Transfer Between Tianjin Downtown and Tianjin Port 2020/2021
There are 16 administrative districts in Tianjin, of which the urban area mainly includes six districts: Heping District, Hexi District, Nankai District, Hedong District, Hebei District and Hongqiao District. Tianjin Railway Station area is regarded as the city center, the most important transportation hub for subway, bus and high speed bullet train, while Tianjin Port is located in the eastern Binhai New Area, far from the urban center.
In the downtown area, most of the representative scenic spots in Tianjin are gathered there. Tianjin Railway Station and Tianjin West Railway Station are also located in the downtown area. At present, there are six metro lines in Tianjin. Passengers can choose to take the subway and city buses to visit most of the scenic spots in Tianjin, or to travel by high speed train or plane to other cities in China, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Guilin, Hangzhou, Harbin, etc. Especially Beijing, it takes only about half an hour to get there by bullet train from downtown.
Also, you can take an international cruise at Tianjin Port (Tianjin Cruise Port) heading for Japan and South Korea, and leaving from the city center to the port only costs about 1.5 hours by car.
The followings are detailed information on how to get from Tianjin downtown to Tianjin Port (Tianjin Cruise Port), and the transferring ways to the opposite direction.
Where is Tianjin Port (Tianjin Cruise Port)
Located in the east outskirts of Tianjin, Tianjin port is a large zone which includes 9 small ports (Hangu, Beitang, Dongjiang, Nanjiang, Dagusha, Gaoshaling, Nangang, Haihe), and Tianjin International Cruise Home port of Dongjiang Port Area, Tianjin Cruise Port for short, is where people can take a cruise, which is also the main international cruise ship port area.
Tianjin International Cruise Home Port (Tianjin Port or Tianjin Cruise Port for short) is about 70km away from downtown, located in the east of Binhai New District, close to the Binhai Railway Station, facing the Bohai Sea.
▶ Location: No. 1001 Guanhai Road, Binhai New District, Tianjin天津市滨海新区观海道1001号
▶ Distance: It’s about 70km to Tianjin downtown, 70km to Tianjin Railway Station, 1.5 hours by car; 80km to Tianjin West Railway Station, 1.5 hours by car; 100km to Tianjin South Railway Station, 2 hours by car; 26km to Binhai Railway Station, 40min by car; 28km to Binhai West Railway Station, 40min by car; 30km to Tanggu Railway Station, 45min by car.
Attractions and Railway Stations in Tianjin Downtown
▶ Tianjin Eye 天津之眼摩天轮
• Address: 天津市河北区三岔河口永乐桥上 Yongle Bridge at Sancha River Estuary, Hebei District, Tianjin
• Nearby Bus Station: Bus 516, Bus 904, Bus 910, Sightseeing Bus No.1 at Yuanwei Road
▶ Tianjin Haihe Italian Business Park 意大利风情区
• Address: 天津市河北区，东起五经路，西至胜利路，南起博爱道，北至建国道 from Wujing Road in the east, Shengli Road in the west, Boai Road in the South and Jianguo Road in the North, Hebei District of Tianjin City
• Nearby Bus Station: Exit B of Jianguodao Station (Subway Line 2)
▶ Ancient Cultural Street 古文化街
• Address: 天津市南开区，南门在水阁大街与古文化街交口，北门在通北路与古文化街交口 South Gate is at the intersection of Shuige Street and Ancient Culture Street, and North Gate is at the intersection of Tongbei Road and Ancient Culture Street, Nankai District, Tianjin City
• Nearby Bus Station:Bus 632, 633, 641, 670, 671, 804, 804, 849, 904, 908, 954, & Sightseeing Bus No. 2 at Dongbeijiao Station; Exit D of Dongnanjiao Station (Subway Line 2)
▶ Fifth Avenue 五大道
• Address: 天津市和平区成都道以南，马场道以北，西康路以东，马场道与南京路交口 South of Chengdu Road, north of Machang Road, east of Xikang Road, intersection of Machang Road and Nanjing Road, Heping District, Tianjin
• Nearby Bus Station: Exit B of Xiaobailou Station (Subway Line 1); Bus 632; 657; 685; 953 at Hong Kong Road
▶ China Porcelain House Museum 瓷房子
• Address: 天津市和平区赤峰道72号(近和平路商业街) #72 Chifeng Road, Heping District, Tianjin (near Heping Road Commercial Street)
• Nearby Bus Station: Exit D of Hepinglu Station (Subway Line 3); Bus 9; 831; 838 at Central Park
▶ Jingyuan Garden 静园
• Address: 和平区鞍山道70号（鞍山道与甘肃路交口，鞍山道小学对面）# 70 Anshan Road, Heping District (at the junction of Anshan Road and Gansu Road, opposite Anshan Road Primary School)
• Nearby Bus Station: Exit A of Anshandao Station (Subway Line 1); Bus Jinyou Line 1 (津游1线) at Jinyuan
▶ Tianjin Water Park 水上公园
• Address: 天津市南开区水上公园北路33号 # 33 North Road, Shuihua Park, Nankai District, Tianjin
• Nearby Bus Station: Exit B and C of Zhoudengjinianguan Station (Subway line 3); Bus 588, 643, 871, 872, 904 & Sightseeing Bus No.2 at Yubinyuan
▶ St. Joseph Cathedral西开教堂
• Address: 天津市和平区西宁道9号 # 9 Xining Road, Heping District, Tianjin
• Nearby Bus Station: Exit B1 and B3 of Yingdaokou Station (Subway line 3 & 1); BUS 600, 800, 606, 631, 632, 641, 643, 657, 659, 669, 673, 865, 901, 906, 800 at Binjiang Road (East) Station
▶ Jinwan Plaza 津湾广场
• Address: 天津市和平区滨江道1号 # 1 Binjiang Road, Heping District, Tianjin
• Nearby Bus Station: Exit A & B of Jinwan Plaza Station (Subway Line 3)
▶ Tianjin Railway Station 天津站
• Address: 天津市河北区新纬路1号 #1 Xinwei Road, Hebei District, Tianjin
• Nearby Bus Station: Tianjin Station (Subway line 2, 3 & 9)
▶ Tianjin West Railway Station 天津西站
• Address: 天津市红桥区西站前街1号 #1 Qianjie West Station, Hongqiao District, Tianjin
• Nearby Bus Station: Xizhan Station (Subway line 1 & 6)
Travel with China Discovery
Tianjin port is linked by Bus 513 to the Subway line 9 at Citizen Square Station (市民广场) to downtown. However, the bus only serves from 6:00am to 6:00pm and the subway runs between 6:00am to 10:30pm. Out of this serving time, you may need to take a taxi to get from one to the other. The distance is about 70km. it takes about 1.5 hours by car and costs around CNY 200. Due to the long distance, the actual price might be higher and sometimes you may need to negotiate with the taxi driver. You can choose the private car service provided by China Discovery. We will pick you up from the port and send you to the downtown safely with comfortable vehicles, skilled drivers, and professional guides. >>Contact us now
How to Get from Tianjin Port (Tianjin Cruise Port) to Tianjin Downtown
Since Tianjin Railway Station is regarded as the city center and transportation hub of Tianjin, from which passengers can easily get to most of the attractions in Tianjin city by subway or bus, and to the other railway stations and airport by subway, Tianjin Railway Station (Tianjin Station) is the first recommended arrival site at Tianjin downtown, getting from Tianjin Port.
You can take a taxi or bus 513 (6:00-18:00) from Tianjin Cruise Port/ Dongjiang Cruise Home Port (东疆邮轮母港 Pinyin: dōng jiāng yóu lún mǔ gǎng) to the subway station - Citizen Square Station (市民广场 Pinyin: shì mín guǎng chǎng), and then take subway line 9 (6:00-22:30) here and you will reach the terminal Tianjin Station (天津站) in about 1 hour. The whole duration will be about 2.5 hours.
How to Get from Tianjin Downtown to Tianjin Port (Tianjin Cruise Port)
It’s very convenient to grab a taxi from Tianjin downtown to Tianjin Port. The whole duration takes about 1.5 hours. Besides taking a taxi or private car, you can also choose to get there by subway and bus. Subway line 9 connects the downtown area with the Binhai New District where Tianjin cruise port located, and the terminal station in the downtown is Tianjin Station, you can get there by subway line 2 and line 3 too, and it allows you transferring from the attractions in Tianjin and leaving for the port. After getting on the subway line 9, you can choose to get off at the terminal station, Donghai (东海站) and take a taxi to the cruise port, or you can also get off at Citizen Square Station (市民广场 Pinyin: shì mín guǎng chǎng) and walk around 400m passing by a petrol station along Xincheng West Road (新城西路) to reach the stop of Bus 513 (6:00-18:00), which can take you to Tianjin Cruise port, namely Dongjiang Cruise Home Port (东疆邮轮母港 Pinyin: dōng jiāng yóu lún mǔ gǎng). The duration by public transportation will be about 2.5 hours.
How to Plan a Tianjin Tour
It usually needs two or three days to cover the highlights of Tianjin. You can spend one day visiting North Jiefang Road Financial Street (the “Wall Street in the East”), Fifth Avenue (Wudadao Area), and Jingyuan Garden which is the former residence of the Last Emperor of Qing Dynasty – Puyi. Then spend another day exploring the most eye-catching building in Tianjin - Porcelain House (China House), Shi Family Courtyard, a large and well-kept civil residence with unique features of Qing Dynasty in north China, and Tianjin Ancient Culture Street, where you can enjoy the special architectural styles, take folk crafts, and taste the delicious local snacks. At night, you can try a relaxing cruise (available from April to November) trip on Haihe River to appreciate the beautiful cityscape of Tianjin. If you are a hiking lover, the ancient and steep Huangyaguan Section of the Great Wall is highly recommended to be added to your itinerary.
Keep Reading about Tianjin Transportation
- Tianjin Transportation
- Tianjin Port
- Tianjin Airport and Flights
- Tianjin Train Stations
- Tianjin High Speed Trains
- Tianjin Subway
- Tianjin Airport to Tianjin Port
- Tianjin Railway Stations to Tianjin Port
- Tianjin to Great Wall
- Beijing Airport to Tianjin (Port)
- Beijing Railway Stations to Tianjin (Port)
- Beijing Buses to Tianjin (Port)
- Travel from Beijing to Tianjin
- Travel from Tianjin to Beijing
- Travel from Tianjin to Xi'an
Tianjin Tour Guide
Recommended Tianjin Tours
Top 3 Tianjin tours chosen by most customers to explore Tianjin in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 2 Days Tianjin Highlights Tour
- 3 Days Beijing Round Trip Highlights Tour from Tianjin Cruise Port
Tianjin International Cruise Port - Beijing - Tianjin City - Tianjin International Cruise Port
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once enquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: