Shigatse Weather & Seasons - Best Time to Visit Shigatse
Yarlung Zangbo River and Nianqu River rejoin at Shigatse, and creates vast river valleys and fertile plains, which gives Shigatse a warm and sunny climate. The annual average temperature is about 6.3°C here. The average temperature of Shigatse city in the coldest month is about 2~12℃ while 10~18℃ in warmest months. Most precipitation happens during July and August.
Shigatse is suitable for traveling all year around. The best time is from April to October.
Average Shigatse Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Shigatse Seasons to Go
- Shigatse has no distinct four seasons because of less plants. Summer and winter are two main seasons. Spring is short, slightly cold. But in some valleys and plains regions, such as Shigatse city, and Gyantse, you can see a blooming spring season. Summer is much warmer with plenty of sunlight. So you’d better bring quality sunblock, sunglasses, etc. Autumn is very short with many windy days. And it starts to get colder. Winter is long and cold. It snows often in most regions in Shigatse. You have to pack warm clothes and boots.
- Seasonal Activities
- The most outstanding attractions in Shigatse, including Tashilhunpo Monastery, Palcho Monastery and Sakya Monastery, are available for visiting all year around.
Recommended Shigatse Tours
Top 3 Shigatse tours chosen by most customers to explore Shigatse in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 7 Days Lhasa Shigatse Gyantse Highlights Tour
Lhasa / Gyangtse / Shigatse
- 8 Days Classic Mount Everest Tour from Lhasa
Lhasa / Gyangtse / Shigatse/ Everest
- 8 Days Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Tour via Mount Everest (unavailable)
Lhasa / Gyangtse / Shigatse / Everest / Gyirong / Kathmandu