- Reviewed on Feburary 27, 2019
- Tour Customized by: Catherine
We chose a private tour as we wanted a relaxing trip, some time to ourselves, and flexibility. I arranged our 18 day trip through Catherine Liu (China Discovery, based in Chengdu). I made several changes to our itinerary, had many questions and a few concerns; Catherine responded quickly allying our concerns, providing more information, and making the changes requested. We travelled by air, bullet trains and private vans. All our guides were great, heaps of historic and local knowledge.
The Ice & Snow Festival in Harbin was on our bucket list, so expectations were high. Harbin is awesome: very friendly people, great food, stunning scenery, and didn’t feel as cold as we expected (due to the dry air, it felt 10 degrees warmer than it actually was – still cold though). I do recommend visiting the Snow Park towards the end on the day so you can catch the light show, it’s stunning. The second floor of the tourist information centre has some entertaining stuff to look at too.
Beijing was great! I do recommend going in the winter/off-season, as it is much less crowded. Our tour guide Eric was amazing; we loved his sense of humour, entertaining way of telling us about the history & chatty story titbits, and his enthusiasm was contagious. We were always either in awe or laughing. Unfortunately I started to get sick while in Beijing.
Xian was impressive, but unfortunately I got sicker. Catherine had kept in touch throughout, to see how I was, and arranged for me to visit the hospital with our interpreter. That was an experience I won’t forget.
We were so impressed with our tours, interpreters, drivers, and ongoing attention to detail (both pre & during the trip); we asked to meet Catherine when we were in Chengdu to thank her personally. The tour far exceeded our expectations, accommodation was great, and Catherine ensured my request for hotels with comfortable beds was met.
Thanks again to Catherine, our guides and drivers.
Most Valuable Reviews Our Customers listed on TripAdvisor
- Best Tour Ever Organized by Wendy Dan.
- 69-day Private Tour to Discover a lot of China
- 2 Week Family Vacation in China
- Xian, Terracotta Warriors, Using High Speed Train
- Fantastic 2 Weeks around China
- Mt. Huangshan and Anhui Villages 3 Day Tour
- Private Family Tour of Beijing, Sichuan and Xian
- Solo Tour (Beijing/Xian/Yunnan/Yangtze/Beijing)
More City Reviews from Our Customers
- All Beijing Travel Reviews
- All Xian Travel Reviews
- All Shanghai Travel Reviews
- All Guilin Travel Reviews
- All Chengdu Travel Reviews
- All Zhangjiajie Travel Reviews
- All Yunnan Travel Reviews
- All Huangshan Travel Reviews
- All Yangtze River Travel Reviews
- All Tibet Travel Reviews
- All Silk Road Travel Reviews
- All Shanxi Travel Reviews
Amazing Travel Stories
Besides the origin feedback telling their satisfaction about their travel, some customers also nicely shared their travel stories in details. You can read their stories and seek for more inspiration.
“Only You” - Couple’s Resounding 69 Days Private China Journey
Elie & Marie has successfully enjoyed their wonderful and romantic 10 week couple's private vacation and experienced a lot of interesting things in 32 destinations around vast China!
- Elie (Belgium)
- (69 Days) 2019.09.04~2019.11.11
- Beijing - Hohhot - Datong - Pingyao - Luoyang - Xian - Jiayuguan ... Chengdu - Yangtze - Zhangjiajie - Yunnan - Guilin... Hangzhou - Shanghai
North American English Teachers’ China Trips to Visit Their Students off Internet
We customized three big group China trips for tens of VIPKid English teachers and their family members to visit Xian, Shanghai, etc. from Beijing and meet their students off Internet in China in 2019!
- VIPKid Teachers (USA/Canada)
- (9-21 Days) 2019
- Beijing - Xian - Shanghai - Suzhou –Shanghai - Hangzhou - Huangshan... Yangtze Cruise...Chengdu - Beijing
Winston's Couple Tour to 9 Cities around China plus Yangtze Cruise
Winston and his wife have traveled to many world places during the past 21 years and experienced the best vacation this time to explore China's west and east, north and south parts!
- Winston (USA)
- (22 Days) 2019.05.17~2019.6.07
- Beijing - Xian - Lhasa - Chengdu - Guilin - Longsheng - Yangshuo - Chongqing - Yangtze River Cruise - Yichang - Shanghai - Suzhou - Beijing
Warm People, Warm the World - Annual Tibet Trip for Love Sharing
Jack and their partners would get back to Tibet from the distant USA every year, and until now, they’ve visited Tibet for 6 times. Every time, they had wonderful time enjoying the highlights of Tibet, and helped the blind, brought them hope of life and encouraged them.
- Jack (USA)
- (6 Times) 2013~2019
Rachel Grant’s Panda Volunteer Experience in Dujiangyan
The distinctive black and white animal is a national treasure in China and one of the rarest, most endangered bears in the world. A one-on-one encounter with a giant panda is a bucket list highlight and a must-do when you are in China. The time I spent witnessing such human dedication is truly eye-opening...
- Panda Volunteer Star: Ms. Rachel Grant (British)
- Chengdu - Dujiangyan
Returning Hometown to Regain Adopted Daughter's Confidence
Lawson's Family had an amazing family China tour with their two adopted daughters from China and touchingly helped their adopted ethnic little girl regain confidence.
- Lawson (UK)
- (19 Days) 2018.10.17~2018.11.04
- Shenzhen - Xiamen - Yongding - Guangzhou - ... - Yangshuo - Guilin - Chengdu - Hangzhou - Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai