- Reviewed on June 28 2019
- Tour Customized by: Rita
China Discovery, Chengdu - Travel Consultant Ms Rita Jiang organized this trip for me and my wife. We did not want to travel in a group as we wanted flexibility and comfort. Rita understood our needs and after much discussion, we started our trip on 17th May and ended in HK on 6th June where we spent 4 nights on our own. We stayed in 4 to 5 star international hotels except for two local hotels in the smaller cities. The difference is the level of hotel service in both types of hotels and the breakfast. We were in Sofitel, Intercontinental, Shangri La, Sheraton, Crowne Plaza, Hyatt and even though our hotel nights were booked through China Discovery, I presented my loyalty hotel cards and had upgrades in some of these international hotels.
We were happy with the transportation provided (especially in the big cities) but do not expect good vehicles in the smaller cities. Some of the guides were brilliant but some were not so. This is expected due to tourism in each of the cities. We had flexibility in our tour and also food selection. We were provided with daily breakfast and some lunches but no dinners. This is fine as we could look for the food that we like (apart from just Chinese style food).
The internal flights were spot on and we had our seating always in the first few rows . Some of the train rides were very good (especially Beijing to Xian and Guilin to Hong Kong). The other train rides were not so comfortable. Would suggest requesting for First Class cabin but will cost more - nearly double.
Our guide checked us in for both flights and train rides. It was very easy and smooth. My recommendation is to ensure that you give notice to your receiving guide to hold up a card with your name and to make your luggage different from the rest. Send them a photo so they will know who to look for. We are Australians but we are Chinese looking. So misunderstanding can happen when the guide is receiving us.
Overall, we rate China Discovery, Chengdu - Rita Jiang very highly as she was very responsive to our needs even when we were on tour. She even did some last minute changes for us just to make us comfortable. If we do travel again to China in future, we will contact them again.
Most Valuable Reviews Our Customers listed on TripAdvisor
- Best Tour Ever Organized by Wendy Dan.
- 69-day Private Tour to Discover a lot of China
- 2 Week Family Vacation in China
- Xian, Terracotta Warriors, Using High Speed Train
- Fantastic 2 Weeks around China
- Mt. Huangshan and Anhui Villages 3 Day Tour
- Private Family Tour of Beijing, Sichuan and Xian
- Solo Tour (Beijing/Xian/Yunnan/Yangtze/Beijing)
More City Reviews from Our Customers
- All Beijing Travel Reviews
- All Xian Travel Reviews
- All Shanghai Travel Reviews
- All Guilin Travel Reviews
- All Chengdu Travel Reviews
- All Zhangjiajie Travel Reviews
- All Yunnan Travel Reviews
- All Huangshan Travel Reviews
- All Yangtze River Travel Reviews
- All Tibet Travel Reviews
- All Silk Road Travel Reviews
- All Shanxi Travel Reviews
Amazing Travel Stories
Besides the origin feedback telling their satisfaction about their travel, some customers also nicely shared their travel stories in details. You can read their stories and seek for more inspiration.
“Only You” - Couple’s Resounding 69 Days Private China Journey
Elie & Marie has successfully enjoyed their wonderful and romantic 10 week couple's private vacation and experienced a lot of interesting things in 32 destinations around vast China!
- Elie (Belgium)
- (69 Days) 2019.09.04~2019.11.11
- Beijing - Hohhot - Datong - Pingyao - Luoyang - Xian - Jiayuguan ... Chengdu - Yangtze - Zhangjiajie - Yunnan - Guilin... Hangzhou - Shanghai
North American English Teachers’ China Trips to Visit Their Students off Internet
We customized three big group China trips for tens of VIPKid English teachers and their family members to visit Xian, Shanghai, etc. from Beijing and meet their students off Internet in China in 2019!
- VIPKid Teachers (USA/Canada)
- (9-21 Days) 2019
- Beijing - Xian - Shanghai - Suzhou –Shanghai - Hangzhou - Huangshan... Yangtze Cruise...Chengdu - Beijing
Winston's Couple Tour to 9 Cities around China plus Yangtze Cruise
Winston and his wife have traveled to many world places during the past 21 years and experienced the best vacation this time to explore China's west and east, north and south parts!
- Winston (USA)
- (22 Days) 2019.05.17~2019.6.07
- Beijing - Xian - Lhasa - Chengdu - Guilin - Longsheng - Yangshuo - Chongqing - Yangtze River Cruise - Yichang - Shanghai - Suzhou - Beijing
Warm People, Warm the World - Annual Tibet Trip for Love Sharing
Jack and their partners would get back to Tibet from the distant USA every year, and until now, they’ve visited Tibet for 6 times. Every time, they had wonderful time enjoying the highlights of Tibet, and helped the blind, brought them hope of life and encouraged them.
- Jack (USA)
- (6 Times) 2013~2019
Rachel Grant’s Panda Volunteer Experience in Dujiangyan
The distinctive black and white animal is a national treasure in China and one of the rarest, most endangered bears in the world. A one-on-one encounter with a giant panda is a bucket list highlight and a must-do when you are in China. The time I spent witnessing such human dedication is truly eye-opening...
- Panda Volunteer Star: Ms. Rachel Grant (British)
- Chengdu - Dujiangyan
Returning Hometown to Regain Adopted Daughter's Confidence
Lawson's Family had an amazing family China tour with their two adopted daughters from China and touchingly helped their adopted ethnic little girl regain confidence.
- Lawson (UK)
- (19 Days) 2018.10.17~2018.11.04
- Shenzhen - Xiamen - Yongding - Guangzhou - ... - Yangshuo - Guilin - Chengdu - Hangzhou - Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai