Dunhuang FAQs & Tips
1. When is the best time to visit Dunhuang?
The best time to visit Dunhuang is the months from May to October.
2. What to pack if I travel in Dunhuang?
A windbreaker, a pair of durable and comfortable shoes, a down jacket (better with hat), sunscreen cream, sun block, skin cream and lip balm, sunglasses, medicine for urgent use.
3. Can I use credit card in Dunhuang?
Credit cards are not recommended as a way of payment in Dunhuang because they are only accepted by the Bank of China and few hotels in Dunhuang. Exchange enough money to Chinese RMB in cash is the best choice though it has risks.
4. What documents do I need if I am planning to travel to Dunhuang?
A valid passport, a valid China visa.
5. What's the weather in Dunhuang?
Dunhuang is situated in the interior region of China, and surrounded by Mountains. It features in temperate continental arid climate, with four different seasons, plenty of sunshine and little rainfall. The average temperature is 9.3℃. The maximum average temperature is 24.7℃ in July, and the minimum average temperature is - 9.3℃ in January.
6. Can I travel alone in Dunhuang?
You can go to hilarious attractions, such as Mogao Crottoes, Crescent Lake alone. But you are not suggested to go to some remote area alone, such as Yardang Park, Yumenguan, Yangguan, Ruin of Great Wall, where the traffic and health care are poor.
7. What is the condition of Dunhuang accommodation?
Dunhuang is one of the most popular travel destinations in China, there are many great hotels of different standards. Most of hotels are located near to the Mingshan Road and Yangguan Middle Road where you can find delicious restaurants and shopping malls.
9. Can I connect to the Internet in my hotel?
Yes, there are Internet access in most hotels.
10. Where can I take flights to Dunhuang?
There are several fixed lines connecting some nearby cities, such as Xian, Lanzhou, Urumqi, Jiayuguan, as well as Beijing and Shanghai.
Most Popular Dunhuang Tours
- Classic Dunhuang Tours
- Dunhuang Camping Tours
- Beijing Dunhuang Tours
- Xian Dunhuang Tours
- Shanghai Dunhuang Tours
- Dunhuang Zhangye Tours
- Dunhuang Jiayuguan Tours
- Dunhuang Gansu Tours
- Dunhuang Xinjiang Tours
- Top Silk Road Tours
Useful Dunhuang Travel Guide
- Dunhuang Tourist Guide
- Get to & Around Dunhuang
- Travel form Beijing to Dunhuang
- Travel form Shanghai to Dunhuang
- Top Things to Do in Dunhuang
- Best Dunhuang Caves
- Featured Acticities in Dunhuang
- Silk Road Shows in Dunhuang
- Dunhuang Weather & Climate
- Where to Stay in Dunhuang
- Recommended Dunhuang Hotels
- Dunhuang Food & Snacks
- Dunhuang Resources
- Dunhuang Travel Maps
- Dunhuang Airport and Flights
- Dunhuang Railway Station
- Liuyuan Railway Stations
- Dunhuang Camel Riding
- Dunhuang Desert Camping
- Get to Yardang National Geopark
- Get to Yulin Caves
Guide for Dunhuang Mogao Caves
- Mogao Grottoes Introduction
- Buy Mogao Caves Tickets
- Dunhuang City to Mogao Caves
- Mogao Caves Transportation Guide
- Interesting Mogao Caves Facts
- Mogao Caves Maps
- Mogao Caves Photos
Travel Dunhuang & More Silk Road Destinations
Recommended Dunhuang Tours
Top 3 Dunhuang tours chosen by most customers to explore Dunhuang in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 4 Days Jiayuguan Dunhuang Tour (Silk Road Short Break)
Jiayuguan / Dunhuang
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: