Jinan Weather & Seasons
Located at the warm temperate continental monsoon zone, Jinan has four distinct seasons, which is dry in spring, humid in summer, cool in autumn and cold in winter. The annual average temperature is 14 °C, with the lowest in January and the highest in July. The annual precipitation is around 675 millimeters, most of which happened in July and August.
The best time to visit Jinan and appreciate the springs is autumn, from September to November, after the concentrated rainfall in July and August.
Average Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Jinan Seasons to Go
- Spring of Jinan is from March to May. The early spring is still cold at the average temperature around 10 °C. The temperature will rise up to 20°C in May. If you visit Jinan in this period, wear Jeans and sweater are okay.
From June to August, it is relatively hot in Jinan, with the average highest temperature of 33 °C (91 °F) in July. The hot summer can’t cool down until the later August or early September. During this period, half of the annual rainfall comes.
T-shirts and shorts are suitable for travel Jinan in summer. Besides, remember to prepare sun block cream, caps or other sun block tools with you.
- Autumn, from September to November, is the best time to visit Jinan, especially for appreciating the springs and maples. In the early autumn, it is still similar to hot summer times, but the temperature will fall down under 30°C. In November, the ranges of temperature will fall to the lowest of 4.5°C and the highest of just 13.1°C. Jeans and long sleeves in case of strong wind will make you comfortable in autumn tour in Jinan.
- During winter period from December to February, it is cold and dry with the lowest temperature of -4°C, which often happens in January. Snow occasionally falls but rarely in heavy bouts. Please take coats with you when visit Jinan in winter.
- Seasonal Activities
- From the first of the first month to the second month in Chinese Lunar year, there is Baotu Spring Spring Festival Lantern Show that held in the Baotu Spring Park to celebrate the spring festival. It is a traditional festival which can be traced back to the Tang Dynasty.
Recommended Jinan Tours
Top 3 Jinan tours chosen by most customers to explore Jinan in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 4 Days Cultural Discovery in Jinan, Taishan & Qufu
Jinan / Mount Tai / Qufu
- 6 Days Best of Shandong Tour
Jinan / Mount Tai / Qufu / Qingdao
- 8 Days Shandong History & Culture Tour
Jinan / Mount Tai / Qufu / Zibo / Weifang / Qingdao