Dalian Weather and Seasons - Best Time to Visit Dalian
Dalian owns a warm temperate continental monsoon climate, characterized by humid summers and cold windy and dry winters. The average annual precipitation is about 950 millimeters. It is amongst the warmest in the whole of this north-easterly region of China. August is the hottest month with the average temperature of 24, while January is the coldest month with the average temperature of about -5. The best time to visit Dalian is from May to September.
Average Dalian Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Dalian Seasons to Go
- Spring begins in Early March in Dalian, and a nice season to visit the city when flowers and trees are in blossom. But it is a little more prone to rain, so take your umbrella with you.
- Dalian is known as a summer resort for it is not that hot. The highest temperature of most summer days are under 30℃. It is the best time to enjoy the cool overwhelming in beaches, but not the best time to enjoy seafood. As a port city, Dalian is sometimes plagued by monsoon in summer, with nearly 70% of the rainfall, mostly during rainstorms.
- Autumn is the best time to visit Dalian, when the seawater is cool and the crowds are faded from September. It is also the best time to enjoy seafood. The famous International Fashion Festival is held in autumn every year.
- Winter is cold and wet in Dalian, but still not as frozen as in the nearby cities in the northeast part of China, like Shenyang. January is always the coldest month with the average temperature of just -5℃. There is an ice lanterns festival held in Bingyugou.
Recommended Dalian Tours
Top 3 Dalian tours chosen by most customers to explore Dalian in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 2 Days Essence of Dalian Tour
Dalian: Xinghai Park, Sea World, and Bangchuidao Island
- 3 Days Dalian City Break
Dalian: Xinghai Park, Tiger Beach Scenic Park, and Dalian Harbor
- 8 Days Northeast China Tour with Harbin Ice & Snow Festival
Harbin / Jilin / Changchun / Shenyang / Dalian