Life & Experience on Yangtze Explorer Cruise Ship
From the moment you step on Yangtze Explorer, you will be treated to active days and relaxing evenings, sublime cuisine and the warm company. Friendly and attentive staff help to create a relaxing atmosphere between the crew and travelers; it's like a journey unlike any other. With Yangzi Explorer cruise, you don’t just visit Yangtze River and Three Gorges, you become part of it, leaving you a lifetime cruise experience…
Food, Dining & Drink
Step aboard for a wondrous culinary journey! The East meets West menus take food lover on a tour of authentic local delicacies and international flavors - the quality of the eating and drinking is a hallmark of the Yangtze Explorer experience. There is a team of internationally trained chefs and a well-stocked wine cellar ensuring dining aboard the Sanctuary Yangtze Explorer a superb experience.
Breakfast and Lunch are in buffet style served at the Dynasty Palace, extending a range of continental classics and Chinese dishes - start with just-squeezed fruit juices and house-baked pastries one day and feast on freshly steamed dim sum the next. Dinner can be ordered in a la carte menus served with complimentary house wines, local beers and other refreshments. While afternoon tea isn’t about the home-made cakes and brewed-how-you-like-it tea or coffee.
- Special Dietary Requirements: For travelers who have special dining requirements, like vegetarian, salt-free, low-carbohydrate, kosher, you can tell your needs to travel consultants when book the cruise with us or tell it to the front desk when check in onboard.
- Dining Time: uusually, onboard Yangzi Explorer, breakfast starts from 07:00 to 09:00, lunch 12:00 to 13:30, and dinner 19:00 to 21:00. You will have 1 to 1.5 hours, so take your time to enjoy your meal. Travelers can know the detailed dining time by listening to the broadcast, checking the daily itinerary sheet or ask for the staff at front desk.
- Complimentary Morning Tea & Coffee: It is served at the Explorer Bar during 06:30~07:00.
- Complimentary Afternoon Tea with Pastry: It is served at the Explorer Bar during 16:00~17:00.
- Explorer Bar is located in front of top deck (called Explorer Deck) with panoramic windows where offers drinks, beverage, wines for travelers from morning till night. The legal drinking age on Yangtze Explorer is over 18 years old.
Cultural Activities, Entertainment & Evening Shows
To help travelers enjoy every minute on Yangtze Explorer along the beautiful Yangtze River, there is no optional shore excursions for downstream itinerary from Chongqing to Yichang and limited optional excursions for upstream itinerary from Yichang to Chongqing. Travelers onboard can not only appreciate the breathtaking scenery in your luxury cabins or on explorer deck, but also take part in various kinds of cultural activities and relaxing entertainments based on your interests. Please note that the activities are arranged differently for downstream and upstream itinerary.
- Documentary about the Three Gorges Dam Project: Begin your journey with some basic understanding about the history, geography and facts about Yangtze River and the Three Gorges Dam Site by enjoying the documentary in the Tang Theater.
- Chinese Medicine Demonstration: Learn and experience the traditional ways of curing our body from the experienced Chinese doctor.
- Taichi Playing: Get up early in the morning and follow the certified Taichi master and experience the soothing art form on the observation deck or inside the Tang Theater.
- Tea Appreciation: Learn and taste different kinds of tea from the various region in China and learn about the benefit of tea drinking.
- Chinese Brush Painting and Calligraphy: Watch and participate as the art instructor shows and explains the method of Chinese painting and writing.
- Mahjong Lesson: Know Mahjong under the instruction of the staff and learn and understand the favorite pass-time of Chinese Mahjong an ancient game that has been played throughout generations.
- Mandarin Lesson: Feel the charm of Mandarin and learn to pronounce some basic Chinese vocabularies and practice with your family or friends.
- Dumpling Cooking Class: Learn how to make one of the most wildly recognized of Chinese foods from the on board Chinese chef. Suitable for both adults and children.
- Crew Show Performance: Spend a memorable evening with all the crew and mates and enjoy the well-prepared entertainment by our crew members.
Captain’s Welcome & Farewell Party
With only carrying 124 passengers onboard, Yangtze Explorer is sincerely welcome every travelers from the moment you step onboard. It has specially prepared “A La Carte Welcome Dinner” on the second day that all the staff including the busy Captain will join the party and toast and travelers can enjoy a wide selection of items from the specially designed a la carte menu by the award-winning chef. To keep the best memory and happiness, travelers on Yangzi Explorer will enjoy “Emperor Farewell Dinner” with all the mates and the crew will participate by dressing up. If you and your family are the lucky star, you’ll enjoy the hidden surprises well prepared by the crew. Just relax and enjoy the last night on Yangzi Explorer.
Dress code for the party & banquet:
As a relaxing atmosphere is the first priority of Yangzi Explorer, the dress code on board is casual and comfortable. The evening dress code is generally unrestrained. As for the Captain’s Welcome Party and Farewell Dinner, a suite and tie for a man or an evening dress for a woman is not strictly required, but avoiding dressing too casual like jeans, round-neck shirts, shorts, slippers and so on.
Most Personalized Service
Experience beautiful service on the super Yangtze Explorer. With the highest crew to passenger ratio on the Yangtze River of 1:1, you can expect a staff of friendly and helpful waiters, stateroom attendants and bartenders ready to meet your every need. The service on Yangzi Explorer can be called the most personalized service at the highest level. From the moment you get onboard to the last minutes before you leave, from service at public areas to daily service in your cabins, from morning till night, from onboard activities to fun shore excursions, you are always the honored guests to be taken good care of.
Health Care & Wellness
The Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer boasts the most spacious spa of any vessel on the Yangtze River, and this beautifully indulgent area has been refurbished to cover a huge 346m² of the ship. In the “Huang Ding Spa” (Supreme of the Emperor), there are six individual treatment rooms and a variety of beauty treatments on offer to travelers using the best Italian Spa products from “Comfort Zone”. The new Spa has been described as a haven of relaxation and tranquility, offering beauty treatments and body massages to rejuvenate and bring the body back to balance. The beauty salon offers a variety of hair styling, manicures and more.
- Beauty Salon Running Time: 09:00~22:00
- Spa Running Time: 09:00~23:00
2024 Schedule of Yangtze Explorer
Top tours chosen by most customers to explore in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
Shanghai / Yichang / Yangtze Cruise / Chongqing / Xian / Beijing
Beijing / Xian / Guilin / Yangshuo / Yangtze Cruise / Shanghai
Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Zhangjiajie
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: