Mount Jiuhua Weather: Jiuhuashan Weather & Best Visiting Time
Mount Jiuhua is located in Jiuhua Town, Qingyang County, Chizhou City, Anhui Province. It consists of 99 peaks and the highest Shiwang Peak is 1342 m.
Jiuhua Mountain has a north subtropical temperate monsoon climate, which is characterized by four distinct seasons. At the same time, it has a cool and wet mountain climate influenced by the altitude and terrain. The annual average temperature is 13.4℃ (56.12℉), and the annual average precipitation is 2437.5 mm. There are many rainy days and the sunshine time on the mountain top is shorter than that at the foot of the mountain. There is fog all year round in Mount Jiuhua, especially from January to June and September to October. There are 168 foggy days throughout the year and you can often feel the strong wind. The spring of Mount Jiuhua comes late and autumn arrives early. The summer is short and winter is long. The higher the altitude, the more obvious the change is. The average temperature in winter in most areas of Mount Jiuhua is about 0 ℃ with a long freezing period.
Best Time to Visit Mount Jiuhua
For tourists, Mount Jiuhua is suitable to visit all year round and you can appreciate different scenery in the flowering spring, green summer, fresh autumn and snowy winter. If you want to visit Mount Jiuhua with a pleasant weather, the best time is from April to November as winter and early spring would be too cold. But please be noted that there will be some days in July and August with heavy rain, it is recommended to pay attention to the weather forecast and avoid those days.
If you are a Buddhist follower, there are some big Buddhist days. For example, July 30th of the Chinese lunar calendar is the annual traditional temple fair in Mount Jiuhua. Monks will gather around the Incarnation Pagoda and chant sutras all night. The eighth day of the twelfth lunar month is the Buddha's birthday. Every temple in Mount Jiuhua will offer free porridge to people on this morning in gratitude for the Buddha. If you are interested, you can visit Mount Jiuhua on those days to have a better feeling of the Buddhism atmosphere. But it will be more crowded than usual days.
Mount Jiuhua Weather Tips
1. The temperature at the top of Mount Jiuhua is about 6 ℃ lower than that at the mountain foot. The weather forecast and temperature data in this article are collected from the city where Mount Jiuhua is located, which means the real temperature of Mount Jiuhua is a little lower.
2. Natural scenery such as the sunrise and clouds sea can be seen or not is unpredictable, which depends on the weather conditions at the top of the mountain, the amount of cloud, the visibility, and so on.
Average Mount Jiuhua Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Mount Jiuhua Seasons to Go
- ❀ Average Temperature: 9°C ~ 29°C, windy, cloudy, chilly to comfortable
- In spring, you can enjoy the colorful azalea and the new green of the whole mountain. Due to the high altitude, the flowers bloom relatively late, usually from April to June. The best place to see the flowers is Huatai Scenic Area which looks like an endless azalea corridor. Mount Jiuhua in early spring is still a little cold, especially at night. But it is getting warmer in May and as the rainy season approches, you will see more rainy days.
- • Seasonal Activities: Enjoying azalea in Huatai Scenic Area; Visiting temples of Mt Jiuhua; Watching clouds sea if weather permits
- • What to Wear: From March to early April, it is recommended to wear winter coats, scarfs, leather jackets, woolen hats, sweaters, hiking shoes, etc. From late April to May, you can gradually take off some thick layers.
- ✔ Popular Mount Jiuhua Tour: 2 Days Mount Jiuhua Buddhism Tour
Mount Jiuhua in Spring
Mount Jiuhua in March
- Max Temperature: 17°C / 62.6°F
- Min Temperature: 9°C / 48.2°F
- Avg Temperature: 15°C / 59°F
- Rainfall: 191 mm
- Rainy Days: 19 days
- UV Index: 2
- Sunrise: 5:35am-6:11am
- Sunset: 6:32pm-6:52pm
Mount Jiuhua Weather in April
- Max Temperature: 22°C / 71.6°F
- Min Temperature: 11°C / 51.8°F
- Avg Temperature: 19°C / 66.2°F
- Rainfall: 96.9 mm
- Rainy Days: 11 days
- UV Index: 7
- Sunrise: 5:01am-5:34am
- Sunset: 6:53pm-7:13pm
Mount Jiuhua in May
- Max Temperature: 29°C / 84.2°F
- Min Temperature: 19°C / 66.2°F
- Avg Temperature: 26°C / 78.8°F
- Rainfall: 118.2 mm
- Rainy Days: 18 days
- UV Index: 7
- Sunrise: 4:40am-5:00am
- Sunset: 7:13pm-7:34pm
- ☂ Average Temperature: 22°C ~ 33°C, hot and rainy
- Mount Jiuhua is always consisdered as a good spot to escape the summer heat from nearby big cities such as Shanghai and Hangzhou. With rich vegetation and high altitude, Mount Jiuhua has a cool summer. But summer is also the rainy season of Mount Jiuhua, most rainfall through the year concentrates on these three months, especially in July and August.
- • Seasonal Activities: Hiking Mount Jiuhua; Attending the annual temple fair (July 30th of the Chinese lunar calendar)
- • What to Wear: Regular summer outfit such as T-shirt, blouse, sneakers, sunhat, and sunglasses will be enough for a Mount Jiuhua hiking. You can take a windbreaker in case it gets cold on the mountain top. Remenber to take a light raincoat in this rainy season.
- ✔ Popular Mount Jiuhua Tour: 4 Days Mount Jiuhua Buddhism Tour with Shanghai Essence
Mount Jiuhua in Summer
Mount Jiuhua Weather in June
Mount Jiuhua Weather in July
Mount Jiuhua Weather in August
- ☀ Average Temperature: 10°C ~ 26°C, cool day with fine weather
- Autumn is the best time to visit Mount Jiuhua, especially from late September to October. It is neither too cold nor hot and the rainfall drops gradually. During this time, Mount Jiuhua glows with autumn colours and you can enjoy the beautiful scenery while taking a hike to the peak. But please remember to keep yourself warm because it may be windy on the mountain top.
- • Seasonal Activities:Hiking Mount Jiuhua, Enjoying the Fall Foliage, Photography
- • What to Wear: It is recommended to wear long-sleeved shirts, long skirts and thin sweaters, windbreakers, jackets, and sneakers. If you are going to spend a night on the mountain or visit in November, winter coats and thermal clothes are needed.
- ✔ Popular Mount Jiuhua Tour: 2 Days Mount Jiuhua Scenic Hiking Tour
Mount Jiuhua in Autumn
Mount Jiuhua Weather in September
Mount Jiuhua Weather in October
Mount Jiuhua Weather in November
- ☃ Average Temperature: 3°C ~ 14°C, cold and dry
- The winter in Mount Jiuhua is long and freezing cold. There is a large chance to see the snowscape. It is also the low season of Mount Jiuhua travel, so there will be fewer tourists and you can better enjoy the scenery. When you are hiking in winter, you need to be more cautious when walking on the wet and slippery mountain paths.
- • Seasonal Activities: Hiking Mt. Jiuhua, Enjoying the snowscape
- • What to Wear: Winter coats, gloves, scarfs, leather jackets, down coats, woolen hats, sweaters, thermal clothes, snow boots or other antiskid hiking shoes. You can take some facial cream and hand cream to protect your skin from the dry weather.
- ✔ Popular Mount Jiuhua Tour: 6 Days Mount Jiuhua & Huangshan Tour with Shanghai
Mount Jiuhua in Winter
Mount Jiuhua Weather in December
Mount Jiuhua Weather in January
Mount Jiuhua Weather in February
How to Plan Your Mount Jiuhua Tour
How to Get to Mount Jiuhua: Take a flight to Chizhou Jiuhuashan Airport or take a high speed train to Chizhou Railway Station from Beijing, Shanghai…; Drive about 2 hours from Huangshan.
Best Time to Visit Jinan: Mid-March to Mid-November, because the temperature is comfortable with the best scenery; many Buddhist festivals and ceremonies are held.
Top Places to Visit on Mount Jiuhua: 99-Meter Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva, Longevity Palace, Huangcheng Temple, Tiantai Peak, Tiantai Temple…
No matter you’re a Buddhist follower or sightseeing tourist, 2 days is most suitable for a Mount Jiuhua tour. Detailed attractions and tour order can be flexibly arranged based on personal interest, time and energy.
If you specially visit Mount Jiuhua for Buddhist pilgrimage, then Buddhist temples are the must-visits. On your arrival day, you can visit the 99-Meter Golden Statue of Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva at the north foothill. In and around Jiuhua Street, you can visit Huangcheng Temple - the first Buddhism temple of Mount Jiuhua, Incarnation Grand Hall which enshrines the flesh body of Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva, Zhantanlin Temple with massive delicate carved architectures and Zhiyuan Temple - the largest temple with the most complete layout, etc. On the second day, you can get to Longevity Palace to worship the incarnation of famous Chinese monk Haiyu (Wuxia) and Heavenly Terrace Peak (Tiantai Peak) where the highest temple - Tiantai Temple lies.
✔ 2 Days Mount Jiuhua Buddhism Tour
If you’re also a traveler fascinated by natures and physical condition permits, then you can view charming mountain landscape in the Flower Terrace Scenic Area with a special Hanging Plank Road hiking experience.
✔ 2 Days Mount Jiuhua Scenic Hiking Tour
✔ 4 Days Mount Jiuhua Buddhism Tour with Shanghai Essence
After your Mount Jiuhua tour, Mount Huangshan, just 2 hours’ ride away, is a popular UNESCO World Cultural & Natural Heritage worth your exploration with another 2 days. Chinese ancient culture buffs also like to visit Hongcun, Xidi and other ancient Huizhou-style village around the Mount Huangshan. If time allows, you may extend trip further to Wuyuan and Jingdezhen in neighboring Jiangxi, Mount Putuo and other famous Buddhist mountains and many more major tourist destinations in China.
✔ 5 Days Huangshan Tour & Buddhist Pilgrimage to Mount Jiuhua
✔ 5 Days Buddhism Tour to Mount Putuo & Mount Jiuhua from Shanghai
✔ 6 Days Shanghai Mount Jiuhua & Huangshan Tour
Travel with China Discovery
China Discovery is an experienced, professional and reliable travel companion devoted to offering high-quality and the best tour services for all travelers to China. In order to have a hassle-free travel and focus on the trip itself, it’s highly recommended travelling with China Discovery. So, you can enjoy convenient airport pick-up and drop-off service and transportation to all scenic spots in a safe, clean, comfortable, air-conditioned and non-smoking vehicle. Also, we will arrange knowledgeable local tour guide, excellent accommodation and dining arrangements to ensure you rest well and get better understanding of Buddhist of Mount Jiuhua. You may select a favorite from our most popular Mount Jiuhua tours or contact us to design a unique itinerary according to your personal time and preference.
Mount Jiuhua Travel Guide
- Popular Mount Jiuhua Tours
- Mount Jiuhua (Jiuhua Mountain)
- Mount Jiuhua Hiking
- Get to & around Mount Jiuhua
- High Speed Trains to/off Mount Jiuhua
- Get from Shanghai to Mount Jiuhua
- Get from Huangshan (Yellow Mountain) to Mount Jiuhua
- Mount Jiuhua Cable Cars
- Best Mount Jiuhua Hotels
- Useful Mount Jiuhua Maps
Anhui Travel Guide
- Popular Anhui Tours
- All Anhui Travel Guide
- Best Huangshan Tours
- Mt. Huangshan (Yellow Mountain)
- Hongcun Ancient Village
- Xidi Ancient Village
- Plan a Huangshan Tour
- Things to Do in Huangshan
- Featured Activities in Huangshan
- Where to Stay in Huangshan
- Huangshan Weather & Seasons
- Huangshan Maps
- More Huangshan Travel Guide
- Hefei Travel Guide
- Wuhu Travel Guide
Recommended Mount Jiuhua Tours
Top 3 Mount Jiuhua tours chosen by most customers to explore Mount Jiuhua in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 2 Days Mount Jiuhua Buddhism Tour
- 6 Days China Mountains Tour with Classic Shanghai
Shanghai / Jiuhuashan / Huangshan
- 5 Days Buddhism Tour to Mount Putuo & Mount Jiuhua from Shanghai
Shanghai / Mount Putuo / Mount Jiuhua