Qingdao Weather & Seasons - Best Time to Visit Qingdao
Located in the south end of Shandong Peninsula, Qingdao has a temperate monsoon climate with distinct marine features, which is influenced by its oceanic environment and southeast monsoon. The average annual temperature is around 12.6 °C. The very hot weather is rare in Qingdao. Even in August, the hottest month, its average temperature is just around 25 °C.
The best time for Qingdao tours and seashore swimming last from March to November, especially at the tale of August when the sea water is mild. However, as a coastal city, it is pleasant to visit Qingdao any time.
Average Qingdao Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Qingdao Seasons to Go
- Spring in Qingdao is full of sunshine, but changes of temperature are frequent. You can take a thick coat with you in case of the cooler weather in early morning and evening.
- Seasonal Activities
Cherry Blossom Festival, which held in Zhongshan Park, usually lasts half month from the middle of April to early May. You can enjoy the beauty of Cherry blossoms and excellent performances.
- Under the influence of monsoon, summer in Qingdao, from June to September, is hot and humid with occasional heavy showers. August, with the average temperature of 25 °C, is the best time for enjoying the beach and swimming.
- Seasonal Activities
While vising Qingdao in summer, you can experience many kinds of water activities, such as swimming, sailing, surfing, diving and boating. Enjoying the local seafood and beer is also a wonderful choice to end up a day tour.
Furthermore, you can take part in the International Beer Festival, which begins on the second Saturday in August and lasts for about 16 days. You will appreciate the enthusiasm of the locals, all the best beers and marvelous shows there.
- From October to November, the weather of Qingdao is always cool with plenty of sunshine. So it is a good time for outdoor activities for less rain, fresh air and pleasant weather during that time. If visiting Qingdao in autumn, you don’t miss a trip to Laoshan, where you can appreciate the colorful scenery of the mountain, since the leaves turn red, orange, gold, yellow and purple.
- In Qingdao, winter is quite long, from December to early April. It is cold with frosty nights and strong winds. The temperature often fall below 0 °C, and the coldest days are usually in January. Though it is snow sometimes, it is generally dry during this season.
Recommended Qingdao Tours
Top 3 Qingdao tours chosen by most customers to explore Qingdao in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 6 Days Best of Shandong Tour
Jinan / Mount Tai / Qufu / Qingdao