- Reviewed on April 24 2019
- Tour Customized by: Yanny
I used China Discovery (based in Chengdu) and our travel consultant was Yanny He to organise a private tour (car, guide, fast train tickets) to Huangshan and nearby villages. I selected this company after comparing with two other companies based on price as the level or response was the same. I found them most reasonable.
I organised my own hotel at Huangshan city and I think the Crowne Plaza was very good base as that’s the only western chain hotel that I am aware off and foreign credit card accepted.
One thing to note that foreign overseas credit cards in general are not accepted in any/most business/shop/ restaurant unless its part of a foreign chain or company. You will need cash for everything in general and that includes eating at the restaurants that the guide will take you to. Even the nice ones.
The booking and quick response was very much appreciated and Yanny’s patience in answering my questions was very nice and clear.
Generally a wonderful tour in terms or booking process, transport, organising, tour guide and tour itself. I paid using PayPal and did not encounter any issues.
I picked up my own fast train tickets from the Shanghai Hongqiao station after I received the reference number from Yanny. It was very easy.
The transport arrangements (car and driver) was polite,prompt, safe and on time each time. Car provide was a multi seater type van with space for luggage at the back. Very useful if you have a bit of luggage.
The tour guide provided (Jacky) was excellent. He is very patient and caring and speaks good English and helped me look after my parents very well making sure to stay and walk their pace while I go ahead on my own to take pictures on Mt. Huangshan. He was also very kind to help my parents with the small luggage on Mt Huangshan until we could pass it to the porter to carry the bag to the hotel. He also knew a lot of Chinese history and of the places we visited and point out places to get good pictures. He made sure everything went smoothly and provided useful tips to make the queue to get on the cable car easier also. We loved the places Jacky took us to for lunch. Food was good and standards were clean.
Note that if you don’t use a bag pack to carry stuff for your overnight stay you can get a porter to help with luggage but it will cost and charge according to weight. I think I t costs us 80RMB roughly for 8kgs.
The Xihai hotel 5 star wing is also good and the food in the hotel we found acceptable taste although it’s true a little bit more expensive than at bottom of mountain. But note that this hotel is a good at least 45 mins - 1 hour or hike up and down a few times to get to and from the Yungu Cable Car. It depends if you prefer more comfortable stay or shorter walk on the return trip to cable car. ....
Besides Huangshan, we also visited Hongcun and Xidi village in one day before the two days trip up and down Mt. Huangshan. Both worth a visit although if you had to choose, I would say you need only do Hongcun for the picturesque views and photos.
Most Valuable Reviews Our Customers listed on TripAdvisor
- Best Tour Ever Organized by Wendy Dan.
- 69-day Private Tour to Discover a lot of China
- 2 Week Family Vacation in China
- Xian, Terracotta Warriors, Using High Speed Train
- Fantastic 2 Weeks around China
- Mt. Huangshan and Anhui Villages 3 Day Tour
- Private Family Tour of Beijing, Sichuan and Xian
- Solo Tour (Beijing/Xian/Yunnan/Yangtze/Beijing)
More City Reviews from Our Customers
- All Beijing Travel Reviews
- All Xian Travel Reviews
- All Shanghai Travel Reviews
- All Guilin Travel Reviews
- All Chengdu Travel Reviews
- All Zhangjiajie Travel Reviews
- All Yunnan Travel Reviews
- All Huangshan Travel Reviews
- All Yangtze River Travel Reviews
- All Tibet Travel Reviews
- All Silk Road Travel Reviews
- All Shanxi Travel Reviews
Amazing Travel Stories
Besides the origin feedback telling their satisfaction about their travel, some customers also nicely shared their travel stories in details. You can read their stories and seek for more inspiration.
“Only You” - Couple’s Resounding 69 Days Private China Journey
Elie & Marie has successfully enjoyed their wonderful and romantic 10 week couple's private vacation and experienced a lot of interesting things in 32 destinations around vast China!
- Elie (Belgium)
- (69 Days) 2019.09.04~2019.11.11
- Beijing - Hohhot - Datong - Pingyao - Luoyang - Xian - Jiayuguan ... Chengdu - Yangtze - Zhangjiajie - Yunnan - Guilin... Hangzhou - Shanghai
North American English Teachers’ China Trips to Visit Their Students off Internet
We customized three big group China trips for tens of VIPKid English teachers and their family members to visit Xian, Shanghai, etc. from Beijing and meet their students off Internet in China in 2019!
- VIPKid Teachers (USA/Canada)
- (9-21 Days) 2019
- Beijing - Xian - Shanghai - Suzhou –Shanghai - Hangzhou - Huangshan... Yangtze Cruise...Chengdu - Beijing
Winston's Couple Tour to 9 Cities around China plus Yangtze Cruise
Winston and his wife have traveled to many world places during the past 21 years and experienced the best vacation this time to explore China's west and east, north and south parts!
- Winston (USA)
- (22 Days) 2019.05.17~2019.6.07
- Beijing - Xian - Lhasa - Chengdu - Guilin - Longsheng - Yangshuo - Chongqing - Yangtze River Cruise - Yichang - Shanghai - Suzhou - Beijing
Warm People, Warm the World - Annual Tibet Trip for Love Sharing
Jack and their partners would get back to Tibet from the distant USA every year, and until now, they’ve visited Tibet for 6 times. Every time, they had wonderful time enjoying the highlights of Tibet, and helped the blind, brought them hope of life and encouraged them.
- Jack (USA)
- (6 Times) 2013~2019
Rachel Grant’s Panda Volunteer Experience in Dujiangyan
The distinctive black and white animal is a national treasure in China and one of the rarest, most endangered bears in the world. A one-on-one encounter with a giant panda is a bucket list highlight and a must-do when you are in China. The time I spent witnessing such human dedication is truly eye-opening...
- Panda Volunteer Star: Ms. Rachel Grant (British)
- Chengdu - Dujiangyan
Returning Hometown to Regain Adopted Daughter's Confidence
Lawson's Family had an amazing family China tour with their two adopted daughters from China and touchingly helped their adopted ethnic little girl regain confidence.
- Lawson (UK)
- (19 Days) 2018.10.17~2018.11.04
- Shenzhen - Xiamen - Yongding - Guangzhou - ... - Yangshuo - Guilin - Chengdu - Hangzhou - Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai