- Reviewed on January 6, 2020
This is my second arranged trip with China Discovery and I can't be more satisfied! Personally I think China Discovery offered one of the best customised English private tour, with the highlights being experiencing firsthand the local cultures from fluent English-speaking local guide from the area.
From our first trip, Echo, our travel consultant has been amazing and very helpful in finding and arranging the best fit. Our flight from Indonesia to Kunming has been a tricky one (we book by ourselves directly with the airlines), with the flight schedules changing constantly and even up to the last 3 days prior to the trip. And yet Echo has helped us seamlessly, fast and effective in setting up our changed itineraries up to the accommodation, guides, as well as city trips. She is very accommodating as well with our customised requests, being a big family group with children and different types of experience demands, the email threads between us can go up to 50 as we emailed back and forth with the changes and customised arrangements!
And the trip itself was very memorable, being Yunnan in winter is close to paradise. The nature at its raw, the cold weather, the less touristy feel as it is a low season in China, as well as the ancient towns vibe and local experiences we got to enjoy were especially precious. The local guides arranged for us in each city were also very helpful, knowledgable, passionate, and patient. Some of them are original local people of the town, which allow them to give us the full experience that only locals know! Be it visiting the local market, trying out the area's special cuisine served by locals, visiting the local workshop of local specialties, all of that is made possible through China Discovery.
One of the difficulties we found in Yunnan region is that very little people there speaks English, even at renowned 5-star international resort hotel, the staff did not speak English. Surprisingly our hotel in Shangri-La is the one with best English speaking staffs (albeit the most rural town of the four cities we visit). We are very grateful to have our guides helping us overcoming this huge language barrier.
China Discovery also takes very good care of us during the trip. One of our members got sick during the trip and ended up having to go to the hospital for checkup. At that time, China Discovery helps us to arrange another guide to help him with the hospital while the others continue on with the city trip. They even took consideration to give back the portion of his tour fees that were supposed to be used for tickets, because he did not go.
Such consideration and to go all the way to make us feel welcomed and cared for, as well as the authentic experiences offered makes our visit to China really worth it. I would definitely recommend China Discovery as the go-to tour for China, and if I were to have the chance to visit the other regions of China some time in the future, I would trust all the arrangements to China Discovery!
Most Valuable Reviews Our Customers listed on TripAdvisor
- Best Tour Ever Organized by Wendy Dan.
- 69-day Private Tour to Discover a lot of China
- 2 Week Family Vacation in China
- Xian, Terracotta Warriors, Using High Speed Train
- Fantastic 2 Weeks around China
- Mt. Huangshan and Anhui Villages 3 Day Tour
- Private Family Tour of Beijing, Sichuan and Xian
- Solo Tour (Beijing/Xian/Yunnan/Yangtze/Beijing)
More City Reviews from Our Customers
- All Beijing Travel Reviews
- All Xian Travel Reviews
- All Shanghai Travel Reviews
- All Guilin Travel Reviews
- All Chengdu Travel Reviews
- All Zhangjiajie Travel Reviews
- All Yunnan Travel Reviews
- All Huangshan Travel Reviews
- All Yangtze River Travel Reviews
- All Tibet Travel Reviews
- All Silk Road Travel Reviews
- All Shanxi Travel Reviews
Amazing Travel Stories
Besides the origin feedback telling their satisfaction about their travel, some customers also nicely shared their travel stories in details. You can read their stories and seek for more inspiration.
“Only You” - Couple’s Resounding 69 Days Private China Journey
Elie & Marie has successfully enjoyed their wonderful and romantic 10 week couple's private vacation and experienced a lot of interesting things in 32 destinations around vast China!
- Elie (Belgium)
- (69 Days) 2019.09.04~2019.11.11
- Beijing - Hohhot - Datong - Pingyao - Luoyang - Xian - Jiayuguan ... Chengdu - Yangtze - Zhangjiajie - Yunnan - Guilin... Hangzhou - Shanghai
North American English Teachers’ China Trips to Visit Their Students off Internet
We customized three big group China trips for tens of VIPKid English teachers and their family members to visit Xian, Shanghai, etc. from Beijing and meet their students off Internet in China in 2019!
- VIPKid Teachers (USA/Canada)
- (9-21 Days) 2019
- Beijing - Xian - Shanghai - Suzhou –Shanghai - Hangzhou - Huangshan... Yangtze Cruise...Chengdu - Beijing
Winston's Couple Tour to 9 Cities around China plus Yangtze Cruise
Winston and his wife have traveled to many world places during the past 21 years and experienced the best vacation this time to explore China's west and east, north and south parts!
- Winston (USA)
- (22 Days) 2019.05.17~2019.6.07
- Beijing - Xian - Lhasa - Chengdu - Guilin - Longsheng - Yangshuo - Chongqing - Yangtze River Cruise - Yichang - Shanghai - Suzhou - Beijing
Warm People, Warm the World - Annual Tibet Trip for Love Sharing
Jack and their partners would get back to Tibet from the distant USA every year, and until now, they’ve visited Tibet for 6 times. Every time, they had wonderful time enjoying the highlights of Tibet, and helped the blind, brought them hope of life and encouraged them.
- Jack (USA)
- (6 Times) 2013~2019
Rachel Grant’s Panda Volunteer Experience in Dujiangyan
The distinctive black and white animal is a national treasure in China and one of the rarest, most endangered bears in the world. A one-on-one encounter with a giant panda is a bucket list highlight and a must-do when you are in China. The time I spent witnessing such human dedication is truly eye-opening...
- Panda Volunteer Star: Ms. Rachel Grant (British)
- Chengdu - Dujiangyan
Returning Hometown to Regain Adopted Daughter's Confidence
Lawson's Family had an amazing family China tour with their two adopted daughters from China and touchingly helped their adopted ethnic little girl regain confidence.
- Lawson (UK)
- (19 Days) 2018.10.17~2018.11.04
- Shenzhen - Xiamen - Yongding - Guangzhou - ... - Yangshuo - Guilin - Chengdu - Hangzhou - Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai