Most Useful Shanghai Travel Advisory, Advice & Tips 2022
1. What is the best time to visit Shanghai?
The spring from March to May and the Autumn from September to November are recommended as the best time to pay a visit to Shanghai.
You could check the detailed information about Shanghai weather on our page: Shanghai Weather & Seasonal Activities.
2. What to See in Shanghai?
There are lots of popular tourist sites and some hidden sites to explore in Shanghai, like the Bund, Nanjing Road, Yu Garden & Bazaar, Former French Concession, Shanghai Oriental Pearl Tower, Shanghai Tower, World Financial Center, Shanghai Disney Resort, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center, People's Sqaure, Shanghai Museum, Jade Buddha Temple, Xintaindi, Tiandifang, Zhujiajiao Water Town, etc.
You could check Things to Do in Shanghai with the most popular attractions for your Shanghai sightseeing trip.
3. Is it possible for us to try Shanghai Maglev from Pudong Airport to Longyang Road Station on our arrival in Shanghai from Guilin? Can you arrange this with the local tour in Shanghai?
Yes. Shanghai Maglev Train connects Shanghai Pudong Internationa Airport (PVG)and Longyang Road Station. With a top speed of 431 km/h, it shortens the 30 km distance into just 8 minutes train journey.
The Maglev Train departs between about 07:0-21:40. If you want to experience the world's fastest train, please contact us to arrangle one for your.
You could check Shanghai Maglev Train to know more about the Maglev Train speed, station, map, operational hours, ticket and interesting facts.
4. Will language barrier be a problem for a Shanghai tour?
Shanghai is a highly internationalized metropolis. The language barrier should not be a problem during your trip to Shanghai. Your Shanghai local tour guide will be able to speak English, and act as translators. Most of Shanghai's hotels staff members can speak English, and a few major restaurants and stores will have at least one employee who is able to speak English.
5. What are the requirements for Shanghai 144 Hours Visa Free Transit?
Shanghai offers 144 Hours Visa Free Transit for visitors who qualified for the following requirements:
- - Hold valid passport (with a validity of 3 months at least) from appointed 53 foreign countries, including US, UK, Canada, Australia, etc;
- - Hold connecting flight/train/cruise ticket to a third country (or region) with confirmed seat and date within 144 hours;
- - Enter Shanghai from one of the 5 ports: Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport, Shanghai Pudong International Airport, Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal, Shanghai Wusongkou International Cruise Terminal and Shanghai Railway Station.
- - Exit China from any of the 5 above mentioned ports or from Hangzhou Xiaoshan Internatioanl Airport, Nanjing Lukou International Airport or Ningbo Lishe International Airport.
6. What are the 53 countries eligible for Shanghai's 144 Hour Visa Free Transit?
Europe (39 countries): Austria, Belgium, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland; Russia, United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania, Monaco and Belarus.
America (6 countries):United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, the Republic of Chile.
Oceania (2 countries): Australia, New Zealand;
Asia (6 countries): South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar.
7. How to apply this the 144 Hour Transit Visa Free?
If you are citizens of one of the above 53 countries, you could ask for help from the staff of your international airline which transit in Shanghai. The staff will help handle this application by reporting to related airport immigration control departments Shanghai. After landing in Shanghai airport, you just need to go through a few simple steps to get the visa exemption and a Temporary Entry Permit to leave the airport and visit Shanghai.
Find more detailed requirements, application guide and important notes from our Shanghai Visa Free Transit Policy.
8. Any other cities providing the 144 Hours Visa Free Transit Policy in China?
Yes, there are totally 20 cities in China have implemented this special privilege, including Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Qingdao, etc.
Read China 144 Hour Visa to know more available cities for a visa-free layover in China!
9. What are the currency and banking services in Shanghai like?
Online payment through Alipay and Wechat is very common and popular in China. However, for foreigners, it is not inconvenient, so we highly recommend you exchange some Chinese Yuan (RMB). In Shanghai, the banking services are highly advanced so visitors should have no problem exchanging money. Visitors can exchange any amount of money at the Pudong Development Bank, the Pudong Airport, or at any of the Bank of China locations. There are a large number of ATM machines located around the city, and most major ATM cards can be used in them.
- China Tours from Shanghai
- Top Shanghai Tours
- Shanghai Layover Tours
- Shanghai Day Tours
- Top 6 Shanghai Vacation Packages
- Weekend Trips from Shanghai
- Beijing Shanghai Tours
- Beijing Xian Shanghai Tours
- Beijing Xian Guilin Shanghai Tours
- Shanghai Xian Tours
- Shanghai Yangtze River Tour
- Shanghai Suzhou Hangzhou Tours
- Shanghai Suzhou Tours
- Shanghai Hangzhou Tours
- Shanghai Huangshan Tours
- Shanghai Mt. Jiuhua Tour
- Shanghai Mt. Putuo Tour
- Shanghai Guilin Tours
- Shanghai Zhangjiajie Tours
- Shanghai Dunhuang Tours
- Hong Kong Shanghai Tours
Keep Reading About Shanghai Tours
- Shanghai Travel Guide
- Shanghai Trip Planner
- Shanghai Transportation
- Shanghai 144h Visa-free Transit
- Things to Do in Shanghai
- Shanghai Nightlife
- Shanghai Family-Friendly Activities
- Shanghai Food & Restaurants
- Shanghai Weather & Seasons
- Shanghai Maps
- Where to Stay in Shanghai
- Budget Shanghai Hotels
- Comfortable Shanghai Hotels
- Luxury Shanghai Hotels
Shanghai Travel Guide
Keep Reading About Shanghai Attractions
- Shanghai Attractions
- Top Places to Visit in Shanghai
- Shanghai Skyline
- Top Museums in Shanghai
- Top Parks in Shanghai
- The Bund
- Yu Garden & Bazaar
- Huangpu River Cruise
- Nanjing Road
- Zhujiajiao Ancient Town
- Shanghai Museum
- Shanghai Disney Resort
- Shanghai Oriental Pearl Tower
- Shanghai Xintiandi
- Shanghai Circus World
- Shanghai Tower
Recommended Shanghai Tours
Top 3 Shanghai city tours chosen by most customers to explore Shanghai in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: