- Reviewed on January 18, 2021
- Tour Customized by: Wonder
Recently my husband and I went to Beijing and Xi 'an with China Discovery. This is our fourth trip with this company! And our fourth trip working with Wonder as our travel-technician!
We are extremely happy with our experience.Unexpected events happened and we were required to head to a Beijing Public hospital for a check.Wonder, our tour guide Linda, and China Discovery, however, made it as smooth of an experience as possible for us while also trying to ensure we could still see the "big events": namely, the Great Wall, Forbidden City, and Temple of Heaven.And even though our itinerary needed some edits due to the unexpected events, Linda made sure that we were able to enjoy our experience in the safest way possible.She looked for shorter lines, she journeyed in the cold to a more remote area on the Great Wall with us, and she even waited with us at the train station when we were heading to Xi 'an. She also always made a point to always pick the most excellent food choices for our lunch, making an extra effort to merge the food that represented Beijing, but also that would be comfortable for a westerner to eat. While we would have been willing to try anything, that extra little effort made our eating experience all the more wonderful. Throughout the entire time in Beijing, Linda always made sure we were comfortable and safe and Wonder checked in frequently.
Next, Bruce, our tour guide in Xi 'an, was also excellent! Extremely passionate about history and food, he wanted to make sure we had the fullest experience possible during our short stay in Xi' an.He encouraged us to ask questions and went on a food mission to make sure, even though we were already eating the most wonderful dumplings, that we could also try a special sandwich from Xi 'an prior to heading to the airport. I love food, so this was fantastic! We rode around the wall on a bicycle -- a surprisingly very fun experience -- , visited the warriors, toured the Muslim quarter and tried a number of the most wonderful dishes I have ever had in China. Bruce also took the time to show us HOW to eat some of the dishes, since we would have been lost otherwise.
We are very happy with our experience and hope that we can go on another one.If so, we will definitely be reaching out to Wonder, since we have thus far, thoroughly enjoyed our adventures.
Most Valuable Reviews Our Customers listed on TripAdvisor
- Best Tour Ever Organized by Wendy Dan.
- 69-day Private Tour to Discover a lot of China
- 2 Week Family Vacation in China
- Xian, Terracotta Warriors, Using High Speed Train
- Fantastic 2 Weeks around China
- Mt. Huangshan and Anhui Villages 3 Day Tour
- Private Family Tour of Beijing, Sichuan and Xian
- Solo Tour (Beijing/Xian/Yunnan/Yangtze/Beijing)
More City Reviews from Our Customers
- All Beijing Travel Reviews
- All Xian Travel Reviews
- All Shanghai Travel Reviews
- All Guilin Travel Reviews
- All Chengdu Travel Reviews
- All Zhangjiajie Travel Reviews
- All Yunnan Travel Reviews
- All Huangshan Travel Reviews
- All Yangtze River Travel Reviews
- All Tibet Travel Reviews
- All Silk Road Travel Reviews
- All Shanxi Travel Reviews
Amazing Travel Stories
Besides the origin feedback telling their satisfaction about their travel, some customers also nicely shared their travel stories in details. You can read their stories and seek for more inspiration.
“Only You” - Couple’s Resounding 69 Days Private China Journey
Elie & Marie has successfully enjoyed their wonderful and romantic 10 week couple's private vacation and experienced a lot of interesting things in 32 destinations around vast China!
- Elie (Belgium)
- (69 Days) 2019.09.04~2019.11.11
- Beijing - Hohhot - Datong - Pingyao - Luoyang - Xian - Jiayuguan ... Chengdu - Yangtze - Zhangjiajie - Yunnan - Guilin... Hangzhou - Shanghai
North American English Teachers’ China Trips to Visit Their Students off Internet
We customized three big group China trips for tens of VIPKid English teachers and their family members to visit Xian, Shanghai, etc. from Beijing and meet their students off Internet in China in 2019!
- VIPKid Teachers (USA/Canada)
- (9-21 Days) 2019
- Beijing - Xian - Shanghai - Suzhou –Shanghai - Hangzhou - Huangshan... Yangtze Cruise...Chengdu - Beijing
Winston's Couple Tour to 9 Cities around China plus Yangtze Cruise
Winston and his wife have traveled to many world places during the past 21 years and experienced the best vacation this time to explore China's west and east, north and south parts!
- Winston (USA)
- (22 Days) 2019.05.17~2019.6.07
- Beijing - Xian - Lhasa - Chengdu - Guilin - Longsheng - Yangshuo - Chongqing - Yangtze River Cruise - Yichang - Shanghai - Suzhou - Beijing
Warm People, Warm the World - Annual Tibet Trip for Love Sharing
Jack and their partners would get back to Tibet from the distant USA every year, and until now, they’ve visited Tibet for 6 times. Every time, they had wonderful time enjoying the highlights of Tibet, and helped the blind, brought them hope of life and encouraged them.
- Jack (USA)
- (6 Times) 2013~2019
Rachel Grant’s Panda Volunteer Experience in Dujiangyan
The distinctive black and white animal is a national treasure in China and one of the rarest, most endangered bears in the world. A one-on-one encounter with a giant panda is a bucket list highlight and a must-do when you are in China. The time I spent witnessing such human dedication is truly eye-opening...
- Panda Volunteer Star: Ms. Rachel Grant (British)
- Chengdu - Dujiangyan
Returning Hometown to Regain Adopted Daughter's Confidence
Lawson's Family had an amazing family China tour with their two adopted daughters from China and touchingly helped their adopted ethnic little girl regain confidence.
- Lawson (UK)
- (19 Days) 2018.10.17~2018.11.04
- Shenzhen - Xiamen - Yongding - Guangzhou - ... - Yangshuo - Guilin - Chengdu - Hangzhou - Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai