Hubei Weather & Seasons - Best Time to Visit Hubei
With a sub-tropical monsoonal climate, Hubei province has the annual temperature of 15 to 17 °C and annual rainfall averages 800-1600 millimeters. Having enough sunlight, summer is humid and hot within over 30 °C in the July; the coldest month, January in winter has average temperature reaching 0 °C.
As most places in Hubei share the distinct seasons, so the best time to visit is spring and autumn, when it’s great time to visit Wuhan, Yichang and make a Yangtze River Cruise here, even try to learn Wudang Kung Fu with such pleasant weather.
Weather Forecast for Major Cities in Hubei:
Average Hubei Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Hubei Seasons to Go
- Spring (March-May)
- The spring of Hubei begins with fairy land of flowers in March. Visit during this time and see various flower festivals: Cherry Blossom, rape flowers, pear & peach flowers and so forth and some hiking activities. In this comfort season, tourists can find the graceful side of Hubei.
- Summer (June-August)
- From June to August, Hubei turns into the burning hot summer with temperature above 30° C in most districts. While in particular Shennongjia featuring cooler weather, attracts numerous visitors from other lowland cities.
- Autumn (Sept.-Nov.)
- Autumn is the golden season with pleasant sunlight and temperature. Travel lightly and casually to Hubei in this season, you’ll be amazed by the red leaves in Three Gorges. So it’s a great time to cruise along Yangtze and unlock the splendid beauty of the red.
- Winter (Dec.-Feb.)
- In Hubei, winter is the driest and chilly. The coldest month is January with average temperature of 1-5°C. Even in the unfavorable days, there are still continuous tourists in Wudang Mountain to explore Taoism culture and watch sun rise if in good luck.
Recommended Hubei Tours
Top 3 Hubei tours chosen by most customers to explore Hubei in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 3 Days Best of Wuhan Tour from Yichang
Yichang / Wuhan
- 5 Days Wuhan & Wudangshan Tour by High Speed Train
Wuhan / Wudang Mountain
- 9 Days Best of Hubei Tour from Wuhan
Wuhan / Wudangshan / Wuhan / Jingzhou / Yichang / Shennongjia / Yichang