Jinan Weather & Seasons - Best Time to Visit Jinan
Jinan is located in the warm temperate continental monsoon zone, and it belongs to the temperate monsoon climate. It is characterized by distinct monsoon and four distinct seasons. It is dry and less rainy in spring, warm and rainy in summer, cool and dry in autumn, and cold and less snowy in winter. The annual average temperature is 13.8 ℃, and the frost-free period is 178 days. January is the coldest and driest month, with a mean temperature of −0.4 °C (31.3 °F) and 5.7 millimeters (0.22 in) of equivalent rainfall. July is the hottest and wettest month, the corresponding numbers are 27.5 °C (81.5 °F), and 201.3 mm (7.93 in). The average annual precipitation is 685 mm, and the city receives 2,547 hours of bright sunshine annually.
Best Time to Visit Jinan
The best time to visit Jinan and appreciate the springs and lakes is from March to May and September to early November, namely the spring and autumn, and the rainfall is usually concentrated in July and August.
Average Jinan Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Jinan Seasons to Go
- ❀ Average Temperature: 4°C~27°C, cold to comfortable, dry and windy
- It's still chilly and dry in the early spring in March. Since April, it's getting comfortable and warm. The rising temperature wakes up the vegetation planted in the city, and it's also a season to see blooming flowers and green willow branches in parks of Daming Lake, Baotu Spring Park, Heihu Spring Park, etc.
- Seasonal Activities
- Visiting Baotu Spring Park, Daming Lake, Heihu Spring, and Qianfoshan (Thousand-buddha Cliff Statues), Linyan Temple
- • What to Wear: It is recommended to wear shirts, long skirts, and thin sweaters, windbreakers, casual clothes, jackets.
- ✔ Popular Jinan Tour: 2 Days Jinan City of Springs Tour
Baotu Spring Lake and Daming Lake in Spring
Jinan Weather in March
- Max Temperature: 13.3°C / 56°F
- Min Temperature: 3.9°C / 39°F
- Monthly Sunshine Hours: 212.8h
- Rainfall: 15.3 mm
- Rainy Days: 3.9 days
- Sunrise: 6:00am-6:43am
- Sunset: 6:05pm-6:32pm
Jinan Weather in April
- Max Temperature: 21.6°C / 71°F
- Min Temperature: 11.3°C / 52°F
- Monthly Sunshine Hours: 242.9h
- Rainfall: 27.4 mm
- Rainy Days: 5.1 days
- Sunrise: 5:20am-5:59am
- Sunset: 6:33pm-6:58pm
Jinan Weather in May
- Max Temperature: 27.1°C / 81°F
- Min Temperature: 16.8°C / 62°F
- Monthly Sunshine Hours: 275.2h
- Rainfall: 46.6 mm
- Rainy Days: 6.5 days
- Sunrise: 4:55am-5:19am
- Sunset: 6:59pm-7:24pm
- ☂ Average Temperature: 22°C~32°C, hot and rainy
- Summer is relatively hot during the daytime, and rainfall mainly occurs in July and August. You can escape the sultriness in Jinan and relax yourself by various springs, pools, with beautiful red carps and blooming lotus flowers by Daming lake. In summer, Jinan also offers various snacks, going to the Furong ancient street to hunt for food is also a good choice.
- Seasonal Activities
- Enjoying Lotus flowers by Daming Lakeside, Visiting Baotu Spring Park, Heihu Spring, and Linyan Temple, Joining Lotus Flower Cultural Festival at Daming Lake, Having Local Snacks at Furong Ancient Street
- • What to Wear: It is recommended to wear a sunblock shirt, sunhat, sunglasses, cotton and linen shirts, thin skirts, thin T-shirts, and other breathable clothes, and a raincoat or umbrella always.
- ✔ Popular Jinan Tour: 4 Days Jinan Mount Tai Qufu Cultural Tour
Daming Lake in Summer
Jinan Weather in June
Jinan Weather in July
Jinan Weather in August
- ☀ Average Temperature: 4°C~27°C, pleasantly cool to cold
- Autumn is the best season to visit Jinan with the most comfortable temperature from September to mid-October. Besides having some leisure time by the springs and lakes and having the traditional Jinan tea, you can also go hiking on the fall leaves interspersed Mt. Qianfoshan, visiting the giant Buddha statues and other ancient caves on the mountain. Since late October, the temperature drops a lot and sometimes you need to put on sweaters and winter coats.
- Seasonal Activities
- Jinan Chrysanthemum Festival, Visiting Temples and Parks, Photography
- • What to Wear: It is recommended to wear shirts, long skirts and thin sweaters, windbreakers, casual clothes, jackets, sneakers for the early autumn, and coats and sweaters, gloves in the late autumn.
- ✔ Popular Jinan Tour: 6 Days Best of Shandong Tour (Jinan/Mount Tai/Qufu/Qingdao)
Mt Jiuru and Mt Qianfoshan in Autumn
Jinan Weather in September
Jinan Weather in October
Jinan Weather in November
- ☃ Average Temperature: 0°C~7°C, cold and dry
- It's very cold in winter in Jinan, and it snows in a few days from November to early April. However, since the first day of the Chinese lunar new year, an exhibit of beautiful lanterns at Baotu Spring Park will be held every year with multiple folk activities to participate in. If you are sensitive to the coldness, you can stay indoors to appreciate its history and culture at Shandong Museum.
- Seasonal Activities
- Joining Baotu Spring Lantern Festival, Visiting Shandong Museum, Visiting Daming Lake and Baotu Spring
- • What to Wear: It is recommended to wear winter coats, gloves, scarfs, leather jackets, down coats, woolen hats, sweaters, hiking shoes, snow boots, etc.
- ✔ Popular Jinan Tour: 10 Days Beijing Shandong Tour by Bullet Train (Beijing/Jinan/Mount Tai/Qufu/Qingdao)
Daming Lake and Hehui Spring Park in Winter
Jinan Weather in December
Jinan Weather in January
Jinan Weather in February
How to Plan Your Jinan Tour
How to Get to Jinan: You can fly to Jinan from Shanghai, Xian, Guangzhou, Datong or take high speed train from Beijing, Shanghai and other Chinese cities.
Best Time to Visit Jinan: May, September and October when temperature is moderate comfortable and weather is probably good.
Top Attractions to Visit in Jinan: Baotu Spring Park, Daming Lake, Thousand Buddha Mountain, Shandong Museum …
Jinan, the capital city in central Shandong, is the famous “City of Spring” in China hiding numerous natural springs and picturesque city landscape. 1 day is suitable for visiting major spots in Jinan. But tourists usually take 4 to 5 days to travel Jinan with the best highlights in Shandong, including the sacred Mount Tai, hometown of Confucius - Qufu and beautiful coastal city - Qingdao.
During your day trip in Jinan, you can conveniently visit several attractions together in the city center, such as the Baotu Spring Park, Daming Lake, Black Tiger Spring and Spring City Square. In Jinan, it’s also a good idea to learn the local culture and history in the Shandong Museum and make a leisurely hike on the Thousand Buddha Mountain. Next, you can take 1 full day to climb the Mount Tai and another day to worship the Confucianism in the “San Kong” of Qufu. While in Qingdao, you may spare leave 2 days to immerse in the mind-blowing seaside scenery and experience the energetic Tsingtao Beer.
✔ 2 Days Classic Jinan Spring City Tour
✔ 4 Days Jinan Mount Tai Qufu Cultural Tour
✔ 4 Days Qingdao Qufu Mount Tai Essence Tour
If times allows and you’re quite interested in Shandong culture and beauty, it’s strongly advised to explore more wonderful places, like the Capital of Kite - Weifang, fairyland Penglai of Yantai, pretty Weihai, etc. Beyond Shandong, travelers often extend trip further to Beijing, Xian, Datong & Pingyao (in Shanxi)， Luoyang & Shaolin Temple & Kaifeng (in Henan) and more stunning heritages and nature sights in China.
✔ 8 Days Shandong History & Culture Tour
✔ 6 Days Classic Beijing & Shandong Tour (Beijing/Qufu/Mount Tai)
✔ 8 Days Beijing Shanghai STour with Confucianism Exploration & Mount Tai Hiking
Travel with China Discovery
China Discovery is an experienced, professional and reliable travel companion devoted to offering high-quality and the best tour services for all travelers to China. In order to have a hassle-free travel and focus on the trip itself, it’s highly recommended travelling with China Discovery. So, you can enjoy convenient airport pick-up and drop-off service and transportation to all scenic spots in a safe, clean, comfortable, air-conditioned and non-smoking vehicle. Also, we will arrange knowledgeable local tour guide, excellent accommodation and dining arrangements to ensure you rest well and get better understanding of springs culture in Jinan, Confucianism in Qufu and Mount Tai culture in Shandong. You may select a favorite from our most popular Jinan tours or contact us to design a unique itinerary according to your personal time and preference.
Jinan Travel Guide
- Popular Jinan Tours
- Jinan Travel Guide
- Top Things to Do
- Baotu Spring
- Get to & around Jinan
- Beijing to Jinan
- Shanghai to Jinan
- Jinan Airport & Flights
- Jinan Railway Stations
- Best Places to Stay
- Best Luxury Hotels
- Top Comfortable Hotels
- Useful Jinan Maps
Shandong Travel Guide
- Popular Shandong Tours
- Shandong Travel Guide
- Shandong Trip Planner
- Top Shandong Destinations
- Top Things to Do
- Get to & Around
- Best Shandong Hotels
- Shandong Weather & Seasons
- Shandong Maps
- Qingdao Travel Guide
- Mount Tai Travel Guide
- Qufu Travel Guide
- Yantai Travel Guide
- Weifang Travel Guide
- Weihai Travel Guide
- Penglai Travel Guide
- Zibo Travel Guide
- Linyi Travel Guide
Recommended Jinan Tours
Top 3 Jinan tours chosen by most customers to explore Jinan in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 4 Days Jinan Mount Tai Qufu Cultural Tour
Jinan / Mount Tai / Qufu
- 6 Days Best of Shandong Tour
Jinan / Mount Tai / Qufu / Qingdao