[Important] Travel News for Expats: China travel is reopening! Travel with China Discovery and learn about where to visit & requirements for each destination! Read Details >
Chengdu is a super city to deliver travellers end up fun, and 3 days is a perfect time to tour Chengdu at a comfortable pace. This tour covers the highlights tour of Chengdu as well as airport/train station pick-up and delivery service. In these three days, you won't miss the world's most loveable animal – Giant Panda and the Chengdu's iconic site - People Park to experience Chengdu's typical laid-back living style. Moreover, enjoy a convenient visit to somnolent-looking but inspiring Leshan Giant Buddha which is acknowledged as World Cultural Heritages by UNESCO.
Day 1 Chengdu ArrivalChengdu Airport or Train Station Pick-up
Welcome to Chengdu, the hometown of the Giant Panda. Your local guide will meet you at the airport/train station and then escort you to your hotel in a private vehicle. The rest of today is yours to relax in the panda city on your own.
Arrival Ideas: Chengdu is only about 2~3 hours flying from the majority of big cities in China, such as Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shanghai, etc. You can also get to Chengdu by high speed trains from Xian (4hrs), Chongqing (1hrs), Guilin (6hrs), Kunming (6hrs), etc.
- Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport
Day 2 Chengdu and Leshan Highlights Tour (B, L)Today's highlights: Leshan Giant Buddha, Jinli Old Street
This morning you will drive about 2 hours from Chengdu to visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site - Leshan Giant Buddha which is the largest and tallest stone-carved statue of Buddha in the world. It was carved during AD713~803 on a mountain rock cliff by the river, with its head reaching to the mountain top and its feet standing next to the river. The total height is 71m; while the head is 14.7m high and 10m wide, ear is 7meters high, 28 meters between knees and insteps. Its insteps can hold over a hundred people. You may be wondering why the such a giant Buddha was built? It is said to have been built to calm the turbulent waters that plagued passing boats and killed many people each year in ancient time. On the right cliff of the Giant Buddha, there is a plank road built along with the Giant Buddha. From the top to foot, the plank road has nine turns, thus it’s called Nine Bends Plank Road. The widest part of the road is 1.45m and the narrowest part is only 0.6m, and there are 217 stone steps in total. You will walk down the plank road to the feet of the Giant Buddha for a closer view.
After sightseeing, drive back from Leshan to Chengdu. Next is an impressive trip to the famous Jinli Old Street. Time steals away from you quietly while walking on the lively streets which are full of delicious local snacks, delicate artifacts, interesting folk shows, etc.
Recommended Optional Activities: 1) take a 30 minutes' sightseeing boat to enjoy a wonderful panoramic view of the Giant Buddha on the river; 2) enjoy a delicious dinner of Sichuan cuisine (or hotpot) at a local restaurant; 3) watch a wonderful performance of Sichuan Opera which includes folk opera, face changing, fire spitting, rolling lights, and other delightful entertainment (usually performs during 20:00~21:30).
Lastly, drive back to your hotel in Chengdu.
- Leshan Giant Buddha in summer
- Jinli Old Street
Day 3 Chengdu & Chengdu Departure (B, L)Today's highlights: Chengdu Panda Base, Wenshu Temple, People's Park
After breakfast, you will make a stirring visit to Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding which is not only the most important panda scientific research center, but also dwelling home for more than 100 Giant Pandas. Walk at leisure through the bamboo framed paths, and closely observe giant pandas of different ages eating bamboos, playing with each other, tumbling, climbing trees, etc. Be sure to not miss the chance to visit in the nursery rooms and panda kindergartens where you may see the adorable panda babies. There is also a very informative Panda Museum for you to learn more scientific facts about Giant Pandas.
Then you will be taken to a hidden spiritual Buddhist temple in the hustling downtown of Chengdu – Wenshu Temple. Marvel at the exquisite Buddhist architecture, soak in the reverent atmosphere, and wander on the peaceful paths. Adjacent to the monastery is a small bazaar (Wenshufang) where you can enjoy a leisure stroll through to experience local market and living style. Chengdu is famous for its relaxing and leisure pace throughout China, which will be proved after a stay in People's Park. Sit down, order a pot of Chinese tea, make a casual chat with your friends and watching locals indulging themselves in different kinds of folk entertainment – napping in a lively teahouse, playing mahjong, disco dancing, neck massage, ear cleaning…
At the end, your guide and driver will escort you to catch your flight/train to next destination. Our service ends.
- Our dear client visited Wenshu Monastery like local
- Giant Pandas Enjoying Leisure Time Together
Based in Chengdu, China Discovery is your best partner to help you become an honorable panda keeper. During the past a few years, we have organized panda volunteering tours for hundreds of our clients to volunteer with pandas in Dujiangyan, Bifengxia and Wolong Panda Bases. During the program, volunteers are provided a rare opportunity to get a closer touch with the pandas even feed them personally. It is also a great chance to learn many interesting facts about pandas... Your efforts will ensure the future of giant pandas! Join Us Now!
There is an old saying that "once you visited Jiuzhaigou, there is no need for you to see any other waterscape". Jiuzhaigou and its neighbor Huanglong grant you a memorable experience of nature wonder of wondrous water world, as the words say.
You will take a 45-minute flight from Chengdu directly to Jiuzhai Huanglong Airport in the early morning. In the afternoon, you’ll go to Huanglong National Park, where densely scatters thousands of travertine color-ponds and flow streams. You’ll marvel at Huanglong Temple and fabulous Five-Color Ponds. In the second day, you will visit three beautiful valleys in Jiuzhaigou National Park. The third day is for you to depart from Jiuzhaigou to Chengdu or other destinations.
1. This price is for one person, based on a group of 2 adults sharing one standard double-bed room in 4-star hotel and traveling with our private tour in low seasons.
2. This price is subject to change according your traveling season, group size, hotel class, change of activities in your itinerary and possible fluctuation of currency exchange rate. If you want a lower price, you can get more people to join you, or use economy class hotels.
3. This price is only valid to March 31, 2021.
4. Reference exchange rate of USD 1= RMB 6.45. The final quote is based on current exchange rate. It may change according to the currency fluctuation, while the RMB quotation will be remained the same.
Tour guide Selina was really great, she was enthusiastic and friendly. Very knowledgable about HuangShan. Car was spacious, but we had to change vans frequently.
Hotel was okay, a little small on the mountain, but overall not bad. Understandable that it’s small. It was a lot of hard work for the people to bring hotels things up to the mountain.
We would suggest to add 宏村 to schedules next time. We thought it was really nice.
We were lucky because weather is nice. Restaurants Selina brought us to were all good. A lot of stairs on the mountains, but great trip overall.
Good evening Wonder!
The trip to Chongqing were great. The driver was good and the car clean and tidy. Perfect. Diana was also very good. Knowledgeable and willing to adapt to my wishes or needs. Very well experienced.
For further trip around China I will use your services for sure.
Hello! The trip was wonderful, both our Mr. Li and Cindy were very nice and welcoming.
1. Is your travel consultant of our company fast enough to answer your E-mail and patient enough to answer your questions?
Yes, everything was taken care of promptly, and Johnson was very flexible to meet my needs as I looked to modify plans. I appreciate the great job he did in making this a successful trip.
2. How do you comment your tour arrangements?
- Tour guide Peter was excellent, very enthusiastic and informative. He also helped to get all of my train tickets for the trip which was very helpful.
- Driver very good- no issues.
- Hotel was very good- new , modern hotel, with good facilities and very good breakfast. Location in the entertainment district was perfect for walking around at night. Highly recommend to keep this one.
- Tour arrangements were good. Morning touring the kilns and the museum was nice to see. The afternoon was perhaps a bit less organized without specific stops- would have been better to see specific galleries where shopping could be done, or going to the factory area downtown (which we eventually did because I asked to do so).
- Lunch was very good- good to go to an authentic local place for food.
- Transition to Huangshan was smooth , without issue.
- Tour guide Xia (Jerry) was excellent, very strategic in his approach to ensure a great experience.
- Driver was very good- no issues.
- Huangshan International Hotel was ok- I would say average, could be better. Location was good near the downtown. Breakfast was not very good – pretty low quality.
- Trip to Huangshan was well handled by Jerry, getting to the top of the mountain in reasonable time despite the crowds and he led me well around the mountain. We covered what I wanted to see- he encouraged us to see everything on day 1 with the weather getting worse – a very good call.
- Xihai Hotel had very nice rooms and a nice bar area. The only downside is there is only a buffet for dinner and it is not very good, but guess we had little choice. I did not eat breakfast there.
- Trip to Hongcun and Bishan the next day was very good. We left Huangshan early as the mountain was fogged over. Hongcun was crazy busy due to holidays but we saw the main sights, and then I had some time to walk around. I felt a little rushed with the schedule but still saw enough. Lunch was ok, not great. Bishan was very nice, with a chance to bike around the village areas and quiet. Xia guided me around the town on bike and then left me to bike on my own.
- Accommodation in Bishan was excellent- Pig’s Inn is perfect, and these type of atmospheric farm stays are much preferred by me and would be for other travelers. The dinner and breakfast were probably the best food I had on the trip, and having the Dog’s Bistro around the corner for drinks was an ideal setup.
- The next day was good as well. As we were running ahead on the agenda, we added Nanping, which was a quiet beautiful village to walk around, and then we went to Xidi, which was really nice and large. We spent a full morning in these two villages and then stopped for lunch outside Xidi. Lunch was ok- better than the day before, but not exceptional. Then we stopped in the Old Street in Huangshan to buy some Shaobing, and then we finished the day a little early at 230 pm. I feel maybe we could have added one more thing to see, but this was fine.
Train trip to Zhangjiajie
- No issues, very smooth transition in Changsha. Driver moved me across the city efficiently.
- Tour guide Derrick was very good, he had a few moments where we was a bit pessimistic about the weather and crowds, but he managed the situation professionally and did a great job despite the bad weather.
- Our main driver was very good, he handled everything well. The drivers we had for short pickups were less reliable- the one picking me up to go to Tianmen Mountain was late, and generally they were less friendly and reliable, requiring effort by Derrick to fix.
- Hotel (Santo Domingo) was below standard and I would strongly advise you to change to Crowne Plaza or Pullman which are much more appropriate hotels for international travelers. The breakfast looked very questionable in quality so I went to Starbucks.
- The tour to the glass bridge was very good and I got to see everything, despite not great weather. Then, we went to Zhangjiajie where weather was not great at the top but Derrick found good trails on the bottom where we could see some scenery. We then went to late lunch/early dinner which was an excellent restaurant with very good food.
- The next day at Avatar mountain was good for weather – Derrick timed the visit to be a bit later to ensure we would see something at the best part of the day. We missed out the 3rd viewpoint due to fog, but again, he found another trail for us to hike at the bottom. Again we went to a late lunch/early dinner at a very good restaurant.
- The Best Western hotel in Zhangjiajie had good rooms but common areas and food were below standard. My advice here would be for travelers to spend the night up in Wulingyuan at either Crowne or Pullman and then go into town the next morning early.
- Tianmen Mountain was totally fogged over, so I got unlucky. We did the trip anyway which was fine and I saw the glass bridge. After seeing this, we stopped for a small lunch at a wonton stand (very good) and then we went to a lake for a quick visit. Then we traveled to Fenghuang. We checked into the hotel and then Derrick arranged a dinner at a local restaurant. This food was not great to be honest, it was a bit low quality but this was the only miss. I was able to walk around the town and enjoy the scenery.
- The hostel I chose- Yunji Inn- was very nice with great views and comfortable beds and showers. Just to note cleanliness in the corners was not great so some would be turned off by this, but I didn’t mind honestly.
- After a morning to myself , which I appreciated, Derrick toured me around the town and then we headed back to ZJJ. As we got back, Derrick chose a restaurant with a view of Tianmen from a distance, which was clearly visible- much appreciated as he was thinking of me, and the food was good. Then he dropped me at the airport.
3. Are you willing to recommend our service to your people who also have an interest to visit China?
Yes, also for those within China
general opinion on us?
Very professional, well organized and flexible. This is the 2nd trip I’ve taken with you and both were successful.
5. Do you have any suggestions on improving our services?
- Guides – keep them , they are great.
- Itinerary- looks good overall, you may be able to add more villages or sights to the Huangshan/villages tour as there is enough time in the schedule. Beef up the Jingdezhen afternoon itinerary with clear visits to galleries for shopping.
- Transportation- Drivers all good except for the short trip drivers in ZJJ, train trips were well arranged.
- Hotels- As mentioned, smaller atmospheric stays like Pig’s Inn or Yunji Inn would be preferred. I think you can offer two choices to visitors- either standard international hotel or rustic stays and they can decide. In Wulingyuan, switch to Pullman or Crowne Plaza and avoid Santo Domingo, and then consider to stay there before Tianmen as the Best Western is a little beat down. Continue with the hotel in Jingdezhen, that was perfect.
6. Can we use your comments of our service, the photos or other images that you took on the tour for our websites, brochures, marketing and publicity? If yes, could you please send us some of your photos by E-mail?
Yes, this is fine. I can forward some images on wechat – this will be easier. Let me know if this is ok- just ping me- and also let me know what you might like pictures of – as I have them from all places.
7. If you had a nice tour experience, may I know whether you could write us a review on Trip Advisor? It’s very important to our company and my own career! If so, please let me know and I will send you the our homepage link on Trip Advisor.
I will try to do so when I have time.
Thank you very much, it’s very nice. the nature here is breathtaking, we just came back from cycling, wonderful
everything went perfect again, thanks, and you provided perfect weather as well
"Highest Standards of Quality and Honesty" is the core value of each specialized team at China Discovery.
Eveyone in our company is working hard for only one goal, which is to ensure the highest level of service, luxury, and attention to detail from the minute you begin planning your trip, to the day you return home.
Our travel consultants are professional, experienced and responsible, helping you from the very beginning to the end of your China trip!
After sending us an inquiry, one of our travel consultants will get back to you within 0.5~23.5 hrs. In the next few days, he/she will be working closely with you to formulate a customized tour plan, as well as providing professional suggestions based on your travel interests, time, and budget.
Beside, he/she will keep in contact with you during your entire tour in China, continually checking if everything is going well as planned.
We're working at Chengdu Bamboo International Tours, local based in Chengdu.
Our local guide in every destination is not only very friendly, enthusiastic but also very informative and knowledgeable.
Once you arrive in the destination, the patient and punctual guides will pick you up and take you to get under skin of the city at your own pace. By in-depth discovery and explanation, they’ll show you more about the history, culture, customs and authentic local life. Throughout the journey, they're not only expert guides who take care of all the details but also fellow travelers who are dedicated to help you explore in comfort and style.
Our guides are passionate about what they do, and it shows all the way!
Using our private transfer service makes you comfortable, relaxed and worry free all the way!
Our private service includes licensed drivers with many years’ driving experience and air-conditioned, non-smoking, clean and well-maintained cars/vans. Drivers are local, polite, friendly and helpful, taking you to your tourist sites, hotels, airport/train stations in safety. All kinds of vehicle are offered, and yours depends on the size of your group. Usually, we offer sedan cars, SUVs, business vans (MPV) and different types of buses, all with extra space for your luggage.
Our private transfer service guarantees you the highest comfort!
In each destination, you’ll enjoy a comfortable stay in a great location!
The hotels we choose are based on star rating, great locations, well-equipped facilities, cozy bed, high quality service and guests’ feedbacks. Choices are a lot ranging from luxury 5 star, comfortable 4 star to budget 3 star. You could decide where to stay to best suit for your budget and likes. Generally, the hotels have both Western and Chinese breakfast with a wide choices.
If you have already got an ideal hotel, please feel free to tell our travel consultants and they'll book the hotel for you.
Have good sleep in our well-selected hotels in all the destinations of China.
We can satisfy all the dietary requirements no matter you want Chinese local food, western food, vegetarian food or muslin food.
The restaurants we will take you for lunch or dinner are all designated tourist restaurants approved by local tourist administration bureau. They have very good sanitary conditions and the food is prepared fresh and clean.
There will be some meals excluded in your itinerary as you like, and your private guide will be delighted to give you some suggestions and take you to the local restaurants to taste like Beijing Roast Duck, Xian Dumpling Dinner, Sichuan Hotpot, etc., if you are interested in local food tasting.
All the dining options will satisfy your stomach!
As a leading travel agency based in Chengdu, China Discovery masters the first-hand travel information to make your amazing travel experiences happen. Our private Chengdu tour packages assure you a high-quality journey with great flexibility, comfort and personalized arrangement. No matter you want to join a panda volunteer program or explore the local culture, or take sidetrips to Leshan Giant Buddha, Mount Emei, etc., don’t hesitate to tell your needs and interests because all tours can be tailor-made. During your tour, you will have your very own personal guide, with a private vehicle and driving exclusively serving for your party - nobody else.
We suggest you apply for a China Tourist Visa (L Visa) so that you can extend your tour to other worth-visiting destinations, like Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Guilin… For just a short stay in/around Chengdu, tourists from appointed 53 countries with valid travel document & connecting flights to a third country/region can enter Chengdu via Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport and stay in Chengdu as well as Leshan (Leshan Giant Buddha & Mount Emei), Ya'an (Bifengxia Panda Base), Yibin (Shunan Bamboo Forest) and some other cities (Jiuzhaigou Valley not covered) up to 144 hours without a Chinese visa.
Chengdu enjoys a subtropical monsoon climate with distinct four seasons – warm spring, hot summer, cool autumn and cold winter. The annual average temperature is 16°C / 61°F. It is available to visit Chengdu all the year around, but the best periods are from March to June and September to November when the temperature is most moderate.
Wearing Ideas: Shirts, long skirts and thin sweaters, windbreakers, casual clothes are recommended for spring travel and autumn travel in Chengdu. Sun block shirt, sunhat, cotton and linen shirts, thin T-shirts and other breathable clothes are recommended for summer travel in Chengdu. Winter coats, leather jackets, down coats, woolen hats, scarfs, gloves, sweaters and snow boots are recommended for winter travel in Chengdu.
Chengdu can be reached easily by flight or high speed train from many big cities of China, including Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Xian, Chongqing, etc. Besides, there are also frequent international or regional flights from San Francisco, Singapore, Melbourne, Kathmandu, Paris, Amsterdam, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Taiwan, etc. and some non-scheduled flights from Sydney, Dubai, Frankfurt, Madrid and Moscow to Chengdu.
In Chengdu, there are lots of different kinds of hotels ranging from international brands to boutique style and providing you easeful stay. First-timers are strongly suggested to accommodate inside the downtown, including Chunxi Road Area, Jinli Area, Tianfu Square Area and Wenshu Monastery Area, where there are accessible shopping malls, great restaurants and metro stations within walking distance. China Discovery only uses those hotels with full-equipped amenities, fine services and great reputations. Most of them are located in the city center as well, so you can dine, shop and go around conveniently.
As a city of UNESCO City of Gastronomy, Sichuan food and snacks are a must-try in Chengdu. Want to enjoy hot pot? Chunxi Road and surrounding streets are full of great hot pot restaurants. Want to have some authentic local snacks? Lots of food streets await. Jinli Old Street and Kuanzhai Alley are two popular food streets with numerous kinds of snacks. Besides, there are also many traditional folk products sold in their antique shops. Wenshu Monastery block also serve mouth-wateringly delicious dishes and snacks.
Usually, the highlights of Chengdu can be discovered in brief one or two days, but it is a wonderful gateway city to Sichuan’s UNESCO World Cultural Heritages sites, especially Jiuzhaigou Valley, which acts as the second best travel place (after Chengdu) and most picturesque place in Sichuan. Besides, you can visit Leshan Giant Buddha, Emeishan Mountain, Dujiangyan Panda Base and Mount Qingcheng. If you like an adventure to more primitive and breathtaking natural world, go western Sichuan. China Discovery can provide tailor-made tours to all above destinations with great prices.
Chengdu / Leshan Giant Buddha / Chengdu
Chengdu: Jinli Street, Giant Panda Base, Wenshu Temple
Chengdu / Leshan / Mt. Emei / Chengdu
No documents found.
Start planning your tailor-made trip to Sichuan by contacting one of our specialists. Once enquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours. If you want to customize a China tour, start from here >Customize a Trip
[Important] Travel News for Expats: China travel is reopening now! Travel with China Discovery and learn about where to visit & requirements for each destination! Read Details >
“Very good experience”
“WONDERFUL 25 DAYS IN CHINA - PRIVATE TOUR”
“Awesome China tour from north east to south west”1420+ Reviews