel consultants are professional, experienced and responsible, helping you from the very beginning to the end of your China trip!
After sending us an inquiry, one of our travel consultants will get back to you within 0.5~23.5 hrs. In the next few days, he/she will be working closely with you to formulate a customized tour plan, as well as providing professional suggestions based on your travel interests, time, and budget.
Beside, he/she will keep in contact with you during your entire tour in China, continually checking if everything is going well as planned.
We're working at Chengdu Bamboo International Tours, local based in Chengdu.
Our local guide in every destination is not only very friendly, enthusiastic but also very informative and knowledgeable.
Once you arrive in the destination, the patient and punctual guides will pick you up and take you to get under skin of the city at your own pace. By in-depth discovery and explanation, they’ll show you more about the history, culture, customs and authentic local life. Throughout the journey, they're not only expert guides who take care of all the details but also fellow travelers who are dedicated to help you explore in comfort and style.
Our guides are passionate about what they do, and it shows all the way!
Using our private transfer service makes you comfortable, relaxed and worry free all the way!
Our private service includes licensed drivers with many years’ driving experience and air-conditioned, non-smoking, clean and well-maintained cars/vans. Drivers are local, polite, friendly and helpful, taking you to your tourist sites, hotels, airport/train stations in safety. All kinds of vehicle are offered, and yours depends on the size of your group. Usually, we offer sedan cars, SUVs, business vans (MPV) and different types of buses, all with extra space for your luggage.
Our private transfer service guarantees you the highest comfort!
In each destination, you’ll enjoy a comfortable stay in a great location!
The hotels we choose are based on star rating, great locations, well-equipped facilities, cozy bed, high quality service and guests’ feedbacks. Choices are a lot ranging from luxury 5 star, comfortable 4 star to budget 3 star. You could decide where to stay to best suit for your budget and likes. Generally, the hotels have both Western and Chinese breakfast with a wide choices.
If you have already got an ideal hotel, please feel free to tell our travel consultants and they'll book the hotel for you.
Have good sleep in our well-selected hotels in all the destinations of China.
We can satisfy all the dietary requirements no matter you want Chinese local food, western food, vegetarian food or muslin food.
The restaurants we will take you for lunch or dinner are all designated tourist restaurants approved by local tourist administration bureau. They have very good sanitary conditions and the food is prepared fresh and clean.
There will be some meals excluded in your itinerary as you like, and your private guide will be delighted to give you some suggestions and take you to the local restaurants to taste like Beijing Roast Duck, Xian Dumpling Dinner, Sichuan Hotpot, etc., if you are interested in local food tasting.
All the dining options will satisfy your stomach!
Based in Chengdu (only 1hr’s flight to Jiuzhaigou) with more than 1360 good reviews on Tripadvisor, we always master the first-hand travel information of Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong Valley and other beautiful places in the region. We know what is the best way to visit Jiuzhaigou no matter you travel solo or with your family and friends; Our private tour packages assure you the highest standards with great flexibility, comfort and personalized arrangement. You will your personal travel consultant, professional tour guide and a private vehicle which only serve for your party - nobody else. All-inclusive tour package to let you enjoy the best of Jiuzhaigou WORRY FREE.
Jiuzhaigou is located in northern Sichuan Province in southwestern China. It is about 450 km north from Chengdu city, approximately 1 hour’ flight or 7~8 hour’s driving. Generally speaking, if you travel solo, or travel with kids, or want a more comfortable trip, you are suggested to take flight to get to Jiuzhaigou. If your time is not on budget, or want to experience more places along the road, driving is the best option for you.
A Jiuzhaigou tour usually starts from Chengdu. You can take the early flight so that you have at least a half day to explore Huanglong Valley before heading to Jiuzhaigou. Stay in a hotel close to the entrance of Jiuzhaigou Valley. Day 2 can be a full day exploration in Jiuzhaigou Valley. With the help of sightseeing bus, you can visit most of the beautiful attractions in the three valleys of Jiuzhaigou in a full day. Day 3 is for you to leave Jiuzhaigou. If you prefer a land-driving tour, you need 4 days. Day 1 is to drive about 7~8 hours from Chengdu to Songpan or Chuanzhusi, two towns near Huanglong Valley; Day 2 is to visit Huanglong Valley and drive about 2 hours to Jiuzhaigou for accommodation. Day 3 is a full day spent in Jiuzhaigou Valley. Day 4 is to drive back to Chengdu from Jiuzhaigou. There are some stops along the driving to take rest, sightsee and have lunch between Chengdu Jiuzhaigou driving. If you arrive at Jiuzhaigou from other cities, we can pick up you at the airport either.
Staying overnight in Jiuzhaigou Valley is not allowed due to environment protection. Travelers usually stay in the Goukou (Jiuzhaigou Valley Entrance) area where hotels options are flexible from 5 stars to 3 stars. China Discovery only uses those hotels with convenient amenities, fine services and great reputations. Most of them are 5-star and 4-star hotels located near the Goukou area where you can also get easy accesses to food street, shopping malls, banks, etc. We will also take care of the private transfers between hotel and the scenic area for you.
Some attractions in Huanglong valleys are located over 3500 meters above the sea level, which may cause high altitude sickness for some travelers. You can take high altitude sickness prevention medicine about 2~3 days before your tour. During your tour, you’d better walk at a slower pace. If you feel hard to breathe or headache, you can go to the Oxygen Bars in Huanglong Valley to rest and take oxygen; The altitudes of Jiuzhaigou valley is lower than Huanglong. The altitudes of most of the attractions in Jiuzhaigou are below 3000 m. With the help of sightseeing bus and rich oxygen density, the chance is small to get high altitude sickness.
Jiuzhaigou is open all year around, but the best time for travel is from June to November. The most beautiful scenery comes in late September and fade in middle November when the forests turn to colorful, waters are clean and weather is most enjoyable. Winter is a good time for photography of snow world. It is also less-crowded and money-saving. March to May is not a very good time. The weather is great but some pools, lakes and waterfalls may be dried-up.
Jiuzhaigou has a plateau climate with lots of sunny days and huge temperature difference between day and night. The temperature in spring is still a little cold and you need to prepare sweater and coat to keep warm. The summer of Jiuzhaigou is cool, and wearing a T-shirt or pants is enough. But rain gear, sun-screen and moisturizer are a must-taken items with you in summer. In Autumn, You can take a long-sleeved blouse with a light coat at day time and thick clothes at night. If you plan a winter travel, you need to wear thicker clothes, like down jacket or cotton wadded jacket together with thick sweater in it. You can ask your travel consultant for more detailed weather information and tips.
Chengdu / Huanglong / Jiuzhaigou
Chengdu - Huanglong - Jiuzhaigou
Chengdu / Huanglong / Jiuzhaigou
Start planning your tailor-made trip to Sichuan by contacting one of our specialists. Once enquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours. If you want to customize a China tour, start from here >Customize a Trip
[Important] Travel News for Expats: China travel is reopening now! Travel with China Discovery and learn about where to visit & requirements for each destination! Read Details >
“Very good experience”
“WONDERFUL 25 DAYS IN CHINA - PRIVATE TOUR”
“Awesome China tour from north east to south west”1420+ Reviews