- Reviewed on November 22, 2020
- Tour Customized by: Zeva
We spent 7 wonderful days in Yunnan, shortly after the golden week. We usually do not use travel agencies for trips in China. But due to a rather last minute opportunity to travel, we contacted the team from China Discovery in order to get it arranged and safe all the detailed planning and arrangement at our end. Zeva Du, one of their agents, contacted us immediately and customized the itinerary according to our input. Her service was excellent (fast/responsive, patient, diligent). The entire process from the first contact to final booking, payment and confirmation was very smooth and reliable. We booked the flights ourselves and left everything else to Zeva. Zeva dealt with several last minute changes in a perfect manner. Overall, we had a very good and hassle-free time in Yunnan. Since the important sites have been well described by others and this post is about „China Discovery“, I do not comment on the different activities and sites. Everything was well planned and worked out very well. The guides were flexible to respond to some additional requests from our side. The driver was kind and experienced. For pick-up and drop-off, we did not book the guide but only the driver. That worked out very well. Since we started our trip two days before the end of the golden week, we never had to deal with busy places or long waiting lines. The program usually concluded early enough to leave sufficient time to explore the cities on our own. We enjoyed some really nice moments when we mingled with locals and other tourists on our own (e.g. Lijiang and Shangri La by night, especially the nightly dance in the old town in SL). It would have been nice if the guides would have given some hints for such activities. Probably our fault. We did not ask since we usually explore China on our own. What would we change were we to do the trip again? Most probably I would book the trip w/o lunch included. It takes too much time. The first days, we did change lunch into dinner (very late lunch :-)). But we still didn’t feel comfortable having to be careful not to exceed the „unknown“ budget. We are simply not used to that but to order „whatever we want“. As such, we later simply left the lunch budget as tip and paid our meals ourselves.
Do you need a guide for this trip? Definitely not for the entire tour. Especially if you are used to travel China and can speak some basic Mandarin. The city parts you can do on your own. But for the hiking in unknown territory and visiting remote places, using a guide is advisable - for this tour. We learned a lot talking to the guides and saved a lot of time, too.
All in all, we are very satisfied with the organisation by Zeva and the service we received locally. For the ones that do not want to go thru the hassle of planning and organizing everything themselves, I can highly recommend China Discovery and Zeva in particular.
Most Valuable Reviews Our Customers listed on TripAdvisor
- Best Tour Ever Organized by Wendy Dan.
- 69-day Private Tour to Discover a lot of China
- 2 Week Family Vacation in China
- Xian, Terracotta Warriors, Using High Speed Train
- Fantastic 2 Weeks around China
- Mt. Huangshan and Anhui Villages 3 Day Tour
- Private Family Tour of Beijing, Sichuan and Xian
- Solo Tour (Beijing/Xian/Yunnan/Yangtze/Beijing)
More City Reviews from Our Customers
- All Beijing Travel Reviews
- All Xian Travel Reviews
- All Shanghai Travel Reviews
- All Guilin Travel Reviews
- All Chengdu Travel Reviews
- All Zhangjiajie Travel Reviews
- All Yunnan Travel Reviews
- All Huangshan Travel Reviews
- All Yangtze River Travel Reviews
- All Tibet Travel Reviews
- All Silk Road Travel Reviews
- All Shanxi Travel Reviews
Amazing Travel Stories
Besides the origin feedback telling their satisfaction about their travel, some customers also nicely shared their travel stories in details. You can read their stories and seek for more inspiration.
“Only You” - Couple’s Resounding 69 Days Private China Journey
Elie & Marie has successfully enjoyed their wonderful and romantic 10 week couple's private vacation and experienced a lot of interesting things in 32 destinations around vast China!
- Elie (Belgium)
- (69 Days) 2019.09.04~2019.11.11
- Beijing - Hohhot - Datong - Pingyao - Luoyang - Xian - Jiayuguan ... Chengdu - Yangtze - Zhangjiajie - Yunnan - Guilin... Hangzhou - Shanghai
North American English Teachers’ China Trips to Visit Their Students off Internet
We customized three big group China trips for tens of VIPKid English teachers and their family members to visit Xian, Shanghai, etc. from Beijing and meet their students off Internet in China in 2019!
- VIPKid Teachers (USA/Canada)
- (9-21 Days) 2019
- Beijing - Xian - Shanghai - Suzhou –Shanghai - Hangzhou - Huangshan... Yangtze Cruise...Chengdu - Beijing
Winston's Couple Tour to 9 Cities around China plus Yangtze Cruise
Winston and his wife have traveled to many world places during the past 21 years and experienced the best vacation this time to explore China's west and east, north and south parts!
- Winston (USA)
- (22 Days) 2019.05.17~2019.6.07
- Beijing - Xian - Lhasa - Chengdu - Guilin - Longsheng - Yangshuo - Chongqing - Yangtze River Cruise - Yichang - Shanghai - Suzhou - Beijing
Warm People, Warm the World - Annual Tibet Trip for Love Sharing
Jack and their partners would get back to Tibet from the distant USA every year, and until now, they’ve visited Tibet for 6 times. Every time, they had wonderful time enjoying the highlights of Tibet, and helped the blind, brought them hope of life and encouraged them.
- Jack (USA)
- (6 Times) 2013~2019
Rachel Grant’s Panda Volunteer Experience in Dujiangyan
The distinctive black and white animal is a national treasure in China and one of the rarest, most endangered bears in the world. A one-on-one encounter with a giant panda is a bucket list highlight and a must-do when you are in China. The time I spent witnessing such human dedication is truly eye-opening...
- Panda Volunteer Star: Ms. Rachel Grant (British)
- Chengdu - Dujiangyan
Returning Hometown to Regain Adopted Daughter's Confidence
Lawson's Family had an amazing family China tour with their two adopted daughters from China and touchingly helped their adopted ethnic little girl regain confidence.
- Lawson (UK)
- (19 Days) 2018.10.17~2018.11.04
- Shenzhen - Xiamen - Yongding - Guangzhou - ... - Yangshuo - Guilin - Chengdu - Hangzhou - Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai