Chongqing Travel FAQs & Tips
1. What is the best time to visit Chongqing?
Chongqing, together with Nanjing and Wuhan, are the “Three Furnace Cities” in China. Spring and autumn are the most recommended seasons to visit Chongqing. While taking a relaxing cruise on the cool Yangtze River is the best way to escape the hot summer.
2. I will be in Chongqing for a short period of time. What should I see?
Chongqing is a big city and often overlooked as a tourist destination. There are some interesting places to see within Chongqing itself and also day trips. The highlights of Chongqing include Ciqikou Ancient Town, E’ling Park, Three Gorges Museum, Wulong Karst Landscape, Dazu Rock Carvings as well as the Yangtze River Cruise from Chongqing. As for the day trips, please check our top Chongqing tours.
3. Chongqing Transport to other cities?
Usually, you could get to other cities from Chongqing by air, train or coach. If you want to get to Yichang, Wuhan, Nanjing, or Shanghai, you could take the relaxing Yangtze River cruise. If you get to Chengdu from Chongqing, the bullet train is very convenient with 2-hours’ transfer.
>>How to Get to & away Chongqing?
>>Chengdu Chongqing Transportation
4. How can I get to Chaotianmen Port from Jiangbei Airport to take the cruise?
The distance between Jiangbei International Airport and Chaotianmen Docks is 25 kilometers, which will costs you about 45-50 RMB for 35 minutes’ drive. Or you could book our private local transfer service to get to the right dock from the airport.
5. How can I get to Chaotianmen Port from Chongqing North Railway Station?
Taking a taxi from North Railway Station to Chaotianmen Dock will cost passengers 20-30 Yuan in 20 minutes. Or you could book our private local transfer service to get to the right dock from the train station.
6. What are the best recommended cruise companies for my Yangtze Cruise?
7. What are the most recommended cruise ships for my Yangtze tour?
The most recommended Yangtze cruise ships are Victoria Jenna, Victoria Anna, Victoria Sophia, Century Paragon, Century Legend, Yangtze Explorer, President No.7 & No.8, President Prime etc.
>>The Best-value Yangtze River Cruise Ships
>>Top Family-friendly Yangtze Cruise Ships
Recommended Chongqing Tours
Top 3 Chongqing city tours chosen by most customers to explore Chongqing in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 4 Days Chongqing Essence Tour with Yangtze Cruise
Chongqing / Three Gorges / Yichang
- 4 Days Chongqing & Wulong Karst Landscape Exploration Tour
Chongqing / Wulong / Chongqing