A short day tour to explore the best highlights of Tianjin, especially recommended for those who take train from Beijing.
Highlights of this tour
Experiencing the traditional culture in Ancient Culture Street in Tianjin;
Visiting the Wudadao Area to see how the Western meets the Eastern and the new-life of those ancient buildings.
Basic Trip Information
1. This price is for one person, based on a group of 2 adults sharing one double-bed room in a 4-star hotel and traveling in low seasons;
2. This price is subject to change according to your traveling season, group size, hotel class, change of activities and possible fluctuation of currency exchange rate.
2 Days and 1 Night
You, your family, friends or group
Any day you want
Guides, Cars, Hotels & Meals
Make an Enquiry
Guides, Cars, Hotels & Meals
Full Itinerary Day by day (Can Be Customized)
Day 1 Tianjin City Tour from Beijing (B, L)
After breakfast, your guide will pick you up from your hotel in Beijing and go to take a morning train to Tianjin (about 40 mins).
Welcome to Tianjin! Your day tour start from the North Jiefang Road Financial Street, which located on the former British concession district, with many revamped European buildings of over 100 years history.
Later, move on to the Wudadao Area. It is also called Five-Avenue Area, including Machangdao, Munandao, Dalidao, Chongqingdao and Chengdudao Avenue. There are over 2,000 garden-style villas built between 1920s and 30s with different styles that showcase the modern history of China.
Followed a trip to the most eye-catching building in Tianjin - Porcelain House (China House). It is a private museum decorated with about 400 million pieces of ancient Chinese ceramic chips and over 13,000 ancient Chinese porcelain vases, plates and bowls. You’ll have unique experience in this beautiful, gorgeous, interesting, special building.
Then you’ll visit Jingyuan Garden, a Spanish-styled brick structure that built in 1921 with the original name of Qianyuan Manor.
Recommended Activities: take a cruise on Haihe
River to appreciate the beautiful cityscape of Tianjin in a relaxing
way at 19:30-20:30 (available during April-Nov.). (Optional)
Day 2 Tianjin & Bullet Train to Beijing (B)
After breakfast, start visiting Tianjin Ancient Culture Street, where you can enjoy the special architectural styles, take folk crafts, and taste the delicious local snacks.
Today’s tour ends to visit the Shi Family Courtyard, which is a large and well-kept civil residence with unique features of Qing Dynasty in north China.
After visiting, be transferred back to Tianjin Railway Station to take a bullet train back to Beijing. Our local guide will meet you and take you to your hotel in Beijing.
1. This price is for one person, based on a group of 2 adults sharing one standard double-bed room in 4-star hotel and traveling with our private tour in low seasons. 2. This price is subject to change according your traveling season, group size, hotel class, change of activities in your itinerary and possible fluctuation of currency exchange rate. If you want a lower price, you can get more people to join you, or use economy class hotels.
3. This price is only valid to March 31, 2023.
4. Reference exchange rate of USD 1= RMB 6.45. The final quote is based on current exchange rate. It may change according to the currency fluctuation, while the RMB quotation will be remained the same.
Professional licensed English-speaking guide;
Admission tickets for all attractions listed in the itinerary;
Accommodation as listed in the itinerary;
Necessary transfers as listed in the itinerary;
All meals as listed( “B” for Chinese and Western breakfast buffet in your hotel; “L” for Chinese Lunch in local restaurant; “D” for Chinese dinner in local restaurant.);
Our service charge, including tour planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
Accommodation not listed in the itinerary;
Single Room Supplement;
Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary;
Recommended optional activities;
Flights or trains not listed in the itinerary;
Optional tips to guides, drivers, etc;
How Our Teams Serve you at China Discovery
"Highest Standards of Quality and Honesty" is the core value of each
specialized team at
Eveyone in our company is working hard for only one goal, which is to ensure the highest
level of service,
luxury, and attention to detail from the minute you begin planning your trip, to the day
1-on-1 Travel Consultant
Our travel consultants are professional, experienced and responsible,
helping you from the
very beginning to the end of your China trip!
After sending us an inquiry, one of our travel consultants will get back to you
hrs. In the next few days, he/she will be working closely with you to formulate a
tour plan, as well as providing professional suggestions based on your travel
time, and budget.
Beside, he/she will keep in contact with you during your entire tour in China,
if everything is going well as planned.
We're working at Chengdu Bamboo International Tours, local based in
Local Tour Guides
Our local guide in every destination is not only very friendly,
enthusiastic but also very
informative and knowledgeable.
Once you arrive in the destination, the patient and punctual guides will pick you up
you to get under skin of the city at your own pace. By in-depth discovery and
they’ll show you more about the history, culture, customs and authentic local life.
the journey, they're not only expert guides who take care of all the details but
travelers who are dedicated to help you explore in comfort and style.
Our guides are passionate about what they do, and it shows all the way!
Local Drivers & Vehicle
Using our private transfer service makes you comfortable, relaxed and worry
free all the
Our private service includes licensed drivers with many years’ driving experience
non-smoking, clean and well-maintained cars/vans. Drivers are local, polite,
helpful, taking you to your tourist sites, hotels, airport/train stations in
kinds of vehicle are offered, and yours depends on the size of your group. Usually,
sedan cars, SUVs, business vans (MPV) and different types of buses, all with extra
for your luggage.
Our private transfer service guarantees you the highest comfort!
Comfortable & Homelike Hotels
In each destination, you’ll enjoy a comfortable stay in a great location!
The hotels we choose are based on star rating, great locations, well-equipped
bed, high quality service and guests’ feedbacks. Choices are a lot ranging from
star, comfortable 4 star to budget 3 star. You could decide where to stay to best
your budget and likes. Generally, the hotels have both Western and Chinese
a wide choices.
If you have already got an ideal hotel, please feel free to tell our travel
consultants and they'll
book the hotel for you.
Have good sleep in our well-selected hotels in all the destinations of
Meals & Dining
We can satisfy all the dietary requirements no matter you want Chinese
local food, western
food, vegetarian food or muslin food.
The restaurants we will take you for lunch or dinner are all designated tourist
by local tourist administration bureau. They have very good sanitary conditions and
is prepared fresh and clean.
There will be some meals excluded in your itinerary as you like, and your private
be delighted to give you some suggestions and take you to the local restaurants to
like Beijing Roast Duck, Xian Dumpling Dinner, Sichuan Hotpot, etc., if you are
in local food tasting.
All the dining options will satisfy your stomach!
Check What our Customers Say...
We are happy to answer your questions.
1. Our travel consultant, Vivien, was outstanding and exceeded our expectations. Due to covid travel restrictions, our trip had to be changed and postponed several times but Vivien dealt with this efficiently and respectfully despite at times having to change plans at the last minute. Without Vivien, we would have cancelled our wonderful trip. Every request we made was met and everything was highly organized and communicated with us downtown to the finest detail. The guides and drivers arranged were excellent and we felt relaxed throughout our trip.Vivien is a credit to the company and an exemplary representative.
2. Our tour guides had excellent English and were very knowledgeable. Especially appreciated was their patience and flexibility as I have a bone disease and often struggle to walk. They let me rest without complaint and went above and beyond in all regards even to Yenny ordering us some sesame rice balls to be delivered to the hotel because I had enjoyed them so much at lunch and Ellen taking us for hotpot for lunch at our request. Nothing was too much trouble.
3. We are leaving China this year and despite not usually using a travel agent when we travel, we hope to return to China in the future and will use China Discovery and hopefully Vivien without a doubt.
Vivien, words cannot express how grateful we are for everything you have done for us to ensure we managed a break away. Personally, we needed a holiday and you provided us with the most amazing trip.
Even though we have never met you and do not even know what you look like, you will hold a place in our hearts forever. You have truly been a blessing and we are eternally grateful for your patience, kind and caring attitude and professionalism throughout the last year.
Thank you so much.
I have attached some photos and you can use these if they are any good as well as our recommendations.
Val and Steve Hart
Val and Steve Hart - 2021.12.29‚ UK, December 29, 2021
Yes, thank you Rita, it was great.
Barbara - 2021.12.10‚ UK, December 29, 2021
We had a nice time in Guizhou. Everything went out well.
Christoph - 2021.12.10‚ UK, December 10, 2021
No problem we are back in Shanghai now. The trip was wonderful!
Kristin - 2021.11.12‚ USA, November 15, 2021
We appriciate all of your support for the arrangement of our trip. We had great experience during our stay in Guilina and Yangshuo. We were impressed by our guide, Steven. He is very experienced. We learned a lot from him. Many thanks for arranging our trip and thanks especially for sending Steven as our guide! Guilin was very beautiful and lots to learn. We were very impressed by Steven's professional and imformative guidance, flexibility, and sense of humor. He was perfect in English too. We will definitely recommend him to our friends‼