There are two cableways on Mount Huashan – West Peak Taiping Cableway and North Peak Sante Cableway. They are located at different locations, and serve for different regions and sightseeing routes. Their prices are also quite different. Both West Peak Taiping Cableway and North Peak Sante Cableway can help tourist save a lot of time and energy. You may be wondering which cableways to choose? What are the prices? How to book cable car tickets? Here is the complete guide!Huashan Cable Cars Maps
Location: Wengyu Scenic Area at the foot of Mount Huashan, about 19 km from Huashan Tourist Center渭南市华阴市玉泉路南段华山风景名胜区瓮峪景区内
Running between: West Peak Cable Way Down Station 西峰索道下站 ⇄ West Peak Cableway Up Station西峰索道上站
(One-way)Ticket: 140RMB（Peak, Shoulder Seasons: March ~ November); 120RMB (Winter: January, February, December)
(One-way)Ticket: 280RMB（Peak, Shoulder Seasons: March ~ November); 240RMB (Winter: January, February, December)
Length & Duration: about 4211 m, 20 minutes
Opening Hours: 07:00 am - 19:00 pm（Peak, Shoulder Seasons: March ~ November); 08:00 am - 17:00 pm (Winter: January, February, December)
Nearby Attractions: West Peak, South Peak, Plank Road in the Sky
1) West Peak Cable Car transports you directly to the top area of Mount Hua where you can reach the summits of West Peak and South Peak in 30mins, and reach summit of East Peak in 40mins, which will save a lot of time and energy for you (it takes about 5~6hrs to get to the East Peak by walking , and 3hrs by North Cableway + walking);
2) Hanging over 900 meters above the valley, West Peak Cable Car offers amazing view of the peaks and valleys of Mount Huashan.West Peak Sante Cableway
Huashan West Peak Taiping Cableway is the world's first undulating one-way detachable cableway that was built by digging through the cliff with intermediate stations. Invested with over 500 million Yuan, the cableway is equipped with imported equipment from POMA Company in France and adopts a safety and operating system applied with the most advanced passenger cableway technologies. The automatic digital control system is at world's leading level. The lower station of the cableway is established at the Entrance of East Furrow inside Wengyu Valley, the intermediate station at the Baique Temple of Xianyu Valley, and the upper station within the underground chamber inside the precipice in the south side of Mighty Miracle God's Foot of West Peak of Huashan Mountain. The diagonal length of the cableway route is 4211 meters, with relative height of 894 meters; and the cableway has 28 supports and 84 passenger compartments. The distance between each 8-person compartment is 115 meters, the maximal travelling speed of the compartment is 6 meters /second, and the one-way passenger volume is 1500 persons/hour. The poetic and picturesque scenery along the cableway includes Horse-harnessing Pillar, Gold Turtle Bowing to Three Dukes, and Baique Temple and so on.
Recommended Huangshan Hiking Tours with West Peak Cableway
Location: Wamiaogou at the foot of Mount Huashan, about 7.5km from Huashan Tourist Center 渭南市华阴市华山风景名胜区瓦庙沟内
Running between: North Peak Cable Way Down Station 北峰索道下站 ⇄ North Peak Cableway Up Station北峰索道上站
(One-way) Ticket: 80RMB（Peak, Shoulder Seasons: March ~ November); 45RMB (Winter: January, February, December)
(Round-way) Ticket: 150RMB（Peak, Shoulder Seasons: March ~ November); 80RMB (Winter: January, February, December)
Length & Duration: about 1525m, 10 mins
Opening Hours: 07:00 am - 20:00 pm（Peak, Shoulder Seasons: March ~ November); 08:00 am - 18:00 pm (Winter: January, February, December)
Neareby sites: North Peak, Canglong Mountain, Jinsuo Pass, East Peak, North Peak
1) North Peak Cable Car transports you directly to North Peak where you can walk about 1.5hrs to get to East Peak, then South Peak and West Peak. It is more recommended than hiking all the way;
2) North Peak Cableway is cheaper than West Peak Cableway (it’s shorter and relatively older);
3) North Peak Cableway is only about 15mins driving from the tourist center.North Peak Sante Cableway
North Peak Sante Cableway was put into operation on April 10, 1996. The whole cableway system was imported from Doppelmayr in Austria, one of the best cableway producers in the world. It is a single-line rotative cableway with a total length of 1525 meters and a height difference of 755 meters. Each cable car is seated, allowing six passengers to sit in. The whole system is controlled by computer and can be re-routed once every 5-10 minutes. The one-way passenger traffic of the cableway is 1000 passengers per hour. It has the only ambulance ropeway in China. Huashan Sante ropeway has been in safe operation for 23 years. In 2011, it was rated as the first 5S (five-star) ropeway in China. Taking the North Peak Sante Cableway up and down Huashan, not only avoid the hardship of hiking and climbing, but also saves the most precious time for travellers and makes Huashan accessible for the elderly and children. You can also enjoy the beautiful scenery of Huashan along from the cable car.
Recommended Huangshan Hiking Tours with North Peak Cableway
Actually, choosing West Peak Taiping Cableway doesn’t mean you have to give up the North Peak Sante Cableway. Choose which cable car to ride is depending on your time schedule and interests.
1) If you don’t want too many walking, and only want to explore the best highlights of Mount Hua, we suggest you take the West Peak Cable cars up and down.
2) If you want to explore most of the highlights of Mount Hua, we suggest you take the West Peak Cable Car up the mountain, then descend by the North Peak Cable Car, or the opposite way.
3) If you want to save money and want more hiking, you can walk up to the summits of Mount Hua, then take West Peak Cable Car down the mountain.
Top 3 Mount Huashan tours chosen by most customers to explore Mount Huashan in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
Xian / Mount Huashan
Xian / Mount Huashan / Xian
Beijing / Xian / Mount Huashan
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once enquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip